Chapter 43: Soon

Hallyu Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun woke up to the loud ringing of his phone. With his eyes still closed, he reached out to his bedside table to grab his phone. He dove back to his bed as he answered the call.

"Hmm.. Yoboseyo?" Kyuhyun answered in his sleepy voice.

"I fell asleep last night. Sorry!"

Kyuhyun smiled. It always felt nice and warm to hear her voice first thing in the morning. Last night, before Shin Hye fell asleep on him, they were talking about something trivial, that he thought that it was better if Cha Eunsang ended up with Choi Youngdo while Shin Hye thought otherwise. They debated about it for hours until Shin Hye fell asleep. Ever since that night that he got drunk, they have been seeing each other more often. Sometimes it was planned, sometimes it was just spontaneous. He even managed to sneak into the set of Shin Hye's drama filming. And they were always on the phone with each other. Be it talking on the phone or just messaging.

"It's okay. At least I know I'm the last person you talked to before you fell asleep." Kyuhyun said.

"Haha. Right. Sure." Shin Hye giggled.

Even though he couldn't see her, he knew that she was blushing. "Oh no. Did I just made you blush again?" Kyuhyun teased.

"Yah! I'm not blushing!" Shin Hye screamed at him through the phone.

Kyuhyun laughed. "You're being too defensive about it which means it's true."

"Anyway, I'm going home right now. To my parent's house." Shin Hye informed him. Her phone voice sounded really adorable that it made Kyuhyun want to see her.

"Oh. And why is that?" He asked, noting that Shin Hye steered the topic from her blushing.

"To take Nori back! I can take care of both of them now that I'm finished filming my drama." Shin Hye said in a proud and adorable voice.

"Wow! Congratulations, Park Shin Hye!" Kyuhyun chuckled.

"Komawo!" Shin Hye giggled.

Kyuhyun sighed. "Well, I guess that means you'll be busy today." He said in a low voice.

"Yeah, a bit. I need to give them baths and fix my room. Wae?" Shin Hye asked.

"Nothing. Just.. I was planning to visit you. But you won't be at you apartment. So.." Kyuhyun said as he scratched his neck.

"Then come to my parent's house." Shin Hye just simply said.

"Hmm.." Kyuhyun mumbled as he thought about it. That would be okay but it has been so long since he last went there.

"Wae? Scared of my parents?" Shin Hye asked.

And then there were her parents. "Uhm, yeah." Kyuhyun admitted.

Shin Hye giggled. "But you were brave enough to come to them and ask for their permission, right?"

"Well.. It's a little embarrassing to be there with them and with you.. I mean--" Kyuhyun paused. How did she knew about that? "Wait? You knew about that?" He asked.

"Yes. My eomma told me." Shin Hye answered.

"She told you everything?" Kyuhyun asked as he sat up on his bed.

"She won't tell me everything. She said I need to ask you. What did you do, anyway?" Shin Hye asked.

Kyuhyun sighed in relief. "I'll tell when I see you. But is it really okay for me to come?" He asked worriedly.

"Of course it is! My parent's won't even be there." Shin Hye said.

Kyuhyun smirked. "So we would have the house to ourselves? Is that why you're inviting me to come?" He teased again.

"Yah! I didn't invite you! It's just.. You said you wanted to come see me!" Shin Hye screeched. He was sure that she was blushing again.

Kyuhyun laughed at how she sounded. "Fine! I'm just teasing."

"Great. Keep on teasing me, Cho Kyuhyun and you'll see." Shin Hye scoffed.

At that moment, the door to Kyuhyun's bedroom suddenly opened. Startled, Kyuhyun pulled his blanket to cover his body.

"YAH! WAKE UP, CHO KYUHYUN!" Ryeowook shouted at him. But seeing that he was already awake and on the phone, his mood changed. "Oh, you're already awake. And already on the phone. Time for breakfast." He said before slamming the door behind him.

"Aish!" Kyuhyun mumbled.

"Is Ryeowook oppa still nagging you to eat whatever food he cooked?" Shin Hye asked.

"Yup! And he would still get really cranky whenever we don't eat the food that he cooked." Kyuhyun said as he got up from his bed.

"I guess I shouldn't keep you then." Shin Hye said.

"Wait, seriously, is it really okay if I come?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Yes, it is. Let's hung up before Ryeowook oppa comes barging in on you again." Shin Hye giggled.

"Okay." Kyuhyun smiled. "I love you." He said in a low voice.

Shin Hye giggled. "See you later!" And then she hung up.

Kyuhyun sighed as he smiled. Of course she still won't say it back. But it's pretty obvious that she loves him as well. She just probably wasn't ready yet. But if he were being honest, after all this time that they were spending together, he thought that she would say yes to him already. But Shin Hye seemed like she had no plans of saying it yet. At least not soon. He just had to wait until then and try his best.

He went straight to the kitchen after freshening up. When he got there, his hyungs were already on the table eating the breakfast that Ryeowook obviously prepared. All their heads turned to him as soon as he entered the kitchen. They all look tired and sleep deprived while he was happy and full of energy.

"Good morning, hyungs!" Kyuhyun greeted them cheerfully.

They only looked at him and went back to stuffing their faces with food. Kyuhyun shrugged. He took the empty seat in between Donghae and Heechul. He placed his phone on the table before he started eating.

"Yah! This is the dining table! Why are you putting your phone here?" Heechul scolded him.

Kyuhyun swallowed his food before answering his hyung. "Well.. Someone might text or call me. So.." He grinned.

"But you just got off the phone with Shin Hye." Shindong remarked.

"How did you know that?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Ryeowook told us." Eunhyuk said while chewing his food.

"And how did you know I was talking to her?" Kyuhyun asked while turning to Ryeowook.

"Who else would you be on the phone with as soon as you wake up?" Ryeowook reasoned out.

Kyuhyun nodded his head. "Fine, then! I was talking to her!" He went back to eating.

"So you guys are back together now?" It was Kangin who asked.

Kyuhyun stopped chewing. He drank water to help swallow the food. "It looks like it, right?" He asked his hyungs and they all nodded their heads to say yes. "But, no. Not yet." He smiled sadly.

"Why not?" Donghae asked innocently.

Kyuhyun sighed as he placed his bowl and spoon on the table. "Because, it's complicated. There's still a lot to be fixed. At least on her part."

"Like what?" Donghae asked again.

"I don't know about her. But from what I can see and from what I can feel, I think she still can't completely trust me yet." Kyuhyun said in a sad tone.

"Forgiving is easy. But trusting again isn't." Heechul said wistfully.

"You should do whatever it takes to show her that she can trust you, then." Eunhyuk said.

"And show her and make her feel that you won't ever hurt her again." Kangin said while smiling at him.

Kyuhyun nodded his head. "I know. And that's exactly what I'm doing."

"Fighting, Kyuhyun-ah!" Shindong cheered on him.

"Yes! Get Shin Hye back so that we can hang out again with her!" Donghae exclaimed.

"Eat lots of food so that you would have energy to get her back!" Ryeowook said as he placed more food on Kyuhyun's bowl.

Kyuhyun chukled at his hyungs. "Thanks, hyungs! You guys are weird but very helpful."

At that moment, Kyuhyun's phone beeped. A text message just came in. He smiled as he picked his phone up.

"Oh! It's Shin Hye!" Kyuhyun exclaimed giddily while looking at his hyungs.

His hyungs just grunted at his giddiness before they got back to their eating.

He smiled as he saw Shin Hye's face popped up on his screen. He smiled even more while reading the message.

Shin Hye: Come after lunch, okay? See you! ♥

He sighed happily while typing out a reply.

Kyuhyun: Arasso! Can't wait to see you! ♥

They may not be together officially yet but he is happy with the way they were right then.

 

~0~

 

"Bongji-ah, please." Shin Hye pleaded with her dog.

She had been convincing her dog to take a bath for the last thirty minutes. After giving them their lunch, Shin Hye bathed Nori first. Nori willingly obliged. She had always been the more obedient one between the two of them. And now, Bongji didn't even want to climb in their tub. All she was doing was looking at Shin Hye with her adorable puppy eyes.

"No! Those puppy eyes aren't working right now!" Shin Hye scolded her dog. She moved closer to Bongji to pick her up but she just ran away.

"YAH! GONG BONGJI! AISH!" Shin Hye shouted. "Get back here, you little brat!" She shouted as she ran for her dog.

But Bongji would not budge. Seeing her unnie running after her made her run faster. She thought Shin Hye was playing games with her. Shin Hye slumped down on the floor, tired from all the running. Finally, Bongji stopped running, too.

"Bongji-ah. Could you please just get in the tub?" Shin Hye cooed her dog. "Come on. It's just a bath. It won't kill you."

Bongji only answered her with an adorable bark and her cute puppy eyes. Shin Hye just sighed. She could never get mad at her dogs especially whenever they use that adorable puppy stare on her. Somehow, it reminded her of Kyuhyun and his stubborness. At that moment, someone knocked on the glass door. Shin Hye smiled as she saw who it was.

"Uhm, is everything okay here?" Kyuhyun asked with a confused expression.

Shin Hye giggled. "Not really. Bongji doesn't want to take a bath."

Kyuhyun slowly nodded his head. "Oh. Is that so?" He asked as he went to Shin Hye and sat down beside her. "Bongji-ah! Nori-ah!" Kyuhyun called the two dogs and they happily went to him.

Shin Hye scoffed at how fast Bongji approached Kyuhyun. "Wow. Look at that brat being all cute to you."

"Well, she is cute." Kyuhyun said as he looked and smiled at her. "Wow! Uri Nori-ah smells so nice!" He said as he gave Nori a kiss.

Shin Hye felt her heart growing twice its size at the sight. She knew that Kyuhyun wasn't originally an animal person. But she could see how much he loves her pets. And anyone who loves her pets as much as she does automatically has a space in her heart. But then again, Kyuhyun always had a space in her heart. He never even left.

"Bongji-ah! Do you want me to give you a kiss too?" Kyuhyun asked Bongji and she replied with a bark. "But I don't want to. Because you haven't taken a bath yet." He said while petting the dog's head.

"That's right. That's why we should go to the tub and--" Shin Hye sweet talked Bongji as she tried to grab her from Kyuhyun. But to her dismay, Bongji ran away. Again. "See that brat! She has been running away from me ever since Nori has finished with her bath!" Shin Hye exclaimed with her furrowed brows.

Kyuhyun reached out and cupped her face. He was caressing her cheek with one hand and smoothing her creased forehead with the other. "Don't stress yourself anymore, arasso? I'm here now and I'll help you." He said in a voice that sent shivers down Shin Hye's spine and made her knees weaken.

Shin Hye only nodded her head. She could feel her cheeks heating up. And he had successfully made her blush just like earlier when they were talking on the phone. She watched as Kyuhyun called Bongji and carried her to the tub. He was looking at her while smirking. Proud that he had managed to get the difficult Bongji.

"So, shall we give her a bath?" Kyuhyun asked her.

"Yeah. Okay." Shin Hye said in a high-pitched voice. She was still a little dazed from that short skinship with Kyuhyun. "Thanks." She mumbled.

"Welcome." Kyuhyun smiled as he passed her the shower.

They bathed Bongji quietly. With Shin Hye doing the actual bathing while Kyuhyun was holding Bongji down so that she won't jump from the tub. But Shin Hye spoke soon before finishing.

"So.. Why did you want to see me?" She asked while eyeing him.

"Oh.. Yeah.. Yes.." Kyuhyun said as he scratched his head. And he was blushing. So cute. "Uhm.. Because.. I just.. Want to ask you.. Something.." He stuttered.

"Ask me about what?" Shin Hye asked encouragingly.

Kyuhyun breathed deeply before talking. He looked nervous. "Hmm.. There's this thing.. I have a thing.. And I was wondering if maybe you would--" But Kyuhyun wasn't able to finish because Bongji decided to shake the water off her fur at that moment. His face got soaked with water.

Shin Hye laughed at Kyuhyun's expression. His eyes were closed and his mouth was open. He looked like he was gasping for air. When he opened his eyes, he blinked at Shin Hye who was still laughing at him. But she knew what was going to happen next. Because Kyuhyun was smirking and the next thing she knew, her face and her body was completely soaked with water. He used the shower to spray water at her. And it was now Kyuhyun's turn to laugh at her.

Shin Hye looked at him with a shocked expression. She furrowed her brows, pretending to get mad. But Kyuhyun was still not calming his laughter down. "YAH!" She shouted and that caught his attention.

Kyuhyun stopped laughing and worry filled his face. "I'm so sorry I didn't--"

But Shin Hye was fast this time. She grabbed the other shower from the tub and aimed it at Kyuhyun's face. She had successfully sprayed his face with water. She giggled and got up as Kyuhyun lunged for her. She ran away from him while giggling and squealing.

"I'm going to get you!" Kyuhyun exclaimed as he ran after Shin Hye while spraying her more with water.

They chased each other around like two little kids playing with each other. Bongji, who was left at the tub, managed to get out and join Nori to dry herself. The two dogs watched as Kyuhyun and Shin Hye ran after each other while giggling. They ran around the garden while spraying water at each other and laughing at each other's faces. And after moments of running away, Shin Hye felt a pair of hand grabbed her waist.

"Gotcha!" Kyuhyun exclaimed as he pulled her closer to him.

Shin Hye giggled while she unknowingly placed her hands on Kyuhyun's chest which was heaving up and down because he was panting. As soon as she realized it, she just let her hands sit there. Although she could feel another blush coming, she ignored it.

"Hi." Kyuhyun said in a low voice.

"Hi." Shin Hye whispered.

Kyuhyun smiled. He removed the hair that got stuck on Shin Hye's forehead because of the water. After that, they just looked into each other's eyes for what seemed like hours. Shin Hye sighed. She could look into his eyes forever. They remained staring at each other until Kyuhyun spoke up.

"You're so beautiful." Kyuhyun whispered.

Shin Hye bit her lip as she smiled. She sighed. She really loves him so much. What she can't understand was why was she complicating and over thinking things? "Kyuhyun.. I.." She paused. She didn't know what to say.

"You don't need to say anything if you're not ready. I told you, I'm going to wait." Kyuhyun said in a very calm and gentle voice.

"But what if I take so long to think? What if you get tired of waiting?" Shin Hye said in a panicked tone. She wanted to cry.

Kyuhyun shook his head. "I won't get tired. That won't happen." He assured her.

He was being so sweet and understanding that all Shin Hye could do was to hug him. Kyuhyun chuckled and hugged her back. After a few minutes, Shin Hye gently let go and looked up at him.

"I'm so sorry." She said.

"For what?" Kyuhyun asked confusedly.

"For this. Sorry that I can't make up my mind. Sorry that I can't give you the answer that you want yet." Shin Hye pouted.

Kyuhyun chuckled and pinched her cheeks. "You don't need to be sorry for that. I understand. Really." He paused as he breathed in deeply. "But.. Do you mind if I ask what the problem is?"

Shin Hye closed her eyes and bit her lip. When she opened it, Kyuhyun was looking at her with very kind eyes that were full of love for her. She knew that he loved her so much. So it's only fitting that she tell him what the problem was. "I'm just.. Scared. Really scared. Because.. What if we do this again and the same thing happens? What if.. What if.. What if we do this again and when things get hard you leave me again? I don't know if I should trust my heart to you again because of that." She said as she lowered her head to avoid Kyuhyun's gaze.

Kyuhyun lifted her chin up to make her look at him. "Then tell me what I should do to gain your trust back? Tell me what I need to do for you to completely trust me again?"

"I don't know." Shin Hye quietly said as she looked him in the eye.

Kyuhyun sighed. "What I did, that was very stupid and cowardly. I just want you to know that I would never do that to you again. I've learned my lesson. Also, I love you so so much. I love you so much that it's a torture to me hearing you say that. And I'm really, really sorry that you feel that way. What could I do to convince you?" He asked. He almost sounded like he was pleading.

"You're doing fine. I guess, it's just me. Me and my trust issues." Shin Hye sadly said. "Are you going to wait until I sort everything out?" She asked.

Kyuhyun smiled that sweet smile of his. He had seen him smile to his fans plenty of times. But this smile was hers only. "I will. And don't worry. I'll be here to help you sort whatever it is that needs to be sorted out."

"Komawo." Shin Hye smiled. She hopes that she stops worrying and over thinking things so that she could fully give her heart and love to him.

"Aigoo, Shin Hye-ah." Kyuhyun sighed.

"What? Why?" She asked.

"I.. Just.." Kyuhyun paused as he looked at her lips. "I kind of want to kiss you." He said shyly.

Shin Hye smiled as she looked at Kyuhyun's pretty and plump lips. That's what she actually wanted to do, too. "Kiss me, then." She whispered.

Kyuhyun look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter