Chapter 27: Where did Shin Hye go?

Hallyu Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay, guys! Before you read this chapter read this first! I profusely apologize for what happened where some people thought I already updated but can't see the new chapter. I'm so sorry for that! :( I just accidentally unchecked the "Hide Chapter" twice even though the chapter is not finished yet. I had to delete the published chapter right away that's why some of you did not see any new chapter even if you guys recieved a notification that I updated. So i'm sorry for that. Anyway, this chapter is so random but I have to do a few more chapters before the big event that is going to happen to Shin Hye and Kyuhyun so please, bear with me guys! :3 Anyway, hope you like this chapter. And hi to the new subscribers!!!! 

 

 

Shin Hye is at her room reviewing scripts. She had recieved so many scripts, dramas and movies that are awaiting her confirmation. But due to her hectic schedule, flying in and out of the country, she only managed to read the scripts now. She is currently reading a movie script about a touching story of a daughter who would seek justice for her wrongly accused father. Her tears were about to fall when her phone rang all of a sudden. Her eyes widened when she saw who was calling her.

"Huh? Teukie oppa?" She asked herself. She then answered it. "Yoboseyo?"

"Shin Hye-ah! Annyeong!" Came Leeteuk's voice from the other end of the line.

"Annyeong, oppa." Shin Hye greeted cheerfully. "What's up?"

"Are you free tomorrow night?" Leeteuk asked her.

"Oh, tomorrow night? Let me check, oppa." Shin Hye said as she opened her planner to see if she has a schedule or something for tomorrow night. "Oppa, I'm free tomorrow night. Waeyo?" She asked.

"Well, you might have heard that I'm entering the military soon." Leeteuk said.

Shin Hye gasped. "Really? You are? When?" She sadly asked.

"Hmm, before this year ends. So, I was wondering," Leeteuk paused before asking her. "..maybe you could come to my party tomorrow night? It's like a send-off party. And it would mean a lot, not just for me but also to the other members if you came since you're our sister-in-law?"

Shin Hye laughed at the 'sister-in-law' part. "Of course I'll come. I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"Really? Komawoyo, Shin Hye-ah!" Leeteuk giddily said. "She's going to come!" She heard Leeteuk whispered. Shin Hye assumed that the other members are there listening to their conversation.

"Thanks for inviting me, Teukie oppa." Shin Hye said in her aegyo voice.

"Of course, Shin Hye-ah. You're part of the family now." Leeteuk chuckled. "So, I'll see you tomorrow night?"

"Deh. Annyeong." Shin Hye hung up the phone with a smile on her face. She then went back to the script that she was reading. "Where was I?" She asked herself.

"Did Teukie hyung already asked you to go to his party?" Shin Hye jumped and dropped her phone on the floor when she suddenly heard Kyuhyun's voice.

"YAH! What are you doing here?" Shin Hye shouted at him.

"Watching you read while eating my ice cream." Kyuhyun grinned. He was like a little boy seated in the middle of her bed while eating ice cream.

"Why didn't you knock?" Shin Hye asked as she sat back down on her study table's chair.

"I did but you didn't hear me so I went back downstairs and told your eomma. She said it's because you're busy and that I should just enter your room." Kyuhyun smiled at her. "And she gave me ice cream!" He exclaimed happily. A spoonful of ice cream entered his mouth.

Shin Hye nodded as she digested what Kyuhyun said. "Wait, my eomma allowed you to enter my room?" She asked.

"Yeah. Wae?" Kyuhyun asked. "Oh!" He exclaimed as realization dawned on him. "Yah. I'm not that kind of guy. But if you want, we could go to the dorm." Kyuhyun smirked.

Shin Hye stood up and walked to her bed. She grabbed a pillow and used it to hit Kyuhyun as hard as she could. "What are you talking about?" She hissed at Kyuhyun.

"I don't know." Kyuhyun pouted as he lowered his head. "That hurts." He said while massaging his head.

"Sorry." Shin Hye softly said as she sat down beside Kyuhyun and massaged his head. "Does it really hurt?" Shin Hye asked.

"Yes." Kyuhyun said in his baby voice while nodding. "Why are you always so violent?" He pouted.

"Well, will this make the pain go away?" Shin Hye kissed Kyuhyun on the top of his head. She saw Kyuhyun's lips curled up to a smile.

"Actually," Kyuhyun giddily said as he turned to look at Shin Hye. "The pillow didn't hit my head. It hit here." Kyuhyun giddily said while pointing to his cheek.

"Omo! Jeongmal?" Shin Hye asked like she was consoling a baby. Kyuhyun cutely nodded. "What should we do then?"

"You could kiss it so that it won't hurt anymore." Kyuhyun shyly said.

"Hmmm. Okay!" Shin Hye giddily said. She kissed Kyuhyun on his both cheeks.

"Ah! Komawo! It doesn't hurt anymore!" Kyuhyun exclaimed while clapping his hands. "As a reward, I'm going to kiss you, too." Kyuhyun puckered his lips but Shin Hye pushed him back.

Shin Hye laughed at him. "Wait! Wipe off the ice cream on your lips first." She said as she sat back down on her study table.

Kyuhyun pulled out a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped his lips and sat down beside Shin Hye. "There. All clean! Can I kiss you now?" Shin Hye nodded. He then gave her a peck on the lips.

"I thought you're gonna kiss me on the cheeks only." Shin Hye said as a blush crept up on her cheeks.

Kyuhyun giggled. "By the way, you're my date at Teukie hyung's party tomorrow night. Arasso?"

"And let all the people at Teukie oppa's party know that we're dating? That's pretty dangerous." Shin Hye said.

Kyuhyun pouted. "You don't want to be my date?"

"Well, it's just, you know. We don't want scandals to happen." Shin Hye grinned.

"Fine. I get it." Kyuhyun pouted and crossed his arms.

Shin Hye decided to drop it and got back to reading her scripts. Kyuhyun remained silent and Shin Hye felt a little guilty of depriving her boyfriend of a small yet complicated favor. After a few minutes has passed and Kyuhyun was still sulking, Shin Hye decided to break the silence. "Okay. Why don't we, tomorrow night, be each other's unofficial dates?" She grinned.

Kyuhyun looked at her with furrowed brows, his arms still crossed above his chest. "There's no such thing as that." Kyuhyun pouted again.

"Let's make it happen then!" Shin Hye said. "We won't approach or talk but we still have to look out for each other."

"But I want to be beside you always!" Kyuhyun whined.

"Aish!" Shin Hye hit Kyuhyun's arm lightly. "Please?" She pleaded then pouted.

"Fine." Kyuhyun agreed. "But I'll interrupt if other guys approach you and struck up a conversation with you." Kyuhyun grinned.

Shin Hye sighed. She went back to her reading. She could hear Kyuhyun finishing his bowl of ice cream.

"What are you reading?" Kyuhyun asked her.

"It's a movie script." Shin Hye said as she passed it to Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun looked at it with wide eyes. "Wow! So this is what a movie script looks like." He said. "You're going to do this?"

Shin Hye nodded. "I think I am. The story's so good and touching."

"What is it about?" Kyuhyun asked. Shin Hye opened to tell him but Kyuhyun stopped her. "Nope. Don't tell me. I'll know when I watch it. I'm sure it's going to be daebak." Kyuhyun said while pinching Shin Hye's cheek.

Shin Hye laughed sarcastically. "Thanks but, I'm not really the best when it comes to ratings." She pouted. "Remember my last drama?"

"That's because you have that punk Yonghwa as your partner!" Kyuhyun said to lighten up the mood. "And honestly, domestic ratings aren't that important. That drama was well received internationally. So, that drama was daebak despite you having a lackluster partner."

Shin Hye smiled at Kyuhyun's attempt of comforting her. "I don't know what drama script to choose. I don't even know if I should do a drama right now." Shin Hye said. "I mean, I go out of the country alot."

Kyuhyun picked up a random drama script and browsed through it. He was serious for a while. "Wow. Cool." He muttered to himself.

"Why? What?" Shin Hye curiously asked as she watched Kyuhyun read with his furrowed brows. "I haven't read that yet."

Kyuhyun looked at Shin Hye. "I'd choose this if I were you. It's one episode only and if you choose this, you'd get to be a ghost." He told her.

Shin Hye's eyes grew wide. "A ghost? That's really cool." She dreamily said. "I'll take that!"

"Great!" Kyuhyun smirked at her. He took the movie script from Shin Hye's hands and placed it along with the one-episode drama script. "There. All done. Wow. I just chose a script for you. Isn't that daebak?"

"It's fine, I guess." Shin Hye shrugged her shoulders.

"So, can we go out now?" Kyuhyun cutely asked her.

"Since I've already picked my next projects, sure! Why not?" Shin Hye giddily said.

"Yes!" Kyuhyun exclaimed while doing air fist bumps. "Let's go?" He asked. Shin Hye nodded. Kyuhyun took her hamd and held it and led her outside.


An hour before Leeteuk's party starts, Shin Hye is waiting for Kyuhyun in her house. After a long talk on the phone last night, Kyuhyun finally convinced Shin Hye to ride with him on their way to the party. Kyuhyun said he has a surprise for her and that she would totally love it.

"Hi! Hi! Hi!" Kyuhyun finally arrived and sat in front of Shin Hye on the dining table.

"Hi! Hi! Hi!" Shin Hye said while trying to match Kyuhyun's excitement.

"So, you know how almost everyone's going to be there at Teukie hyung's party later?" Kyuhyun excitedly asked.

"What? No? I thought it's only going to be people from your agency?" Shin Hye asked. "Oh no!" She muttered in panic.

"What? Why?" Kyuhyun worriedly asked.

"My friend's probably going to be there. Go Ara's probably going to be there." Shin Hye said.

Kyuhyun chuckled. "All of your idol friends, which are mostly guys if I may add, are probably going to be there." He smirked at her. "But that's not my surprise to you." He said while wriggling his eyebrows.

"What is it then?" Shin Hye curiously asked.

Kyuhyun then removed the beanie that he is wearing and pointed at his hair. " Jjan! I wanted you to be the first one to see this! Well, my hyungs and the managers and the person who did this already saw it but they're not counted." He proudly said.

"Wow. Your hair is orange." Shin Hye muttered. "And why did they cut it that way?" She asked while staring at Kyuhyun's hair.

"I wanted to cut my hair short to have that manly feel." Kyuhyun proudly said.

"Oh. So, it was your idea to have it cut that way?" Shin Hye asked to which Kyuhyun nodded. "That's, uhm, nice. Is the color orange your idea too?"

Kyuhyun nodded again. "Why is your reaction like that? Does it look bad?" He said with panic.

Shin Hye chuckled nervously before answering. "No. It's not." She grinned.

"You hesitated." Kyuhyun said. He is obviously getting sad.

"Oh! I almost forgot! I have a surprise for you too!" Shin Hye happily said as she took out a paperbag from underneath the table and placed it in front of Kyuhyun. "Here. Open it!"

"What's this?" Kyuhyun gloomly asked while he was opening the box. He immediately lit up when he saw what was inside. "Wow! Are these couple shoes? Yours and mine?" He excitedly asked.

"Yeah. I bought that earlier." Shin Hye proudly said. "Do you like it?" She asked.

Kyuhyun nodded excitedly. "I love it! It's like our first couple item! Can we wear it tonight? Please? Please? Please?" Kyuhyun pleaded in a very cute way.

Shin Hye hesitated but gave in eventually. "Uhm, I guess. People won't notice if we're wearing the same shoes right?"

"Nope. They won't!" Kyuhyn said while wearing the shoes. "Wear yours now so we can go ahead!"

"Okay." Shin Hye smiled at him.

Kyuhyun knelt down in front of Shin Hye and placed the shoes on her feet like how Prince Charming did with Cinderella. "Perfect fit!" Kyuhyun said while still kneeling. He lifted his palms up, aiming for a high five.

Shin Hye clapped her hand with Kyuhyun. "Shall we go now?" She asked.

"No, wait." Kyuhyun pulled Shin Hye up and hugged her. "Komawo for this. You really love me, do you?" Kyuhyun said in his very sweet voice.

"Of course I do." Shin Hye replied.

Kyuhyun gently broke the hug and lowered his head to match Shin Hye's. "Then tell me the truth, does my haircut look terrible?" He gloomly asked.

Shin Hye pinched his nose while laughing. "Let's go! We don't want to be late on Teukie oppa's big night."


Inside the car, Kyuhyun became his chatty self again. But as the bar that Leeteuk reserved for his party got nearer and nearer, the more quieter he became.

"Why are you suddenly quiet?" Shin Hye, who was driving, asked Kyuhyun while looking at him briefly.

"Let's go back. Let's just watch a movie in your house. I bet your eomma cooked something delicious for dinner." Kyuhyun jittery said. "By the way, have I told you that you look really pretty while driving?"

"What?" Shin Hye confusely asked. "Hey, we're almost there. It would be embarassing to Teukie oppa if I don't go."

"C'mon. Let's go. There's still time to turn around." Kyuhyun said. "Please?' He pleaded.

"Seriously, what is wrong with you?" Shin Hye seriously asked him.

"Because, if my girlfriend thinks that my new haircut looks terrible, then what would other people think?" Kyuhyun cried out.

"When did I ever say that your new haircut looks terrible?" Shin Hye asked.

"You didn't. But your face says it." Kyuhyun whimpered. "Ottoke?"

"You're being ridiculous, Kyu. Your hair looks," Shin Hye paused to think of the perfect word to desccribe Kyuhyun's hair. "..adorable. Your hair looks adorable."

"Let's put it this way, if ever your hair won't suit you, then I'll tell you because I love youe and 'm always going to be honest with you." Kyuhyun said while looking at her. "Fortunately for you, every hairstyle that you had suits you perfectly. Even your haircut that you had when you were playing as Go Minam, you pulled it off perfectly." He cried.

Shin Hye giggled. "You only say that because you love me."

"Then could it be possible that you saying that my hairstyle doesn't look terrible is only because you love me?" Kyuhyun cried. "Ottoke!"

"Ah chincha!" Shin Hye stopped and parked the car. They have already arrived at the place. "Fine. Your haircut looks weird. But only probably because it's not styled. Do you want me to style your hair?" She asked him.

"Yes, please." Kyuhyun shyly said.

Shin Hye combed out Kyuhyun's hair and put wax on it. After a few minutes, she handed Kyuhyun a mirror. "Here, what do you think?"

Kyuhyun looked at himself in the mirror with a smile. "Wow. I actually look good."

Shin Hye giggled. "Of course you do."

"There really isn't anything that you can do." Kyuhyun said while looking at Shin Hye. "You're good. Can I kiss you?"

"No." Shin Hye hit his arm. "You should go in first."

"We can't go in together?" Kyuhyun asked while still admiring his hair in the mirror.

"Of course we can't. Go! Before someone sees us here." Shin Hye said as she pushed Kyuhyun out of the car door.

"I'll see you inside." Kyuhyun winked at her. "And take care of my car."

Shin Hye stuck her tongue out and waved at him before driving away. She planned to park Kyuhyun's car far from the bar and wait after a few mintes before entering the bar. After 10 minutes, Shin Hye finally decided to go in the bar. She was surprised by loud music as soon as she entered.

"Wow. Noisy." She muttered to herself.

"Yah! Park Shin Hye!" Shin Hye turned to look at who called her. She saw her friend, Go Ara, walking towards her. "Hey! What are you doing here?" She asked Shin Hye.

"Yah, Go Ara. Don't get too drunk again, please?" Shin Hye greeted her friend. "And Teukie oppa invited me." Go Ara was leading her to the bar to get drinks.

"Oh. Daebak! So, which of his dongsaengs are you dating?" Ara .

Shin Hye stopped walking and glared at her friend. "Yah! What are you talking about?" Shin Hye shouted at her.

Go ara laughed at her. "I was just teasing you. No need to shout at me." Ara winked at her. "But seeing that you were so defensive about it.."

Shin Hye vigorously shook her head. "What are you drinking?" She asked, determined to change the subject.

"Aish. This girl." Ara shook her head at her. "Beer of course. Let's get drunk and dance until the morning!"

"I can't. I guess I'll just drink Iced Tea." Shin Hye faced and grinned at her friend.

"Whatever." Ara stuck her tongue out to her. She stiffened and stood up straight and poked Shin Hye's arm.

"What?" Shin Hye asked as her drink arrived.

"Hi, girls!" Shin Hye turned around to see her boyfriend smirking at her. "Oh, annyeong hasseyo, Shin Hye-ssi." Kyuhyun smiled at her.

"Annyeong Hasseyo." Shin Hye bowed at him and glared at him.

"Oh you know each other?" Ara looked at Shin Hye and to Kyuhyun. "Oh right! I introduced you two together at a party before! Keunde, Kyuhyun oppa, do you like my friend?"

Kyuhyun chuckled. "I can name a few guys in this room who does." He said.

"But do you? Like her, I mean?" Ara pushed the question.

"Yah." Shin Hye warned her. Ara only shrugged her s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter