Chapter 23: Valentine's and Birthdays

Hallyu Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's the eve of Valentine's Day and luckily for Kyuhyun, his schedule got cancelled last minute. Since it's almost Valentine's Day, he decided to call Shin Hye and see if she has anything lined up for the day. After five rings, Shin Hye finally picked up.

"Yoboseyo?" Came Shin Hye's cute voice.

"Hi!" Kyuhyun cheerfully answered. "So, my schedule just got cancelled. Do you have work right now?"

"Right now?" Shin Hye paused. "Hmm, no. I don't have."

Kyuhyun noticed that Shin Hye sounded busy. "That's great! Wanna go out tonight?" Kyuhyun hopefully asked. "Let's eat samgyupsal! My treat! Since I wasn't here on my birthday."

"Oh, I can't! Mianhae, Kyuhyun oppa." Shin Hye apologized.

"Wae?" Kyuhyun sadly asked. "You said you don't have work right now." Kyuhyun pouted.

"Well, I'm going out with a friend tonight. Mianhae Kyuhyun oppa!" Shin Hye apologized again.

"Mwo?" Kyuhyun exclaimed. "You'd rather spend the first few hours of Valentine's Day with your friend than with your boyfriend?"

"Yah!" Shin Hye said on the other line. "Wait, it's Valentine's Day already?"

"It is in a few hours, you brat!" Kyuhyun said.

"I'm so sorry." Shin Hye said. "She's one of my bestfriends and we were both busy and this is the only time that we're both not busy."

"Well, fine." Kyuhyun muttered. "It's okay."

"Please don't be mad, Kyuhyun oppa." Shin Hye said. "Kyuhyun oppa saranghae!" She cutely added.

Kyuhyun smiled. "You sure know how to make me smile."

"Of course I do." Shin Hye proudly said.

Kyuhyun could hear clattering of plates on the other end. "Uhm, is everything okay there?" Kyuhyun asked. "It's kinda noisy in there."

"Yep. Everything's fine." Shin Hye chirped. "Kyuhyun oppa, I have to hung up." Shin Hye said.

"Oh, okay." Kyuhyun said. "Love you. Bye."

"Love you too, oppa. Bye! See you tomorrow!" And Shin Hye hung up.

"She's so adorable." Kyuhyun muttered to himself while smiling and looking at the phone.

"Oh no." Sungmin entered the room. "You're talking to yourself again."

"What are you still doing here, hyung?" Kyuhyun asked his hyung. "Aren't you going to be late for Sukira?"

"It's Ryeowook. He can't find the perfect cap to wear." Sungmin shook his head slowly. "Oh by the way, wanna be one of our guests? Unless, you have a date tonight?" Sungmin asked.

"Who's going to have a date tonight?" Leeteuk suddenly popped his head in the door. "You, Kyuhyun?"

"Of course not, hyung!" Kyuhyun nervously laughed. "Why would I have a date? You're funny, hyung!" Kyuhyun nervously laughed again.

"He's right, Teukie hyung." Sungmin chimed in, helping his dongsaeng. "Kyuhyun would be out on a date? That's funny."

Leeteuk is looking at them suspiciously. "Whatever. I just thought that if you guys have dates tonight then maybe you could bring your dates to our company's Valentine's party tonight." Leeteuk said.

"That thing's tonight?" Kyuhyun blankly asked.

"Yes it is, you babo." Leeteuk scolded him. "That's why our schedules all got cancelled."

"Why did ours not got cancelled?" Sungmin pouted.

"Because Sukira is a live radio show." Leeteuk told Sungmin then he turned to Kyuhyun. "Kyuhyun-ah, hurry up and change. We'll be leaving in a while." Leeteuk said then Kyuhyun closed the door when he left.

Sungmin was shaking his head slowly at Kyuhyun. "What?" Kyuhyun asked him.

"When are you going to tell the others?" Sungmin seriously asked.

"About what?" Kyuhyun innocently asked.

"Aish!" Sungmin hit his head. "About Shin Hye of course!" He added in a whisper.

"I don't know." Kyuhyun sighed. "Soon, I guess?"

"You poor kid." Sungmin said as he ruffled Kyuhyun's hair. "You have to tell them sooner or later, arasso?"

"Deh, hyung. Arasso." Kyuhyun said. Sungmin left him in their room, thinking about ways on how to break the news to his hyungs.

 

 

"We're here!" Shin Hye's friend Go Ara, exclaimed as they arrived at a posh-looking bar. "It's nice, isn't it?" Ara grinned at Shin Hye.

"It's so pretty in here!" Shin Hye said. Cut out hearts are plastered all over the room and in one corner, an old-school photobooth is installed.

"C'mon let's get something to drink." Ara said as she led Shin Hye to the bar. "So, what are you drinking?"

"Uhm," Shin Hye thought for a while. "Iced tea?"

Go Ara laughed. "Omo, Shin Hye-ah. I missed you and your jokes so much!" She said while pinching Shin Hye's cheeks.

"Huh?" Shin Hye innocently asked Ara. "What joke?"

Ara stopped laughing. "Seriously? You're in a very posh bar and you want to drink Iced tea?"

"I don't want to get drunk. I have work tomorrow." Shin Hye sweetly said.

"Aish." Ara muttered.

"Okay." Shin Hye said. "I'll probably have beer. Just one bottle."

"Yeah! That's my girl!" Ara exclaimed. "But wait, Beer's too mild! Let's do Tequila shots!" "

No! Beer's fine!" Shin Hye laughed at her friend."I told you I have work tomorrow."

"Fine!" Ara exclaimed. "I guess I'll have Beer, too." She said as she placed their orders. Ara was looking at Shin Hye intently. "What's up with you?" She asked Shin Hye.

"You know, work all the time." Shin Hye answered as their drinks arrived.

"Really? Work is giving you that glow?" Ara unconvincingly asked.

"Oh, Shin Hye noona?" Shin Hye turned around to face who just called her. "Annyeong Hasseyo."

"Oh? Minho-ssi! Annyeong Hasseyo." Shin Hye greeted Minho of Shinee.

"What brings you here, noona?" Minho asked her.

"Oh, I invited her." Ara chimed in. "She's my date tonight!"

Shin Hye laughed. "She's my bestfriend."

"That's nice to hear." Minho politely said. "Anyway, I have to get back to my members. I just had to come here to see if it's really you that I'm seeing from afar, Shin Hye noona." Minho smiled.

"Alright!" Shin Hye smiled at him.

"Have fun, noonas!" Minho smiled then he ran to where his other members are.

"What a nice kid." Shin Hye said.

"So where were we?" Ara asked. "Ah! You seem different. Like, really different."

"What do you mean?" Shin Hye asked after sipping her beer. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a group of girls dancing while laughing. "Hey, are those the SNSD girls? They come at this bar, too?" Shin Hye said to Ara who was drinking her beer.

"Oh, right!" Ara exclaimed. "Actually, there's a private party going on right now. And you're my date!" Ara giddily said.

"Oh yeah?" Shin Hye said. "What kind of party?"

"Our company's Valentine's party." Ara winked at her.

Shin Hye stopped smiling. "You're company? As in SM entertainment?"

"Uhm, yeah!" Ara said. "Well, the real reason that I invited you here is, I want to introduce you to someone." Ara grinned at her.

"What?" Shin Hye asked through gritted teeth.

"Don't be mad! You'll love him, promise!" Ara said as she raised her right hand. "He's very lively and he's the life of the party. He actually asked for you before that's why I decided to invite you and introduce you to him."

"He asked for me?" Shin Hye said sensing who might be the guy Ara was talking about.

"Oh just in time! He's here!" Ara giddily said to her. Shin Hye gulped down her beer. "Kyuhyun-ah! It's her!" Ara called out to him.

"Who?" Shin Hye choked on her beer as she heard the warm and familiar voice of her boyfriend.

"It's actress Park Shin Hye!" Ara excitedly told Kyuhyun. "You asked about her to me before right?" Ara gestured to a coughing Shin Hye.

"Is she okay?" Shin Hye heard Kyuhyun asked in an amused tone.

"Yah, Shin Hye-ah, gwaenchana?" Ara asked her.

"I'm okay." Shin Hye sputtered as she gave one last cough.

"Here, have some water." Kyuhyun said as he handed her a glass of water. She saw a glint in Kyuhyun's eyes.

"Uhm, komawoyo." Shin Hye awkwardly thanked him then she awkwardly drank the glass of water that he gave her.

"Okay!" Beside them, Ara suddenly clapped her hands. "Now let me introduce you to each other. Kyuhyun-ah, this is my very pretty bestfriend, Park Shin Hye."

"Annyeong Hasseyo." Kyuhyun said as he was trying to surpress a laugh.

"Shin Hye-ah," Ara spoke again. "This is Kyuhyun. He's my labelmate." Ara winked at her.

"Oh." Shin Hye muttered. "Annyeong Hasseyo." The two are having a stare-down contest while trying to surpress their laughters.

"Ehem." Ara cleared . "I'm sensing something here. Perhaps, do you guys know each other already?"

"No!" Shin Hye exclaimed.

"Yeah!" Kyuhyun also exclaimed at the same time Shin Hye said no. He turned to look Shin Hye in the eyes with a questioning look. "I mean, of course I know her. Who doesn't, right?" He added.

"Uh, yeah. I know him, too." Shin Hye softly said. "I see him on TV always."

"Alright." Ara said, sounding convinced of their answers. "Hey, why don't you guys shake each others hands?"

Kyuhyun held out his hands to Shin Hye. "Uhm, nice to meet you." He said, surpressing his laughter again.

Shin Hye took Kyuhyun's hand to shake it. She glared at Kyuhyun mildly. "Nice to meet you, too." Shin Hye is trying hard not to laugh as well.

"Kyuhyun-ah, Shin Hye here is single." Ara told Kyuhyun.

"Oh, is she?" Kyuhyun smiled at Shin Hye. They are still shaking their hands.

"Or so I think she is." Ara laughed. "You're single right?" Ara quietly asked Shin Hye.

Shin Hye awkwardly laughed. "Uh-uh." She murmured to Ara.

"Hi!" Shin Hye and Kyuhyun immediately let go of each other's hand as soon as they heard Leeteuk. "Oh,it's Shin Hye-ssi!"

"Annyeong Hasseyo." Shin Hye bowed and greeted Leeteuk.

Leeteuk looked at Kyuhyun then to Shin Hye. "She's your date?" Leeteuk asked Kyuhyun incredulously.

"Aniyo!" Kyuhyun and Shin Hye shouted at the same time.

"Okay!" Leeteuk laughed. "No need to shout at me." Leeteuk laughed again.

Shin Hye awkwardly laughed. "Deh, well, excuse us but Go Ara and I will just go to the Ladies' Room." 

"We are?" Ara asked as she ordered another bottle of beer for herself.

"Fine. I'll go by myself." Shin Hye muttered to Ara. "I'll go then." Shin Hye said to the two boys then she walked off.

"Talk to you later, Shin Hye-ah!" Leeteuk called out to her. He then turned to Kyuhyun. "This is going to be an interesting night!"

 

 

Shin Hye was sitting alone on a booth in the corner of the bar. Her friend who invited her is off on the dance floor, dancing with the Shinee guys. She could tell that Go Ara is already drunk. She laughed as Ara drunk waved at her from the dance floor. She waved back as she sipped her Iced Tea. She looked around, trying to find a bob of brown hair amongst the crowd but she didn't see any.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter