Chapter 21: Eommas and I Love You's

Hallyu Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oblivious to the ringing of her phone, Shin Hye stirred from under the covers of her bed. After just a minute of ringing, her phone rang again. Getting annoyed, she checked who the caller is.

"Ugh. What now?" Shin Hye grunted as she saw that Kyuhyun has left her a few messages and called her for seven times already. "I'll call you later okay?" Shin Hye sleepily said to no one in particular.

It is now only 8 in the morning and Shin Hye has only been asleep for 2 hours. She practiced all night for the dance routine that she will perform for the opening act of the Melon Music Awards that she would also be MC-ing. And as she could recall, Kyuhyun told her that his musical practice would run until the wee hours of the night so he could still be possibly asleep during this hour. Why he's leaving her messages and calling her nonstop is beyond her. Resigned, Shin Hye decided to answer her cellphone, which is ringing for the 8th time now.

"Yoboseyo?" Shin Hye answered, her voice sounded hoarse.

"Hi. Are you still sleeping?" Kyuhyun asked in his whispering voice.

"I'm awake now. Kind of awake. Shouldn't you still be sleeping as well?" Shin Hye asked.

"Yeah I definitely still should be sleeping!" Kyuhyun replied, still whispering.

"Then why would you call me at this hour?" Shin Hye cried.

"I'm so sorry!" Kyuhyun pleaded but is still whispering. "If someone would have told me that this is going to happen then I never should have agreed." 

"Why? What happened?" Shin Hye sat up on her bed.

"Well, uhm, we kind of have a problem." Kyuhyun replied.

"What do you mean?" Shin Hye asked.

Her bedroom door suddenly creaked opened. Shin Hye turned to look at the door and gasped when a head suddenly popped in.

"Hi! Good morning!" Kyuhyun greeted Shin Hye, his phone still on his ears.

 

 

"Don't you have any schedule today?" Shin Hye asked Kyuhyun as they were descending the stairs. After a quick shower and putting on a nice dress and a very light makeup, Shin Hye and Kyuhyun decided to face the problem that is awaiting them at Shin Hye's kitchen.

"I'll have musical practice again later. Then tomorrow night will be my first show!" Kyuhyun excitedly said.

"Chukhahae!" Shin Hye clapped. "I'm sorry I won't be able to watch." She pouted.

"It's okay. Are you going to be okay tomorrow night? You're limping." Kyuhyun shook his head slowly.

"Oh this." Shin Hye motioned to her ankle. "This is nothing. I love dancing. I'm actually worried about something else." Shin Hye looked at Kyuhyun knowingly.

"Oh! Him?" Kyuhyun laughed.

"Don't laugh!" Shin Hye pouted while hitting Kyuhyun's arm lightly. They finally reached the bottom of the stairs. "Based on your stories, he seems like a scary and strict person. He might lecture me when I make a mistake." Shin Hye pouted again.

Kyuhyun finally stopped laughing. "Don't worry. The way he treats girls is way different on how he treats guys." Kyuhyuh winked at Shin Hye. "Also, you're his sunbae. If someone is supposed to be doing the lecturing, it should be you."

"But, he's like, really good in that field!" Wide eyed Shin Hye exclaimed.

Kyuhyun laughed again then pinched her cheeks. "Stop worrying! You're going to be awesome while on stage dancing and talking, as always." Kyuhyun winked again. "The only unfortunate thing about tomorrow night is I won't be able to see your dance live." Kyuhyun pouted.

Shin Hye giggled. "Anyway, what are we going to do today? Is it going to be bad? You know, when they get together?" Shin Hye asked.

"It's not that bad. Just that," Kyuhyun paused to think of what he's going to say next. "When they're together, they totally forgot that there are still other people in the room. The things that they talk about are unbelievable." Kyuhyun grinned.

Shin Hye smiled at Kyuhyun. "But it's awesome that they're already friends." Shin Hye pinched Kyuhyun's cheeks.

"Yeah, I know. You'll see later why I'm so worried. I'm just worried for your pre and innocent mind." Kyuhuyun pouted. "Anyway, I'm really sorry about all of this. I didn't know that they're going to bring me here."

"Them? You mean the two of them?" Shin Hye scoffed. "No wonder she was up so early."

"Yeah. I'm so sorry that our sleeps were cut too short." Kyuhyun apologetically smiled.

"It's not your fault." Shin Hye poked Kyuhyun's cheek. "Anyway, do I look okay? Do I look presentable? Do I look likeable? Does it show that I didn't had enough sleep?" Shin Hye asked.

"Hmm. Let me see." Kyuhyun examined her. "Can you turn around?" Shin Hye did as she was told. "But you look just like how you look any other time of the day." Kyuhyun grinned.

"How?" Shin Hye innocently asked.

"You look perfect." Kyuhyun gave her his best boyband smile.

Shin Hye giggled then lightly hit his arm. "Mwoya!" She said in her cutest voice.

Kyuhyun smiled. "Before we go to your kitchen, don't I get to have a good morning kiss?" Kyuhyun closed his eyes and pouted his lips.

"Hmm." Shin Hye looked at the direction of where their kitchen is located. "Hmmm. Okay. Maybe I could give you, but only on the cheeks." Shin Hye tiptoed then kissed Kyuhyun very lightly on his cheek.

"Omo!" Came a high-pitched voice.

Shin Hye and Kyuhyun froze. Slowly, they moved their heads to see who could have seen them. Shin Hye smiled at the sight of a small ahjumma beaming at them.

"Omo! How cute!" The ahjumma said again.

"Annyeong Hasseyo." Shin Hye bowed and greeted the ahjumma.

"Oh how polite!" The ahjumma exclaimed. 

"Eomma." Kyuhyun spoke. "Did you, uhm, saw something?" He awkwardly asked. Kyuhyun's eomma smiled brightly at the two of them. 

"I'm so sorry." Shin Hye apologized to Kyuhyun's mom. Her cheeks turned red.

"Aniya. I'm the one who should apologize." Kyuhyun's mom laughed. "Did I interrupt something? Should I leave and let you continue whatever it is you're doing?" She asked in a teasing way.

"No!" Kyuhyun and Shin Hye shouted at the same time.

"Eomma!" Kyuhyun reprimanded his mom. "By the way, Eomma, I want you to meet my pretty and adorable yeoja chingu, Park Shin Hye!" Kyuhyun clapped.

"Omo!" Kyuhyun's mom clapped as well.

"Annyeong Hasseyo! Park Shin Hye-imnida." Shin Hye bowed again. "Uhm, it's nice to finally meet you." She smiled her sweetest smile.

"It's so nice to meet you, too! I'm so happy that it's you!" Kyuhyun's mom happily exclaimed. "Can I hug you?" She excitedly asked Shin Hye.

"Eyy eomma." Kyuhyun reprimanded her again but Shin Hye just elbowed him. "Owww."

"Deh. Of course you can." Shin Hye happily replied. Kyuhyun's mom inched her way to Shin Hye and as she was about to embrace Shin Hye, she stopped and stared at her face.

"Your face is no joke. You really have a very nice skin. Unlike uri Kyuhyun here--"

"Eomma!" Kyuhyun stopped his mom. "Just embrace her okay! It hasn't even been 10 minutes since you met her and yet you're already saying things about me." Kyuhyun pouted.

"Thank you for being my son's girlfriend." Kyuhyun's eomma said as she hugged Shin Hye. Shin Hye only replied with an awkward laugh. Kyuhyun's mom then turned to him and pinched him on the cheeks. "Good job for finding such a nice and pretty girl, my son."

"Eomma don't do that." Kyuhyun pouted again. "I'm a big boy already." 

"But you love it whenever I do this." Kyuhyun's mom continued to pinch his cheeks.

"Yes but not in front of my girlfriend, eomma." Kyuhyun said in a hushed tone.

Shin Hye laughed and smiled at the sight in front of her. Never did it cross her mind that her boyfriend is such a big baby in front of his mother. "Ya! You should be thankful that your eomma still does that. You're lucky that at the age of 23 years old, she still finds you adorable. You and my oppa are the same." Shin Hye told him.

Kyuhyun's mom clapped her hands together. "Kure? What a smart and pretty girl you are!" Kyuhyun scoffed. "Ah wae? Omo are the two of you hungry? We haven't started cooking yet! I should get back to the kitchen. You two can watch us cook if you like?" Kyuhyun's mom asked them.

"Deh. I wan't to watch you cook, Mrs. Cho." Shin Hye beamed.

"From now on call me eomoni. Arasseo? Come on to the kitchen!" Kyuhyun's mom excitedly singsonged as she made her way to the kitchen leaving Kyuhyun and Shin Hye standing there in a daze.

"Wow." Shin Hye exclaimed. She clapped her hands together. "She's so cute! And she's so small. She's so lively. And you look just like her!" Shin Hye said as she turned to face Kyuhyun.

"Do we really look alike? Really look alike?" Kyuhyun asked. Shin Hye nodded enthusiastically. "But I'm cuter than my mom, right?"

Shin Hye looked at his face sternly. "No. Let's go to the Kitchen."

"Aiisshhh. What a brat." Kyuhyun muttered to which he earned a glare from Shin Hye. "By the way, in front of my mom, could you address me as your 'Kyuhyun oppa'?"

Shin Hye continued to glare at him. "Since you've been asking for so long and your mom likes it that I'm so polite, fine!" Shin Hye resigned. "From now on your my Kyuhyun oppa!" She sweetly added.

"Yes!" Kyuhyun happily exclaimed. "That's my girl Let's go to the kitchen now?" 

"Okay Kyuhyun oppa." Shin Hye said in her sweetest voice that could melt even the hardest diamond. Grinning, Kyuhyun took her hand as they walked towards the kitchen.

 

 

Kyuhyun and Shin Hye sat side

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter