Chapter 36: Friends? Not.

Hallyu Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun sat in the middle of their dorm's living room surrounded by Ryeowook, Donghae and Eunhyuk. All of them was staring at him but Kyuhyun's eyes were transfixed on something in front of him. On the table, beside his phone, was Shin Hye's ipad. He was at his parents' house yesterday, making up for missing their family dinner the other night. He decided to spent the night there. When he entered the room and prepared to go to sleep, he was surprised by what he saw. Sitting on his computer desk was the ipad. Kyuhyun freaked out about it for a few minutes. Running to his parents' bedroom in the middle of the night to ask his eomma why the ipad is there or if Shin Hye came to their house and left it there recently. And when his eomma told him that Shin Hye never came by their house after the break up, he went back to his room feeling dejected. After coming back to their dorm just this morning, Kyuhyun immediately charged it but did not turned it on.

"Yah turn it on!" Ryeowook told him.

"Yes! Let's see what's in it!" Donghae exclaimed. He was bouncing on his seat.

Kyuhyun glared at them while shaking his head. "You won't find anything in there. This is her ipad but it was basically mine because I was the one who was always using it." He told his two hyungs.

Beside him, someone was poking his shoulder. He turned his head and saw Eunhyuk wriggling his eyebrows at him. "So, do you miss her?" Eunhyuk asked in a teasing tone. 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at him. "Please." He scoffed.

Eunhyuk clucked his tongue and shook his head at Kyuhyun. "Alright. I'll take that as a yes."

"Yah!" Kyuhyun exclaimed.

"It's not wrong to miss her, Kyuhyun-ah." Donghae said.

Kyuhyun sighed. He didn't want to admit it to his hyungs, but their right. "Well, I'm not allowed to miss her. You guys know what I did to her and you guys told me that it was a very horrible thing to do. So no, I don't miss her."

Ryeowook sadly sighed and looked at him in an I-feel-bad-for-you way. "You're kind of pathetic, Kyuhyun-ah. Really."

"Anyway, what are you gonna do about this?" Donghae said, motioning to the ipad.

Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know." He sighed. "Can one of you give it back to her for me? Please?" He pleaded to his hyungs and made the cutest puppy face that he could possibly do.

"Nope." Ryeowook blankly said.

"Can't do that." Donhae said, avoiding Kyuhyun's gaze.

"You do it. And apologize to her." Eunhyuk said while tapping his shoulder.

"But.. But.. I can't.. Because.." Kyuhyun stammered. He haven't told his hyungs about what happened the other night. The night where Shin Hye got drunk and they kissed. Kyuhyun can't bear to see her again. He was worried that if he sees her, he might not be able to help it. He might just grab her by the waist and kiss her again. Kyuhyun shook his head. "I can't."

"But why not?" Ryeowook asked in a very innocent manner.

And as if on cue, Kyuhyun's phone suddenly let out a shrilling ring. They all looked at the screen and they all froze and stopped talking. They all looked at each other, their eyes wide. Kyuhyun looked back again at his ringing phone. He blinked his eyes. He couldn't believe what was happening. He rubbed his eyes, making sure that he was seeing it right.

"Heol. Daebak!" Ryeowook exclaimed, his eyes wide.

"We were just talking about her!" Donghae said while clapping his hands.

"This is fate!" Eunhyuk said while looking at Kyuhyun's phone.

Kyuhyun only stared at his phone, not sure if he should answer it or not. It continued to ring but he wasn't doing anything.

"ANSWER IT!" His hyungs shouted at him.

Kyuhyun looked at them. "No. It's just probably.. Maybe she just dialed a wrong number. Because.. She wouldn't call me. She would never call me." He said. And just like that, his phone stopped ringing. Kyuhyun felt something inside him died a little. He wasn't sure if his assumption was right. That Shin Hye just probably accidentally dialed his number. He's probably right. Maybe Shin hye would never talk to him again ever. He sighed. "See?" He told them in a sad voice.

"Stupid." Donghae muttered.

"What if she ended the call because it was taking you so long to answer?" Eunhyuk reasoned out.

Ryeowook clapped his hands. "Right! What if she needed to talk to you?"

"Really guys, stop. That's not going to happen." Kyuhyun said. "Please, would anyone of you give this ipad back to her?" He pleaded. And this time, he was serious.

"Fine. I'll do it." Ryeowook said.

"No, no! I'll do it!" Donghae exclaimed, his hand raised.

"Why don't I do it. You guys have schedules, right? I'll do it. Don't worry." Eunhyuk said while waving his hand at the two dismissively.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at the sight in front of him. He looked back at his phone. Of course he's right. Why would Shin Hye call him? If she's going to call him, it's maybe just to say how much she hates him for breaking her heart. Kyuhyun winced at the thought of that. He looked at his hyungs and they were still fighting as to who should give the ipad back to Shin Hye. He got up and decided to brood in his room. He stopped in his tracks when his phone started ringing again. Eunhyuk, Donghae and Ryeowook stopped bickering as well. They huddled around Kyuhyun's phone, not giving Kyuhyun a view of who might probably be calling him again. 

"Who is it?" He asked his hyungs.

Slowly, they made way for Kyuhyun. "If you think she still accidentally dialed your number, then you really are stupid." Donghae scowled at him.

"I guess she probably really wants to talk to you." Ryeowook singsonged.

"If you're not going to answer it, then I will." Eunhyuk said.

Kyuhyun knelt down in front of his phone to look who was calling him. She was calling. Shin Hye was calling him again. He looked at his hyungs and searched for their faces. "Ottoke?" He asked them.

"JUST ANSWER IT!" The three shouted at him.

Kyuhyun picked his phone up fromt he table. He let out a deep breath before answering. "Yoboseyo?"

"Yobosesyo? Kyuhyun?" Shin Hye's voice came. Kyuhyun almost forgot how adorable her voice sounded on the phone.

Eunhyuk, Ryeowook and Donghae pressed their heads beside Kyuhyun trying to hear what was being said in the other line. Kyuhyun cleared his throat before speaking. "Uhm, yeah. Hi." He said in an awkward and nervous manner.

"Uhm, hi." Shin Hye said. Her voice was quivering. Kyuhyun could tell that she was probably nervous. "I was just.. Uhm.. Can I ask you something?" She asked.

"Yeah. Sure. What is it?" Kyuhyun asked.

"I was just wondering, is my ipad with you? Because, I can't find it anywhere in my room. And not in the whole house." Shin Hye said. She laughed in an awkward manner.

Kyuhyun looked at the ipad on the table. He pinched the bridge of his nose. He didn't want to sound desperate. "Uhm, I'm not sure." He answered.

"Oh." Shin Hye sadly replied.

"But, yeah, I think it's with me! Just give me a minute. It might be here in my room. Hold on. Don't hang up!" He said. Now that just sounded a little desperate. He put his phone down and covered the speaker.

"What did she say?" Ryeowook whispered.

"She was asking me about her ipad." Kyuhyun whispered back.

"I knew it! This is indeed fate!" Eunhyuk whispered excitedly.

"You guys are so getting back together!" Donghae happily whispered.

"Shut up you guys!" Kyuhyun whispered to the three while giving them a glare each. He let out a deep breath again before placing his phone back to his ears. "Yoboseyo? Shin Hye? Are you still there?" He asked.

"Yeah. Still here." Shin Hye answered in her adorable voice.

"Oh. Okay. Sorry that took so long. Uhm. Did it took long?" Kyuhyun asked. He wanted to slap himself for sounding so nervous.

"No. It didn't." Shin Hye replied.

"Okay. Great. So, yeah. It's here. You're ipad. Is here. In my room." Kyuhyun said. He looked at Eunhyuk and saw him mouthing the words that looked like 'You sound like an idiot' to him. Kyuhyun ignored him. He'll deal with him after this phone call ends.

"Oh! Great!" Shin Hye exclaimed in a cheerful voice. She even giggled.

"Yeah. Great." Kyuhyun said. Not sure if he should be happy or what. A few seconds has passed without the two of them talking.

"Uhm, yoboseyo? Are you still there?" Shin Hye asked.

"Yup. Still here."

"Do you have time today?" Shin Hye asked in a small voice.

"Yeah. I have. I don't have any schedules right now." Kyuhyun answered.

"Oh." Shin Hye only said. "Then, would it be okay if you drop by my house with the ipad right now?" She asked in an uncertain voice. "That is, if it's okay. If you don't mind."

Kyuhyun didn't answer. He looked at his hyungs who were looking at him questioningly. He sighed. "Yes. I don't mind. Sure. I will."

"Thank you!" Shin Hye exclaimed on the other end of the line. "See you!"

"Alright. See you." Kyuhyun said. Shin Hye ended the call. He placed his phone back on the table. He could not believe what just happened. 

The three boys huddled around him. "What happened?" Ryeowook asked while shaking Kyuhyun's shoulders.

Kyuhyun looked at them. "I'm going to her house."

"Why?" Donghae excitedly asked.

"To give her ipad back." Kyuhyun said in a dazed voice.

"When?" Eunhyuk asked.

Kyuhyun looked at his watch. It was already 4 in the afternoon. "Right now. She said, now." 

Ryeowook, Donghae and Eunhyuk stood up and hugged each other while jumping up and down happily.

Kyuhyun stood up as well. "Excuse me. I'm going to change." He said as he ran all the way to his room. He closed the door to block out the sound of his hyungs cheering for him.

He opened his closet and grabbed a couple of clothes and placed it on his bed. He picked out one and stood in front of the mirror. He shook his head and went back to his bed. He grabbed another one and went back to the mirror. He continued doing that for thirty minutes. He finally decided to just wear a white shirt and denim pants with a black leather jacket. He combed his hair and spritzed himself with perfume. He stood in frot of the mirror and looked at himself. He looked nice. Really nice. He smiled. But that smiled faded when a thought occured to him. Why was he doing this? Just because Shin Hye called him first doesn't mean that she wanted to be friends with him again, right? He sighed and headed out of his room. The three were noisily playing video games in the living room.

"Wow!" Eunhyuk clapped his hands as soon as he saw Kyuhyun. "Uri Kyuhyunnie looks so handsome!" 

"And he smells nice." Ryeowook said while nodding his head at him.

Kyuhyun walked towards the table to get the ipad. He placed it inside his bagpack. "I'm going." He told them.

"Kyuhyun-ah, fighting!" Donghae happily cheered him on.

He smiled at them before heading out of their dorm.

 

~0~

 

Kyuhyun stood outside Shin Hye's house. He wasn't moving. He was just standing. He was there for 15 minutes already. He could feel his palms sweating. He wiped his hands on his pants. He looked back at his car, thinking he should just go back to the dorm and make up some excuse. He took a step towards his car but debated against it. Shin Hye probably hate him so much. He can't let her hatred on him grew even more by not showing up today. He placed his hand on the doorbell but didn't ring it.

"Ugh, what's wrong with me?" Kyuhyun asked himself. He stomped his foot on the concrete. "It's just a doorbell. Why can't I press it? What's wrong with me?" He whimpered.

He closed his eyes while covering his face with his hands. His heart was beating rapidly. This would actually be the first time that they'll meet face to face. Not counting what happened the other night since Shin Hye was so drunk that time and possibly, would not be able to remember anything. He opened his eyes again. He looked at his watch. He wasted another five minutes hanging out side Shin Hye's house. He breathed deeply to calm his rapidly breathing heart.

"Okay. I'm pressing it. I'm pressing the doorbell. Don't be a coward, Kyuhyun-ah. You can do it." He gave himself a pep-talk.

He placed a finger on the doorbell. He closed his eyes and pressed it. He opened it and after a few seconds, he rang the doorbell again. He waited. After a minute or two, he heard footsteps approaching and the gate being opened. He wasn't expecting it, but Shin Hye's head popped out of the gate.

"Oh. Hi. There you are." Shin Hye said as she fully opened the gate.

"Hi. Sorry if--" Kyuhyun stopped talking as he looked at Shin Hye. He felt heat creeping up on his cheeks. She was wearing a floral dress that went a few inches above her knees. She was wearing a baby blue colored sneakers. Her hair was down and it was curled. She barely had any makeup on but she still looked really beautiful. She was smiling at him very brightly. She was glowing. Like literally glowing. Like there was a spotlight on her. She looked really happy. It made Kyuhyun think that maybe him coming here made her really happy. He was veered out of his thoughts when a hand waved in front of him.

It was Shin Hye's hand. "Are you okay?" She asked him. Here doe eyes were looking at him inquisitively.

Kyuhyun slightly shook his head. "Yeah. Of course. I'm fine. Sorry.. About that.." His voice trailed off. He placed a hand on the back of his neck and lowered his head slightly hoping that Shin Hye won't see him blushing.

Shin Hye nodded her head. She stepped aside to let Kyuhyun in. "Why don't you come in first?" She asked.

"Uhm. Okay. Sure." Kyuhyun awkwardly stepped in. He waited for Shin Hye to close the gate. They walked quietly towards the front door. He stopped when they got to the door and waited for Shin Hye to open it. Shin Hye stepped in first, followed by Kyuhyun.

He sighed longingly as soon as he entered the house. He missed this place. This place was basically his second home for three years. Everything about it was so familiar to him. The floor, the couch, the glass door, just, everything. He felt something hugging his legs. He looked down and saw Bongji and Nori reaching out to him while yapping happily.

"Hi, you guys!" Kyuhyun bent down to pet the dogs. "Aww. Aren't you two just adorable?" He cooed to them.

Shin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter