Chapter 39: A Little Bump

Hallyu Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Woah, woah, woah. Slow down, dude!" Changmin stated as he picked up a cookie from the table and ate it.

"What do you mean by slowing down?" Kyuhyun asked.

Changmin finished chewing the cookie first before speaking. "I mean, the girl just started talking to you. You might freak.her out if you come knocking on her door dressed like that." He said as he picked up another cookie.

Kyuhyun arched an eyebrow at his friend. "Wae? What's wrong with this? Shin Hye thinks I look really good when I'm wearing a suit."

"Yeah but probably not like that. Look at you! You look like you're on your way to a wedding. Your own wedding!" Changmin exclaimed while motioning at Kuhyun's get up. "And what is this? Are you planning to suffocate her with the use of flowers?" He said while poking a boquet of what seems like five dozens of different colored Peonies that Kyuhyun bought.

"You think it's too much? Should I have only bought three dozens of it? Should I take it back?" Kyuhyun said. He seemed to be genuinely thinking about it.

"No that's not--" Changmin sighed at his friends patheticness. "Why don't you take a seat first." He said, motioning to a chair in front of him.

Kyuhyun sat down obediently and smiled at his friend. "Arasso. What's up?"

"You're a poor little soul." Changmin sighed sadly.

Kyuhyun furrowed his brows in confusion. "Huh?"

"Why are you doing this?" Changmin asked in a very serious tone.

"I told you already. To win Shin Hye back." Kyuhyun stubbornly answered.

"Why?"

"Because I love her."

"And?" Changmin asked knowingly.

Kyuhyun sighed with the unfairness of it all. His friend really knew him so well. "I don't know. Just.. When she called me, she seemed giddy with the fact that she had made ammends with that ex boyfriend of hers. And I just.. I just can't fathom that. I was so used to the idea that she was mine. She was my girlfriend. And now, seems like someone else might sweep her off her feet." He said in a sad tone.

Changmin seemed to think about what Kyuhyun just said before speaking out his thoughts. "Okay. I think it's okay that you want her back. What's not okay is the reason why you want her back."

Kyuhyun cocked his head to the side, not getting what Changmin said. "What's wrong with that?"

"You see, for two ex lovers to get back together, they need to first talk about what went wrong with their relationship." Changmin said in a wistful tone.

Kyuhyun nodded his head, realization dawning on him. "So, I need to tell her why I broke up with her."

"Yes. No, actually, you should've told her that a long time ago. You owe her that. But since you're kind of an idiot.." Changmin let the sentence die.

"So, I shouldn't do this?" Kyuhyun asked.

"You can. But it's not as easy as this." Changmin said while motioning to the flowers. "You should do it slowly but surely."

"This is all my fault. If I fought for her, then I probably wouldn't be suffering like this." Kyuhyun whimpered as he rested his forehead on the table.

"Aww, Kyuhyunnie." Changmin said while tapping the back of Kyuhyun's head. "Don't worry. I'm sure everything would look up for you."

"Changmin-ah, what should I do?" Kyuhyun asked desperately.

Changmin chuckled. "Luckily for you, I'm here to help. I'm an expert on relationships after all." He winked at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun snorted. "No, you're not. It's been way too long since you last had a girlfriend."

Changmin narrowed his eyes at Kyuhyun. "Do you want me to help you or not?"

"I was just kidding! I know you're an expert!" Kyuhyun exclaimed.

"Arasso, arasso." Changmin sneered. "Now, here's what you need to do."

 

 

~0~

 

 

Shin Hye was trying to busy herself by studying her script. She had been reading a line for three times already but she can't grasp what it meant. Her mind was wandering off to different things. To be specific, her mind was wandering off to that time that she called Kyuhyun.

"Why did I even do that?" Shin Hye exclaimed. She looked at Bongji, her dog, for answers.

"And why did I even talk to him?" She exclaimed again. She picked Bongji up from the floor and cradled her.

"Bongji-ah. You're so lucky you're a dog and can't feel the things that I'm feeling right now." She pouted. In return, Bongji answered her through an adorable sneeze.

She placed Bongji back on the floor. She laid down on the couch hugging her script. She remembered Kyuhyun's tone when she told him about having coffee with Kang Haneul. She had heard him used that tone for so many times before. And that meant that he was jealous. But why would he be? He shouldn't be. Not because Shin Hye doesn't have any remaining feelings for Haneul but simply because she and Kyuhyun are not together anymore. He doesn't have the right to be jealous. And she was sure that Kyuhyun was over her already based on what Changmin told her that day at the coffee shop. But Shin Hye was also sure that Kyuhyun sounded jealous on the phone the other day.

"Ah molla!" Shin Hye exclaimed as she abruptly sat up on the couch. "I don't care anymore. Plus, I promised myself that I won't interact with him anymore." She declared.

Just then, her doorbell rang. She lazily got up from the couch and walked towards the door. She knew she looked like a mess but she didn't care. She opened the door and smiled widely when she saw who her.guest was.

"Oppa!"

"You look like a mess."

Shin Hye reached over and hugged her Shin Won oppa very tightly. "Oppa! What are you doing here?"

Shin Won showed her a basket of tupperwares that she didn't notice he was holding. "I was assigned to bring you these."

"Wow! Are these all from eomma?" Shin Hye asked.

"Yup. And they're heavy so can I please come in?" Shin Won asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Arasso!" Shin Hye happily moved aside from the door to let her oppa in, purposely ignoring his sarcastic tone.

Shin Won went straight to the kitchen and Shin Hye followed him as soon as she closed the door. She watched as her oppa took out the tupperwares from the basket. Shin Hye could feel watering just looking at them. These past few days, she was too busy studying and memorizing her script that she didn't had time to cook food for herself. She was living off from eating instant ramen and the chocopies that Cho Ahra gave her.

Shin Won smirked seeing the expression on his little sister's face. "So, is living in your own apartment still fun?" He teased.

"Yeah, it is fun. Except for the part where I starve." Shin Hye said, her eyes focused on the food. She grabbed a spoon and took one of the tupperwares aggresively.

Shin Won snatched the spoon and the tupperware away from her sister and smirked. "Nope. Not yet. Eomma told me to make sure that you clean your apartment first before I feed you."

"Aish." Shin Hye pouted. She looked around her kitchen. There were cups of instant ramen on the counter, wrappers of chocopie on the table and unwashed cups and glasses on the sink. "Fine." She said.

"Good girl." Shin Won told her as he sat down on a chair.

"But oppa, aren't you going to help me?" Shin Hye asked using her aegyo voice and flashing her cutest smile.

"Hmm, no." Shin Won replied. He took his phone out and started fiddling with it.

Shin Hye pouted. She turned around to face her enemy, the dirty dishes in the sink. Despite being an actress who is popular all over Asia, her eomma still never failed to treat her as a normal person. She was still required to do some household chores. But she was thankful for that. In that way, she would at least still feel normal.

Her mind wandered off again to Kyuhyun. He was a big help to her recent problem. Thanks to him, she won't be feeling any awkwardness once she starts acting along side Kang Haneul. She remembered how adorable Kyuhyun looked when they were talking. Shin Hye had just watched Super Junior-M's performance on the TV earlier and she can't help but feel proud. That guy who was singing and dancing was just talking to her and sitting awfully close beside her a few minutes before that performance was recorded. She recalled how cool and manly he looked that day. How his very familiar perfume was wafting through the air while they were speaking. And his hair. Shin Hye didn't want to assume but she had a feeling that he had his hair cut because of her. She mentioned to him how thick it was and that he needed a haircut. Two days after, he really did get a haircut. And she remembered how intently he was looking at her while she was talking. That time, she was too afraid to look into Kyuhyun's eyes. She was scared that she might get lost in it.

"YAH!"

Shin Hye jumped when her oppa shouted all of a sudden. "Wae?" She asked angrily. She felt like she was awakened in the middle of a very good dream.

"I was asking you something! I don't know if you can't hear me or you're just choosing to ignore me." Shin Won angrily retorted back.

Shin Hye sighed. "I'm sorry. What was it you were asking me?"

"I was asking when will you leave for the States for your drama filming? Eomma wants to know." Shin Won said. He was looking at his sister like he was wondering if she had gone insane or what.

"Oh. Sometime next week? I'm not sure. I'll call her." Shin Hye said, returning to her dishes.

This was bad. She can't concentrate on memorizing her lines because she always ends up thinking of Kyuhyun. She can't hear that people are talking to her because she was daydreaming about Kyuhyun. This seriously has to stop. She turned off the faucet, removed her rubber gloves and sat down on the table in front of her oppa.

"Yah. Oppa."

"Wae?" Shin Won asked, his eyes on his phone.

"If I tell you that I have moved on from Kyuhyun and have stopped thinking about him, would you believe me?" Shin Hye asked, carefully saying each word.

Shin Won placed his phone down on the table. He placed his chin on his hands and looked at Shin Hye. He stared straight into her sister's eyes, almost like he was examining her. "Hmm, no." He said finally.

"Wae? It's true, though! I really did stop thinking about him even for just a few days." Shin Hye said in a whiny voice.

Shin Won chuckled. "If you stopped thinking about him for a few days, then that means you started thinking about him again!" He declared while clapping his hands once. "Something must have happened. Come on. Spill!"

"Well.. Uhm.. Nothing.. It was just a.. You know.." Shin Hye stuttered. She bit her tongue before she spoke again. "I think we're friends now."

"Oh, wow. Well, do you want to be friends with him?" Shin Won asked in a serious voice.

Shin Hye sighed. "I don't know! I kind of do want because, I know he's a good friend. Even before we started dating, we were friends first so I know he's a good friend. But at the same time, I kind of don't want to. When we were sitting side by side while talking, my heart was making this leaping feeling and it felt like something was fluttering in my stomach. I know that feeling. I promised myself after we parted ways that I won't interact with him anymore so as not to encourage those feelings. But what did I do? A few hours after that, I was the one who called him first! Me!" She sighed again. If she knew that falling in love would be this hard, then she might not have done it. This whole love thing sure is a complicated feeling.

Shin Won laughed. At first, it was subtle. His shoulders were only shaking and he was covering his mouth. After a few moments, he was laughing heartily already. His forehead was resting on the table and his hand was slapping the table. Shin Hye can't blame his oppa for laughing. She really is in a pretty funny situation.

Shin Won calmed down after few moments. He faced Shin Hye fully and now, he was shaking his head. "Between the two of us, you're the one who should know this since you're the one who was in a serious relationship." He said, his voice still slightly traced with laughter.

Shin Hye tilted her head to the side. "Know what?"

Shin Won sat up straight and cleared his throat. "Shin Hye-ah, you and Kyuhyun had a very serious three-year relationship. You and him can't just be friends. Can't, okay?" He said all knowingly.

"Arasso." Shin Hye nodded her head. "But why not?" She added.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter