Chapter 28: Boyfriend's Bestfriend

Hallyu Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey! Where's Park Shin Hye? She promised to do soju shots with us." Ryeowook asked Kyuhyun who was intensely looking at Eunhyuk and Donghae. Ryeowook was carrying a tray with shot glasses on it as he sat down beside Kyuhyun. "Woah. You don't look like you're in the mood to do soju shots with us." Ryeowook said. He moved away from Kyuhyun and transferred to the seat next to Donghae.

Kyuhyun sighed angrily. "No one is going to do soju shots with my girlfriend. She's already drunk from drinking so much iced tea because apparently, someone poured two bottles of soju in it. We all know my girlfriend gets drunk very easily." Kyuhyun slammed the table with his fists which made Ryeowook, Eunhyuk and Donghae jump from their seats. Despite being their group's maknae, Kyuhyun's hyungs are extremely terrified of him whenever he is angry. "And the worst part is, my girlfriend is missing. She's nowhere to be found. I've looked around the whole bar for her but she's not here."

"Wh-why don't you just call her?" Ryeowook asked, his voice quivering with fear.

Kyuhyun sharply looked at Ryeowook which made him look away. "I can't because my phone is with her. I placed it inside her bagpack."

Eunhyuk chortled. "That's stupid. Why would you put your phone inside her bagpack?" He said while laughing.

Beside Eunhyuk, Donghae and Ryeowook are glaring at him. "Yah. Shut up." Donghae elbowed him discreetly.

"You and you." Kyuhyun said while pointing his fingers to Eunhyuk and to Donghae. "The two of you seem like you know where Shin Hye is. I am obviously not in the mood for your games right now so please, while I'm still asking nicely, have you seen my girlfriend?" Kyuhyun asked them in an almost pleading tone.

"Oh? You guys know where she is?" Ryeowook whispered to Donghae. "Tell now before this guy takes his bad temper out on the two of you!"

"I might take my temper out on you too since you're here, Ryeowook." Kyuhyun smirked at Ryeowook.

"Aigoo!" Ryeowook gasped. "Better tell him now! Jebal! Tell him." Ryeowook said while vigurously shaking Donghae's shoulders.

"Aish! Fine!" Donghae said as he pushed Ryeowook's arms away from him. "Well, you know, she already left."

"What do you mean?" Kyuhyun asked.

"We saw her at the parking lot a while ago. We're actually not sure if she already left or what but, that's the last time that we saw her." Eunhyuk explained. He was reaching for one of the shot glasses that Ryeowook brought when Kyuhyun slapped his hand away from the tray.

"No. My car! And she's drunk! She can't drive while drunk!" Kyuhyun exclaimed. He is so close to being hysterical already.

"Oh! Now I get it! Maybe she went to your car to sleep since she's drunk!" Ryeowook exclaimed. "Or maybe--"

Kyuhyun didn't even let Ryeowook finish his sentence. He abruptly stood up and walked hurriedly towards the bar's exit. As soon as he was out the door, he let out a deep exhale. "Where are you, Park Shin Hye?" He muttered to himself. He ran to the parking lot but unfortunately, he bumped into someone.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, sunbaenim." A girl, which Kyuhyun recognized as a girl group member who just debuted two months ago, shyly apologized to him with her head hung low.

"Aniya, it was my fault. I wasn't looking ahead." Kyuhyun said. "Did you just arrived? Are you here for Teukie hyung's party?" He asked the girl.

"Deh. Leeteuk sunbaenim invited me." The girl politely replied while still bowing her head.

"Oh, okay. Well, enjoy the party." Kyuhyun bowed his head. The girl hurriedly walked away but Kyuhyun suddenly felt the urge to ask her something. "Uhm, hey! Wait!" Kyuhyun called out to her. The girl stopped walking and turned around to face him. Kyuhyun walked closer to her.

"Deh? What is it?" The girl shyly asked as soon as Kyuhyun arrived in front of her.

"Uhm, do you know Park Shin Hye? The actress?" Kyuhyun asked her.

The girl nodded. "Park Shin Hye sunbaenim? Deh, I know her. Waeyo?"

"By any chance, have you seen her around the parking lot when you arrived just now?" Kyuhyun asked. He knows it's dangerous to ask a rookie singer about Shin Hye but he's already dead worried and desperate to see her.

"Aniyo. I didn't." The girl replied. Kyuhyun saw the look in the girl's eye and he is sure that this girl probably has an idea of why he is looking for Shin Hye.

Kyuhyun felt his spirit crushed when she answered. "I see. Well, you could go in now. Teukie hyung's probably waiting for you."

The girl's face brightened when she heard what Kyuhyun has said. "Well, I'll go in now. Good luck on finding Park Shin Hye sumbaenim." The girl bowed down before running towards the bar's entrance.

"Aigoo, Teukie hyung. Such a nice guy to rookie girl groups. What a dirty ahjussi." Kyuhyun said to himself while shaking his head disapprovingly. Kyuhyun turned around and looked at the parking lot. He heaved a deep sigh. "Aigoo, Shin Hye-ah." He started walking to the spot where they originally parked the car. But much to his annoyance, a different car was already parked there. "Why must she park my car to a different spot?" He muttered.

He walked around the whole parking lot but there was no sign of his car. He even checked the nearby streets to see if Shin Hye might have parked his car a block away from the bar but he did not see his car. Feeling dejected, he decided to go back to the bar.

He gloomly went back in the bar. While walking, some hoobae idol group members bowed and greeted him but he has no energy to greet them back. He doesn't even care if those hoobae groups thinks he's a snob. All he cares about right now is to find his drunk girlfriend and take her home.

"Oppa, oppa! Kyuhyun oppa!" Kyuhyun heard someone calling his name. He turned to look who it was and felt his heart welled when he saw who it was.

"Omo! Seohyun-ah! I've been looking for you everywhere!" Kyuhyun said as Seohyun approached her.

"Mianhaeyo, oppa. My parents called me on the phone to tell me something urgent but here." Seohyun explained. She was handing Shin Hye's bagpack to Kyuhyun.

"That's cool! Where's Shin Hye?" Kyuhyun asked while grinning.

"Huh? Isn't she with you?" Seohyun confusedly asked him.

"Uhm, no. I left her with you, remember?" Kyuhyun said. He is just as confused as Seohyun is.

"Omo!" Seohyun worriedly exclaimed. "When I got the call from my parents she said that I should take it. She said she'll find you. So I took the call and the next thing I knew, she isn't beside me anymore. I figured she's probably with you so I left already."

"What?!" Kyuhyun angrily exclaimed.

"She doesn't seem that drunk to me. When you guys went up the stage she said it's very noisy in here so I took her outside. Mianhaeyo, oppa. Ottoke?" Seohyun said while bowing.

"Wait, you left? Then why are you here?" Kyuhyun asked.

"When I was already in my manager's car I realized that I carried Shin Hye unnie's bagpack with me." Seohyun looked down at her ringing phone. "I'm really sorry, oppa. I kind of need to go home already." Seohyun bowed again.

"Aniya. It's not your fault. You should go home. I'm sorry for bothering you." Kyuhyun gloomly said while placing Shin Hye's bagpack on his back.

"Aniyo, oppa. I'm really sorry. Please tell Shin Hye unnie that I'm sorry." Seohyun said. She bowed one last time before running out of the bar.

"Ottoke?" Kyuhyun asked himself. He sighed and sat down on one of the empty booths near him. He removed Shin Hye's bagpack crom his back and opened it to find his phone. He thought that Shin Hye might pick up when he calls her but much to his dissapointment, Shin Hye's phone is there in her bagpack. "Ah! What the hell!" Kyuhyun whimpered. He opened Shin Hye's phone to find clues and see if others might have texted her.

"Those bastards." Kyuhyun scoffed when he saw Eunhyuk and Donghae's name appeared on the screen of Shin Hye's phone. The two must have tried to contact her when they knew that Kyuhyun was looking for her. Kyuhyun banged his head on the table. He did not move until he felt someone tapping his head.

"Yah, Kyuhyun-ah. Gwaenchana?"

Kyuhyun lifted his head to see who it was. "Sungmin hyung! Finally, someone with a sane mind! Someone normal that I could talk to!" He exclaimed.

"What's this I'm hearing about that Shin Hye is missing? Eunhyuk and Donghae came up to me and asked if I was with her." Sungmin asked.

"Hyung! She's probably out somewhere drunk while driving my car. Ottoke? What if something bad happens to her?" Kyuhyun whimpered. He is seriously close to tears.

"Have you tried calling her?" Sungmin asked. Kyuhyun showed him Shin Hye's phone. "I guess that means you can't call her."

"Ottoke? Her parents are going to kill me! My eomma and my noona is going to kill me!" Kyuhyun whimpered again. "Hyung ottoke?"

Sungmin pouted at how pitiful his dongsaeng looked. "Well, have you tried looking for her here in the whole bar? Maybe she's just around here somewhere."

Kyuhyun gave his Sungmin hyung a blank, expressionless look. "Of course I did. That was the first thing that I did. I even snuck into the Ladies' Room hoping that I might find her there."

"Oh daebak! You went in the Ladies' Room? How does it look?" Sungmin asked. He seemed more amazed over the fact that Kyuhyun went inside the Ladies' Room than Kyuhyun's current problem.

"Jinjja? That's what you're so amazed about, hyung?" Kyuhyun incredulously asked. He sighed before giving his hyung the answer that he wanted to hear. "Well, the Ladies' Room is just like a cleaner and less smelly version of the Males' Comfort room so, there really isn't anything amazing about it." Kyuhyun sighed again.

"Really? So it's not what I imagined it to be?" Sungmin muttered almost to himself.

Kyuhyun gave Sungmin a look of disgust. "What? You're imagining about what the Ladies' Room looks like? Hyung! Byeontae!" Kyuhyun shouted at Sungmin.

"Anyway, back to your problem." Sungmin said. He completely ignored Kyuhyun calling him a byeontae. "It's very unlike Shin Hye to leave without telling you."

"Oh no. Hyung! What if this is her way of breaking up with me? Is it because of my hair? Huhuhu Shin Hye-ah mianhae!" Kyuhyun cried out.

Sungmin slowly shook his head at Kyuhyun. "Aigoo. Having a girlfriend sure is making you paranoid and crazy. I'm pretty sure that is not the reason why Shin Hye is missing."

"Then what? What other logical reason could there possibly be?" Kyuhyun cried out. He felt his phone vibrating inside Shin Hye's bagpack. Annoyed, he fished it out of the bag and rejected the incoming call. "Aish!" Kyuhyun muttered as he slammed his phone on the table before continuing his whimpering.

"Oh, why aren't you answering Changmin's calls? He has been calling for several times already." Sungmin said as he tinkered with Kyuhyun's phone.

"He probably just wants me to go eat with him somewhere. How could I answer him when my girlfriend has probably broken up with me already?" Kyuhyun cried out. Tears are almost coming to his eyes.

"Aigoo, Kyuhyun-ah. What has gotten into you?" Sungmin asked him while smirking.

Kyuhyun continued to whimper. "Shin Hye-ah oddiseo? Huhuhu." He said while gently banging his head on the table. Suddenly, he heard a girl's voice greeted Sungmin. Kyuhyun snapped his head up but was disappointed when he saw who the girl was. "Oh, it's just you." Kyuhyun said. He continued to bang his head on the table.

"Kyuhyun oppa? Are you crying?" Go Ara asked him while laughing.

Kyuhyun snapped his head up and glared at her. "So what if I am? I just lost the love of my life!"

Sungmin and Go Ara both laughed at him discreetly. "Did you just got dumped?" Go Ara asked him.

"I think so. It's because I got a new haircut." Kyuhyun pouted.

"That's stupid, Kyuhyun-ah." Sungmin told him while shaking his head.

"Hmm, keunde Kyuhyun oppa, where's Shin Hye? I left her with you, right?" Go Ara asked. She grabbed a plate of nuts from the waiter who just passed by and started to munch on it.

"That's exactly what I'm--" Kyuhyun stopped talking. He almost forgot that Go Ara knows nothing about him and Shin Hye. "I mean, I don't know. She is, uhm, she just went missing all of a sudden."

"Ah jinjja that girl." Go Ara muttered while munching on the nuts. "She and Jang Geun Suk probably left together."

Sungmin, who joined Go Ara in munching on the nuts, looked at Kyuhyun wide eyed. "Jang Geun Suk is here?" He blurted out.

"Was. He was here. We were just talking but he suddenly excused himself and just left." Go Ara said.

"When? What time?" Kyuhyun asked.

Go Ara scrunched her nose while thinking. "Hmm, I don't know the exact time but it was during when you guys were blurting out nonsense on the stage."

Kyuhyun started to hyperventilate. He hugged Shin Hye's bagpack tightly while breathing in and out heavily. "Ottoke?" He repeatedly said.

"Uhm, is he okay?" Go Ara asked Sungmin.

"Yeah he's going to be fine. He's just paranoid." Sungmin non-chalantly said.

Go Ara nodded while looking at Kyuhyun. Her shoulders tensed up when she saw what Kyuhyun was holding. "Hey, is that Shin Hye's bagpack?" She asked, pointing the question to Kyuhyun.

Sungmin stopped munching on the nuts and tried to do damage control. "Uhm, no. Why would Kyuhyun have Park Shin Hye-ssi's bagpack." Sungmin said. He laughed nervously at Go Ara.

"Yeah. You have a point, Sungmin oppa." Go Ara pouted. "Oh yeah! I saw Seohyun walking around with that bagpack. So that's hers, huh?" Go Ara asked Kyuhyun while wiggling her eyebrows.

Kyuhyun completely ignored Go Ara's question. He was clenching his fist so tight that his knuckles are turning white already. "What? She left me here alone to be with that jerk? In my car? In my own car?!" Kyuhyun exclaimed.

Go Ara looked confusedly at Kyuhyun then to Sungmin. "Uhm, what is he saying?" She confusedly asked the two.

"My girlfriend came here with me but left with a different guy? Aish! Ah jinjja!" Kyuhyun shouted as he abruptly stood up from his chair.

"Woah, woah! Calm down and be quiet! We're not even sure if it's true." Sungmin tried to calm him down. He stood up and tried to made Kyuhyun sat back down in the chair.

"Wait, what girlfriend? Yah, Kyuhyun oppa! Just because you spent time with her at this party does not mean that she's your girlfriend already." Go Ara defensively exclaimed.

Kyuhyun finally sat back down and glared at Go Ara. He let out a sarcastic laugh. "Oh sorry but it seems like your bestfriend is keeping secrets from you."

"Yah, Kyuhyun-ah!" Sungmin tried to warn him.

"What do you mean?" Go Ara asked with one eyebrow raised.

Kyuhyun sighed. "Ara-ya, I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this. Shin Hye should be the one telling you this but she's off somewhere with Jang Geun Suk, drunk." Kyuhyun said.

Beside him, Sungmin only rolled his eyes. "Do you seriously think that Shin Hye would do that to you?" He said.

Kyuhyun ignored Sungmin and continued on with his confession. "Well, the thing is, Shin Hye and I, we're, uhm, dating. She's my girlfriend. I'm her boyfriend. "

"Oh my gosh!" Go Ara gasped. "You and Shin Hye are dating?!" Go Ara loudly exclaimed.

"Yah! Shhh!" Both Kyuhyun and Sungmin held their forefingers to their lips.

"Yeah, we are. So please tell me, she didn't leave with him, right? Jang Geun Suk didn't kidnap her, right?" Kyuhyun quietly pressed Go Ara for information.

"I don't know! No! Shin Hye hasn't even talked to him for so long already." Go Ara said. "Oh my gosh! This is so daebak!"

Kyuhyun heaved a sigh of relief. "I just know she wouldn't do such a thing to me." He said to reassure himself.

"How long? How long have the of you been dating?" Go Ara asked.

"Hmm, we're no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter