Chapter 29: First sign of trouble

Hallyu Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi everyone! Read this first before you read the new chapter please? Hihihihi. I just want to say that I'm really grateful for all those people who are subscribing, upvoting and commenting! I really really really appreciate it. :D What I actually want to say is that this might be the last chapter in a long while. School starts next week and I have to focus on my studies. But I'll write on weekends. I'll write but not update. But I'll try to update as much as I can. So, I'm really sorry. Hope some of you will wait for it. :) And hope you enjoy this chapter! :)

 

 

 

"Cut!" The director finally yelled.

"Ah, finally!" Shin Hye excitedly exclaimed as one of the drama crews helped her climb down the motorbike that she has been dangerously standing on for the past hour.

"What are you so excited about? We're only taking a break. We still have a lot of scenes to do." Shin Hye's drama co-star, Bong Tae Gyu, tiredly said while he was still sitting on the motorbike.

Shin Hye has just started shooting her one-episode drama where she is going to play a ghost. "Because we finally get to have a break!" Shin Hye giddily exclaimed while clapping her hands.

"Wait, are you the same girl that I shot some scenes with last night?" Tae Gyu asked her.

Shin Hye stopped clapping and looked at him. "Eyyy?" She confusedly asked.

Tae Gyu shook his head. "It's just that, for someone who hasn't slept yet, you are way too energetic." He said.

Shin Hye threw her head back and laughed hard. Some of the crew members gave her a strange look. "Aigoo, oppa. I'm just happy that I'm working. I love my job!" She happily exclaimed.

Tae Gyu smirked at her. "No wonder you're so succesful."

"But you're way more succesful, oppa." Shin Hye cutely said.

"Hah! This kid sure knows how to treat her sunbae." Tae Gyu said as he patted Shin Hye's head. "Anyway, I should go and take a nap. You know, old people should be taking naps." He said as he climbed down the motorbike and walked sleepily towards his van.

"See you later, oppa!" Shin Hye called out to him. She looked around, trying to look for someone. When she saw the person she was looking for, she happily skipped towards him and tapped his shoulder. "Kamdongnim!" She happily greeted the director.

The director, who was talking with some staff, turned around to face Shin Hye. He already has dark circles under his eyes and it was pretty obvious that he is already very tired. But his face lit up as soon a he saw Shin Hye. "Oh, Shin Hye-ah! You're doing a good job. I surely made the right decision of choosing you." He said.

Shin Hye giggled. "Kamsahamnida, Kamdongnim." She bowed down to thank him. "By the way, how long was the break that you have just given us?" She politely asked.

"I'm not sure. Me and the writer still have to fix some stuff for the next scene. Maybe this will take over an hour or more.." The director said while looking at the papers in his hands.

"Oh. One hour." Shin Hye muttered.

"Wae? Do you have other schedules for today?" The director asked in panic.

"Aniyo! No I don't have, Kamdongnim!" Shin Hye exclaimed. "I was just, calculating. You know, how long maybe I could take a nap." Shin Hye said.

"Oh, is that so." The director sighed in relief.

"Deh. Anyway, I should let you get back to work." Shin Hye timidly smiled at the director. "Or maybe Kamdongnim should take a rest, too. You haven't slept yet as well." She suggested.

"Ani, I still have a lot of things to fix. But thanks for being thoughtful, Shin Hye-ah. You go ahead and rest." The director said. He was obviously trying to shoo Shin Hye away.

"Arassoyo, Kamdongnim. I'll see you later." Shin Hye bowed down before heading towards her van.

She giddily walked towards her van which was parked near Tae Gyu's van. When she reached her van, she smirked before opening the door. "Unnie!" Shin Hye shouted as she opened the door.

"Omona!" Her stylist unnie, who was reading a magazine, screamed in horror.

Shin Hye laughed hard while climbing inside the van and closing the door behind her. "Aigoo, unnie. I've been playing that prank on you ever since and you still do not get used it." She said as she continued laughing.

"Aigoo, this kid. Be quiet or else Joon oppa might wake up." She whispered.

Shin Hye looked at the back and saw her manager oppa sound asleep. "Oh, thank god he's asleep. Do you have my phone?" Shin Hye whispered.

"Yeah. Here." Her stylist unnie reached inside her bag to retrieve Shin Hye's phone. "Your boyfriend has been leaving you messages. It's kinda annoying how your phone kept on vibrating inside my bag." She whispered as she handed Shin Hye her phone.

"I know. Isn't he the cutest? He's busy as well but he still never misses to send me a message." Shin Hye giddily whispered. She quietly gasped as she read one of Kyuhyun's many text messages to her. "Omo!"

"What? Why?" Her stylist unnie asked her.

"Nothing." Shin Hye sweetly smiled at her. "Unnie, can you redo my makeup?" She sweetly asked.

"Sure. Come here." Her stylist unnie agreed. "Aren't you guys taking a break? You've been filming since last night." She said as she started retouching Shin Hye's makeup.

"Oh we're on a break right now. Kamdongnim said it could take more than an hour so--"

"Then why do you want me to retouch your makeup now?" Shin Hye's unnie exclaimed, quietly so as not to disturb the people who are sleeping. She stopped tinkering on Shin Hye's face and looked at her. "It might only fade after an hour, knowing you."

"Because I have to go somewhere. Just a couple of blocks away." Shin Hye said. She picked up the makeup brush and continued retouching herself.

"What? What are you going to do?" Her unnie asked in panic.

"Oh, you know. Girlfriend duties." Shin Hye non-chalantly replied.

Her unnie's mouth dropped open. "And what am I suppose to tell him if he wakes up and he does not find you anywhere?" Her unnie whispered while gesturing to her manager oppa who was snoring at the back.

"Just tell him I'm running lines with Tae Gyu oppa." Shin Hye smiled.

Her stylist unnie shook her head disapprovingly. "So you have already thought this through."

Shin Hye grinned at her. "Don't worry, unnie. I won't be long." Shin Hye opened the door and climbed out of the van. "Annyeong!" She giddily waved before sliding the van's door to a close.

 

Shin Hye was able to snuck out of the set as stealthily as she could. She walked a couple of blocks away from where they were filming their drama covered in a hoodie and sunglasses hoping that people won't notice her. When she reached the intersection, she saw Kyuhyun's car parked accross the street. Shin Hye looked around her one last time before crossing the street to make sure no one sees her or have followed her. Luckily for them, the place where they agreed to meet is not a crowded one. Once she reached Kyuhyun's car, she took a peek inside. She saw Kyuhyun dancing around in his seat with all his might. Music is blaring from his car's stereo. Shin Hye could hear it despite the doors being tightly closed.

"So cute!" Shin Hye giggled. She then hastily opened the car door. "Yah! What are you doing?" She asked Kyuhyun while giggling. She climbed inside the car and closed the door.

Kyuhyun immediately stopped dancing around as soon as Shin Hye arrived. "Hi!" His jaw slightly dropped when he took a good look at Shin Hye. "Wow. You look really beautiful for someone who plays a ghost. Where are all the blood?" He asked in a daze.

"What blood?" Shin Hye asked while scrunching her nose.

"You know, shouldn't ghosts be covered in blood?" Kyuhyun said.

Shin Hye laughed at him. "You're really funny. I am not that kind of ghost. I'm playing a very pretty ghost." She informed Kyuhyun while giving him a flirty wink.

Kyuhyun shook his head. "Andwae. This can't be. You're too beautiful. Lots of guys might fall in love with you when they watch that drama." He pouted.

"Just to remind you, you're kind of the one who chose this drama for me." Shin Hye said. She gave him a sweet smile.

Kyuhyun snapped his fingers. "I know." He said with a sullen expression. "Anyway, I have something for you!" He giddily said. He took out a box from the backseat and a cup of Iced Americano and presented it to Shin Hye. "Jjaaaan! I know you stayed up last night filming so to keep you awake, I brought you your favorites. A box of red velvet cupcake and a cup of iced americano!" Kyuhyun proudly exclaimed.

"Aww, Kyu!" Shin Hye squealed. "Kyuhyunnie jjang!" Shin Hye giddily said while clapping her hands.

"I know, I'm the best." Kyuhyun winked at Shin Hye.

Shin Hye took the box from Kyuhyun and opened it. She grabbed a cupcake and started happily munching on it. Halfway through eating the cupcake, Shin Hye looked up at Kyuhyun with an alarmed expression. "Yah, aren't you supposed to be rehearsing for your comeback stage right now? Why did you ask me to meet you?" She asked. Her cheeks puffy because it is full of cupcakes.

Kyuhyun smiled and blushed a little. He can't help it. Shin Hye looked really adorable whenever she talks with full. He used his thumb to wipe of some of the cupcake crumbs on Shin Hye's lips. "I kind of sneaked off during the break time. But don't worry they won't start practice if one member isn't there yet." He explained while giving her a grin.

"Mwo?!" Shin Hye exclaimed, full. She chewed, swallowed and took a sip of her coffee before continuing to talk. "Why would you do that? Do you want to get punished again?!"

"You sneaked off on your filming, too!" Kyuhyun pointed out to her.

Shin Hye gasped. "I did not! We were given a break since we were filming since last night." She said. She stuck her tongue out to Kyuhyun.

"We were on break for reahearsals, too." Kyuhyun said. He stuck her tongue to Shin Hye as well. "Besides, what can I do? I miss you already. I want to see you. It would be long before we see each other again." He pouted.

Shin Hye sighed. "Aww. That's really sweet but I don't want you getting into trouble because of me." She said while patting Kyuhyun's head.

"That's fine. You're worth all the trouble." Kyuhyun said as he winked at Shin Hye.

"But if you get in trouble, I will suffer too. Your manager might confiscate your phone again and if that happens, how will I be able to talk to you?" Shin Hye said.

"Then I'll borrow one of my hyungs' phone to contact you." Kyuhyun proudly said.

"Your hyungs don't even have my number." Shin Hye said in a sing-songy voice.

"Uhm, yeah they do." Kyuhyun replied in a sing-songy voice as well. "Plus I memorized your number." He added.

Shin Hye chuckled. "Yeah right. I can't even memorize my own number." She said in a tone that clearly states the she does not believe him.

Kyuhyun smirked. He then carefully and proudly recited Shin Hye's cellphone number. He even recited her home number. After doing so, Kyuhyun looked at Shin Hye, waiting for her reaction.

Shin Hye stared at Kyuhyun wide-eyed. She then gave him a smile and a round of applause. "Wow. Impressive, Cho Kyuhyun." 

"I also memorized my hyungs' numbers. Wanna hear it?" Kyuhyun proudly stated. "And maybe you could save their numbers too. You know, for future references."

"Okay. I'm impressed with your ability to memorize things. You should be an actor." Shin Hye said. She was genuinely amazed at Kyuhyun's almost photographic memory. "But that was beside's the point. What I was saying was, please don't get in trouble or we will both suffer. Please?"

Kyuhyun pouted. "Arasso." He said in defeat.

"And I can't stay long either. If Joon oppa finds out that I'm here with you right now, I'll probably get an earful." Shin Hye said. She shuddered at the thought of her manager oppa finding out that she snuck out during the break that was given to them. 

"Fine, fine." Kyuhyun mumbled. "Oh wait!" He exclaimed. He grabbed his bagpack from the backseat and started rummaging it. "Oh, here it is. Someone asked me to give this to you." Kyuhyun said as he handed Shin Hye a CD.

Shin Hye hesitantly took it from him when she saw whose CD it was. "Omo!" She exclaimed, full with cupcake. "Who asked to give this to me?"

"Uhm, it was Seohyunnie. I bumped into her at our company's building a while ago and asked me if maybe I could give it to you." Kyuhyun said. He grabbed a cupcake from the box and started eating it.

"Wow! I'm a fan of their group! Daebak! It's their japanese CD." Shin Hye said as she excitedly opened the CD. "Oh, there's a note inside. 'For Shin Hye unnie' it says." She said as she read the note that Seohyun wrote for her.

Kyuhyun looked at her with curiousity as she read. "What is it? What did she say?" He asked. He grabbed abother cupcake from the box.

"Aww. What a sweet girl. She says that it was nice to be able to talk and spend time with me at the party and if maybe we could hang out some time." Shin Hye said. "I swear, I think she has a crush on you. I think I asked her that but she just shyly laughed it off." She said as she recalled that fuzzy memory of her and Seohyun spending time togther at Leeteuk's party.

"I told you she does not have a crush on me!" Kyuhyun exclaimed with his mouth full. "And from the looks of it, looks like she likes you more than she likes me." He pointed out.

"Arasso, arasso." Shin Hye sighed. "Geez, so defensive." She muttered quietly as she opened the CD and browsed the photos.

Kyuhyun stared at her intently. He was meaning to ask Shin Hye something but he was to embarassed to bring the topic up. He waited for the perfect moment. Now that they fell in a comfortable silence, it seems like it is the perfect moment to ask. He opened his mouth to speak but he closed it again. He really was to embarassed and shy to ask her.

Shin Hye, sensing Kyuhyun's intense gaze at her, slowly lifted her head up and took her eyes away from the photos to look at Kyuhyun. "What?" She asked him.

"What?" Kyuhyun dazedly asked.

"You have that look." Shin Hye closed the CD and faced Kyuhyun fully.

"What look?" Kyuhyun innocently asked as he grinned at her. He almost forgot that Shin Hye could see through him.

"You know, you just had it! You usually have that look when you're about to ask me to bake you cookies." Shin Hye explained to him. "So, what do you want?"

"Ah!" Kyuhyun nervously chuckled. "I, uhm, well, nothing." Kyuhyun stammered. He shyly put his head down.

Shin Hye reached over and ruffled Kyuhyun's hair. "Aigoo, kyeopta. But seriously, what is it?"

Kyuhyun sighed. "Actually, I kind of want to, uhm, ask you something." He slowly said as he looked Shin Hye in the eyes. 

"Okay. What is it?" Shin Hye patiently asked.

Kyuhyun interlaced his fingers together as he thought of how to properly ask Shin Hye his question. "I was gonna ask about, uhm, you." He paused and grinned. "I mean, how are you? You must be tired." Kyuhyun nervously chuckled.

Shin Hye raised one eyebrow when she heard Kyuhyun's question. "I'm fine. And yeah I'm tired. And sleepy." 

"Omo. Jeongmal? Poor you." Kyuhyun said as he patted Shin Hye's head.

Shin Hye pouted. "So, thanks for stopping by. I at least kind of regained some of my energy because you're here."

Kyuhyun giggled and blushed a little. "Really? Should I always come and visit you on your filming sites?" He asked in a teasing tone.

Shin Hye shook her head. "Andwae! You can't!" She yelled in her cute voice. "I only agreed now because I miss you already." She pouted again.

Kyuhyun giggled again. "You're so adorable. What am I going to do when we start our world tour and I miss you?"

Shin Hye gasped. "World tour? Super Junior are going to tour the world?"

Kyuhyun proudly nodded. "Yup. That's what we've been told. Hopefully we'd get to actually tour the world."

"Wow. Daebak." Shin Hye quietly said. "My boyfriend's going to have a world tour but I can't even publicly express how proud I am of him." She pouted.

Kyuhyun chuckled. "Yeah. I feel the same. My girlfriend is, like, one of the most famous hallyu star right now and I can't even fanboy over her publicly." He pouted as well.

"Am I going to get a front row ticket to your concert?" Shin Hye cutely and innocently asked. 

"You always have a front row ticket. It's just you're always busy. Last time you had a schedule right?" Kyuhyun said. Shin Hye nodded shyly. "And funny that you're always free when it's Cnblue's concert."

Shin Hye ignored Kyuhyun's last statement. "So, you're going to be busy? Preparing for the concert?" She asked. She felt sad thinking about how she and Kyuhyun might not be able to see each other for a long time and the only way they'll probably see each other is through the television.

"Well, actually, the concert tour starts next year, and." Kyuhyun paused. He found another way to ask his question again. "And, after our album promotions, our company gave us some free time. So, we were wondering if--"

"Hold on." Shin hye stopped Kyuhyun from talking as her phone suddenly rang. "Ottoke? It's Joon oppa. He's already awake?" Shin Hye panicked. She signalled for Kyuhyun to be quiet before she answered the call. "Yoboseyo?" She demurely answered.

"GET YOUR BACK IN HERE RIGHT NOW!" Manager Joon shouted from the other end of the line. Even Kyuhyun heard it.

Shin Hye momentarily put the phone away from her ear as her manager shouted. Even if the phone was far from her ear, she still heard her manager yelling. She placed the phone back on her ear when she was sure that her manager is not yelling anymore. "Deh. Arossoyo, oppa." She hung up the call. "Kyuhyun oppa, I need to go back. Joon oppa is kind of mad already." She pouted at Kyuhyun.

"Yeah. I understand. Sorry for getting you in trouble." Kyuhyun said in an apologetic tone.

Shin Hye sweetly smiled at him. "No worries. It's all worth it."

"Should I drive you to your filming location? Is it far from here?" Kyuhyun asked. The truth was, he was only buying more time to spend with her.

"No, it's fine. I'll run. It's just a couple of blocks anyway." Shin Hye said. She hastily kissed Kyuhyun on his cheek. "Thanks for today." She opened the car door to get out.

Kyuhyun smiled. When Shin Hye was halfway out the door, he grabbed her wrist. "Wait, when will we see each other again?" He asked.

"I'll call you later." Shin Hye replied. Kyuhyun nodded. He let go of her wrist and Shin Hye climbed out of the car and slammed the door close. She smiled at Kyuhyun one last time through the mirror and waved at him before running off. Shin Hye doesn't know why but she feels different. It was like there was a pit in her stomach that she cannot explain. Her heart felt heavy when Kyuhyun asked her when they will meet again. She brushed it off as maybe just her missing him but deep down her, she is sure that something really is different.

 

As soon as the elevator doors opened, Kyuhyun hurriedly run out of it. He was already late for their second rehearsal of the day. He was also late for the morning rehersal and now, he was late again. He came from meeting up with Shin Hye along the vicinity of her drama filming location. He was hoping that he could spend more time with her even if it means that he won't be able to make it to their practice. Unfortunately, their "date" was cut short and Kyuhyun had no choice but to attend their afternoon rehearsals.

"I'm late! I'm late!" Kyuhyun muttered under his breath as he ran through the hallways of their company's building. 

When he reached the door of their practice room, he let out a deep breath before lightly opening the door to peek in it. He heaved a sigh of relief when he saw his hyungs lying on the floor of the practice room and not practicing. He fully opened the door, quietly entered and quietly closed the door behind him. He creeped inside the room. None of his hyungs seem to notice him arrived so he walked to the corner of the room and quietly sat there.

"Wow! Look who just arrived. It's Cho Kyuhyun!" Kyuhyun jumped from where he was seating when he suddenly heard their manager's voice. The other Super Junior members cheered and clapped loudly at him. Kyuhyun only grinned at them. "Kyuhyun-ah, may I please talk to you in private?" Their manager asked him. The room suddenly became quiet. The Super Junior members froze. They looked at Kyuhyun then to their manager then back to Kyuhyun again.

Kyuhyun gulped as he stood up. "Deh, hyung." He slowly walked towards their manager who was already at the door. He could feel his Super Junior hyungs' staring at him. He followed his manager hyung out the practice room and into the end of the hallway where there are no other people except for them. His manager faced him. He had a disapproving look on his face. 

"Kyuhyun-ah, you were late for the morning rehearsals and you are late again now. What is happening to you?" His manager asked him in an exasperated tone while shaking his head.

Kyuhyun bowed his head down. "Mianhaeyo, hyung. I was caught in traffic." He lied.

His manager hyung scoffed at him. "How dare this kid lie in front of my face! Aigoo!" He said as he hit Kyuhyun in the head using a rolled up newspaper. 

"Oww, hyung! What lie are you talking about?" He asked as he massaged his head.

His manager only shook his head. "I just hope for her sake and yours as well that you guys are being careful when you go on dates outside."

"Oh? Hyung? You know?" Kyuhyun incredulously asked. He never said anything to any of their managers that his dating and who he is dating.

"Please. I've been managing you guys since you debuted. I know each and every one of you really well. Do you seriously think I wouldn't notice?" His manager told him. He gave Kyuhyun a sarcastic laugh. "Instead of always being with your laptop, I noticed that now you are always on your phone."

Kyuhyun bowed his head again. "I'm really really sorry, hyung. It just happened." 

His manager exasperatedly sighed. "Just please be careful, Kyuhyun-ah. You don't want anything bad to happen to her right? Your lucky the big bosses doesn't know yet. Or they're just pretending to not know yet."

"Hyung, mianhaeyo. Are you mad at me? Hyung I'm so sorry." Kyuhyun apologized again, his head still bowed down.

"I'm not mad. The other managers might get mad. I'm actually happy for you to have a girl like her. I've heard great things about her. Just, please be very careful." His manager told him while tapping his shoulder.

"Deh, hyung. Arassoyo. We will be very careful." Kyuhyun grinned.

"And how many times do I have to tell you, do not be late to practice! Aigoo!" His manager scolded him while hitting his head multiple times.

"Oww, hyung! I have no control of the flow of traffic in Seoul!" Kyuhyun cried. 

"Aigoo! Still using the traffic as an excuse!" His manager gave him another hit in the head. "Go back inside and practice with your hyungs! You're making my head hurt."

"Deh!" Kyuhyun happily exclaimed. "Hyung saranghaeyo! You're the best!" He added. Kyuhyun ran back to the practice room before his manager attack him again.

Kyuhyun happily entered the practice room. His hyungs are still lying on the floor. The Super Junior members were looking at him in a weird way. "What?" Kyuhyun asked them.

"Weren't you scolded?" Ryeowook asked him.

"Why do you look happy?" Donghae asked as well.

Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulders. "Yeah. I was scolded. I don't know why I seem happy about it."

"Eyyyy." The other members sneered at Kyuhyun.

"What? What was that?" Kyuhyun asked them again.

"Those single guys are probably just jealous of you, Kyuhyun." Sungmin told him.

"Oh right! Guys, listen up!" Leeteuk spoke up and called everybody's attention. "Now that Kyuhyun is here, I can finally say that.." Leeteuk paused for dramatic purposes. He eached looked at s faces seriously before continuing on. "Your faces right now! So funny. Are you guys nervous?" Leeteuk laughed at them.

"Aish!" The other members hissed at Leeteuk.

"Okay, seriously. Starting tomorrow, those of you who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter