Chapter 37: Forgive and Forget

Hallyu Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye stepped inside of the door that her manager just opened for her. She was too busy playing games with her phone that the voices of her manager and her company's CEO were just barely murmurs to her ears. She was playing this new game on her phone wherein she had to manage a restaurant. She had to show the customers to their tables, ask for what their orders, serve them the food, clean up after them and collect their payments. Shin Hye had been playing that game for the past three days already, stopping only for when she needed to eat, to go to the bathroom or to get as little sleep as she could. Today was no exception. Her manager and the company's CEO surprised her by showing on her doorstep asking if they could take her somewhere. And on the way to that place, Shin Hye was too busy playing games in her phone.

"Yah, Shin Hye-ah! Are you even listening?"

"Huh?" Shin Hye's gaming was suddenly interrupted by an angry voice. She looked up to see her manager scowling at her, the company's CEO smiling at her and a young woman holding a folder, who she knew that wasn't with them earlier, also smiling at her. She hurriedly paused her game and bowed her head at the woman. "Annyeong Hasseyo." She greeted politely while smiling.

The young woman smiled back at her and bowed her head too. "Annyeong Hasseyo, Shin Hye-ssi."

"Seems like you are glued to your phone because of your games." The company's CEO commented while laughing heartily.

"Ah, deh." Shin Hye smiled as she chuckled awkwardly.

The company's CEO cleared his throat before talking. "I just want to congratulate you on your 10th anniversary since debuting." He told Shin Hye while handing her a set of keys.

"Uhm, kamsahamnida." Shin Hye thanked him. She accepted the keys and looked at it. "What are the keys for?" She asked in a very clueless and confused manner.

Every one in the room laughed except for Shin Hye's manager. He had a look on his face that looked like he was embarassed of something.

"Aigoo. Uri Shin Hye needs to control her gaming, huh?" Mr. CEO said while laughing.

Shin Hye looked at all of them while blinking. "Deh?" She asked.

"Shin Hye-ah, we were explaining to you why we're here earlier but it seems like you're not listening." Manager Joon whispered to her.

Shin Hye laughed awkwardly. "Oh! I'm so sorry. This would never happen again." She aologized to her CEO while bowing.

"Oh, nonsense. I understand." Mr. CEO said while waving his hand. "To repeat what I said earlier, I just want to congratulate you on your 10th year anniversary. And I also want to congratulate you for being a very hardworking kid. Because of all your hardwork, you made our company what it is right now. And to repay you and also as a thank you gift, I present you with this." He said while extending his arms to the room.

Only then did Shin Hye realize where she was. She was inside a small apartment unit. It already had furnitures which was still wrapped in plastic. She looked around the room, which she was guessing was the living room. "Wait.. What?" Shin Hye asked to no one in particular.

"Welcome to your new home!" The young woman chirped in. "I'm Han Young Mi, by the way. The realtor." She said while extending a hand to Shin Hye.

Shin Hye took it and slowly shook it. "Do you guys mean to say that this apartment is mine?" She asked in a tiny voice.

"Yes." Mr. CEO answered.

"And that you guys bought it for me?" She asked in a dazed voice.

"Well, the company bought this for you as a gift. All the furniture here though are bought for you by your parents. As a gift as well." Mr. CEO answered again.

Wide eyed, Shin Hye looked at her CEO. "My parents are okay with this?!" She asked incredulously.

"Yes. They think this is a great idea. The place is basically located at the heart of Seoul where most of your work takes place. They said that this kind of set-up is more convenient for you." Mr. CEO said.

Shin Hye heaved a sigh of relief. This was what she wanted to do for quite some time now. To get a place of her own. She was kind of feeling sorry for her parents who were always waiting up for her when her schedules ran late. She felt that she was kind of a disturbance to them. But at the same time, she didn't want her parents to think that she didn't want to stay with them anymore so she put off buying an apartment of her own. "Kamsahamnida, Sajangnim." Shin Hye sincerely thanked her CEO.

Mr. CEO chuckled. "Aigoo this kid. No. Thank you." He said while tapping her head. "Anyway, we should let you rest and get used to your new apartment. The day after tomorrow, you'll be going to SBS' headquarters for your new drama's script reading."

Young Mi, Shin Hye's apartment realtor, extended a hand to her again. "It's really nice to meet you, Shin Hye-ssi. You are our first celebrity in this building. But actually, there is a celebrity's noona living here. Here in this floor also. Her brother is always here these past few months. I think he's a member of a--"

"Okay, okay! Let's leave her so she can rest." Manager Joon said as he interrupted Young Mi.

Shin Hye giggled. "Nice to meet you too, Young Mi-ssi." She said while giving her best smile.

Young Mi and the CEO went out of the apartment leaving Shin Hye and her Manager Joon alone.

"Now kid, you are not allowed to have a boy in this apartment. Arasso?" Manager Joon warned her.

Shin Hye smirked at her protective manager. "Oppa, you don't need to worry about that anymore. I'm single now, remember?"

"I know that. But I'm still worried." Manager Joon said.

Shin Hye reached out and playfully hit her manager on his arm. "Aigoo, oppa. Don't worry." She said while giggling.

"Fine. I'll leave, okay. Don't wander around much, arasso?" Manager Joon said as he walked towards the door.

"Deh, I won't! Oppa, komawoyo!" Shin Hye said while waving her hands.

"Lock the doors always." Manager Joon said as he was.out of the door.

"Yeah, I will! Bye! See you later!" Shin Hye waved before slamming the door shut.

Shin Hye went back to the living room and plopped down on the couch. The couch was very soft. She could tell that it was picked by her eomma. She tilted her head back and closed her eyes. Finally, she have her own home. She won't be getting in the way of her parents and her oppa and they won't be getting in her way. She opened her eyes and stood up. She walked towards the hallway and opened the first door. She was greeted by a huge canopy bed with pink and baby blue curtains hanging from it. Huge pillows are resting above it. The room doesn't have much stuff in it yet. She went inside the room and opened another door. It was the bathroom. It had a shower and a bathtub. Shin Hye giggled. She always wanted to have a bathtub. She opened another door. It was her walk-in closet. All her stuff, her shoes, clothes and bags, aren't in it yet. She closed all the doors that she opened and went back out of the room. Her next stop was the kitchen. She opened her new refrigerator and was surprised that it was empty. Guess she needed to do some grocery shopping later.

Shin Hye went back to the living room. She went to the window and opened it. She could practically see the whole Seoul from her living room's window. She closed her eyes and breathed in the air. This whole thing is making her feel like a real grown up. Like a real adult. She opened her eyes and took in her surroundings. And that's when it hit her. This place was familiar to her. This neighbourhood was familiar to her. Slowly, she backed away from the window while everything was clicking in her brain. She grabbed her new home's keys and made her way out of her new apartment. Young Mi's words earlier were playing in her mind.

"There is a celebrity's noona living here. Here in this floor also." 

"Her brother is always here these past few months." 

Before she knew it, she was facing their floor's elevator. She turned around and took a step forward until her feet started dragging her towards the hall. It's almost like her feet knows where it should go. Finally, it stopped in front of the door. It was at the opposite end of where Shin Hye's new apartment was located. Shin Hye breathed deeply first before pressing the buzzer. After a few minutes, the door was opened. A very familiar face was standing in front of her.

"Shin Hye-ah? What are you doing here?" She asked, her face registering shock.

"Unnie.." Shin Hye said slowly while scratching her head. "I guess.. We're neighbors now."

Shin Hye could not believe her luck. She just became neighbors with her ex-boyfriend's noona.

 

 

~0~

 

 

Kyuhyun quietly watched as their managers handed each members pieces of papers. Having little amounts of rest and sleep, his eyelids were about to give up on him. He and the other members of their group's sub-unit were all busy practicing for their korean comeback. Their rehearsal was cut short because their manager called them to come to the conference room. Because of too much sleepiness, Kyuhyun decided to rest his head on the table with his eyes closed. Just as he was about to fall asleep, he was jerked awake when he felt a rolled up paper being hit at the back of his head. He lifted his head to see who was hitting him with a paper.

"Hyung!" Kyuhyun whimpered and stomped his foot on the floor. He looked up to see their manager hyung looking at him disapprovingly, the rolled up.paper that he used to hit Kyuhyun was in his hands.

"Why are you dozing off? I need to discuss something to you guys!" Their manager barked at him.

"I wasn't dozing off." Kyuhyun said while scratching the back of his head. "I was just resting my eyes." He pouted.

Their manager glared at him while giving him a piece of paper. "That's what you get for playing games from night 'til morning." He told Kyuhyun. "Anyway, those pieces of paper that I gave you have your schedules on it. Group schedules and individual schedules. It is indicated there where and what those schedules are. And with whom. Study your schedules first before asking any questions. Arasso?" Their manager told the whole group.

"Deh, hyung. Arasso." All the members replied.

Kyuhyun looked at his paper. He then looked up to the others' papers. He was the only one who was handed two pieces of papers. All the other members had only one. Like an elementary student, Kyuhyun raised his right hand to call their manager's attention.

"Yes, Kyuhyunnie?" Their manager asked him.

Kyuhyun lifted his papers up. "Hyung, why do I have so many schedules?" He asked.

"Oh! Yes. That's because you'll be starting to rehearse for your new musical." Their manager proudly said.

"A musical that would start showing next year? We're starting rehearsals this early? Like, six months from now?" Kyuhyun asked in an incredulous tone.

"Uhm, yeah. Why?" Their manager asked him.

Kyuhyun scoffed. "Yeah, exactly. Why?"

Their managers raised his hands as if surrendering. "Don't ask me. I'm not the one who made that. I just pass it on to you, guys." He said.

Kyuhyun sighed and rolled his eyes at their manager. He looked at his paper again. Most of the group schedules still involves him. He took out a highlighter from his bag to mark all his schedules. At that moment, his phone rang. He looked at it and saw that it was his noona again. She has been calling him for the past two hours but he wasn't able to answer because he was busy practicing. He picked his phone up and decided to answer it.

"Oh, noona wae?" Kyuhyun answered.

"Aaaaaah!" His Ahra noona squealed through the phone.

Kyuhyun had to momentarily remove his phone from his ear. Even from a distance, he could still here his noona squealing. When he could no longer hear it, he placed the phone back to his ears.

"What was that?" He asked his noona.

"Guess what!" Ahra squealed and giggled.

"What?" Kyuhyun asked. He picked up his highlighter and started highlighting his schedules. He's packed for this month with all their music shows guestings. Guess he won't be able to make it to their family dinner again.

"No! You have to guess!" Ahra giddily said.

Kyuhyun smirked. He suddenly thought of the prank that he usually played on his noona when they were younger. A prank that he was sure would piss her off. Because as a little brother, he thinks it's his duty to piss his noona off.

"No! You have to guess!" Kyuhyun imitated his noona.

"What?" Ahra asked him. Seems like she still hasn't caught up to the game.

"What?" Kyuhyun imitated again.

"Yah! Are you imitating me?" Ahra asked. She now realized what was happening.

"Yah! Are you imitating me?" Kyuhyun said while doing his best imitation of his noona's voice. He was giggling to himself while highlighting his schedules.

Ahra huffed out from the other end of the line. "Yah. Do it again one more time and I won't share my amazing news to you. I won't let you come to my apartment anymore because once you hear what I will tell you, I'm sure you'll come running here. And not only that, I will release that baby picture of you." Ahra warned her in a dangerously low voice.

Kyuhyun laughed hard while tapping the table. "Fine! Fine! What is it then?" He asked as he went back to highlighting his schedules.

"Okay, okay!" Ahra said, her voice giddy again. "Guess who just moved back next door to me! Well, not really next door. More like in the other end of the hall."

"Who?" Kyuhyun asked. While highlighting, he saw a familiar name in one of his schedules.

"Park Shin Hye!" Ahra squealed.

Kyuhyun dropped the highlighter from his hand. Along with that, he felt his jaw dropped as well.

"Yoboseyo? Kyuhyun-ah? You still there?" Ahra asked.

Kyuhyun cleared his throat before speaking. "Yeah."

Ahra giggled. "You're speechless, am I right?"

Kyuhyun nodded his head. "Uhm, yeah." He replied when he realized that gestures don't work on phone conversations.

"So am I! Imagine my surprise when I saw her as soon as I opened my door! I'm so happy!" Ahra said. Kyuhyun could hear his noona clapping her hands.

"Great. I'm happy for her." Kyuhyun said slowly. "I need to hang up."

"Are you going here?" His noona asked him.

"There? Why would I?" Kyuhyun asked.

"To come and see her, of course." Ahra said matter of factly.

Kyuhyun sighed. He's pretty sure that he is not a welcomed sight on Shin Hye's door. "Bye, noona. See you later." Kyuhyun ended the call despite his noona's protests.

Shin Hye has actually done it. She has actually bought herself her own apartment. Kyuhyun smiled to himself at Shin Hye's little achievement. He remembered her saying before that she really wanted an apartment of her own. But she was scared of what her parents might think. But now, she actually did it. And Kyuhyun is really happy for her.

"Yow Kyuhyun-ah!"

Kyuhyun jerked back to reality to see their manager hyung wriggling his eyebrows at him.

"Waeyo, hyung?" Kyuhyun asked him.

Their manager picked up Kyuhyun's schedule and showed it to him. "Actually, I helped a little in doing your schedule."

"Uhm, okay?" Kyuhyun laughed at how their manager was acting.

"See here, I didn't put any schedule during midnight so that you could go on dates." Their manager whispered to him.

Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes at their manager hyung. "Excuse me?" He asked. He wasn't sure if he heard their manager right.

Their manager playfully hit him on the arm. "So that you could go on dates with Shin Hye-ssi." He whispered.

"Hyung, are you serious?" Kyuhyun asked their manager through gritted teeth.

"Of course. I thought this out very carefully." He winked at Kyuhyun.

Judging from his smile, their manager was indeed serious. Kyuhyun didn't know whether he should laugh, cry or if he wants to hit his manager. "Hyung." Kyuhyun started while trying to surpress a laugh. Or was it a cry that he was trying to surpress? "Hyung, we broke up. Remember? Don't tell me you just randomly forgot that piece of information?"

Their manager clapped a hand to his forehead. "Oh! Geez! Yeah! I forgot! Kyuhyun-ah! I'm so sorry!"

Kyuhyun could hear the other members giggling. Obviously they were in on their manager's little quest. And no one even tried to remind their manager that their maknae has already lost the love of his life. Kyuhyun had to cover his face with his hands to hide his embarassed and flushed face.

"Hyung how could you do this to me?" Kyuhyun whimpered.

"Aigoo, Kyuhyun-ah. I'm so sorry." Their manager apologized to him again.

Kyuhyun abrputly stood up from his chair. "This is embarassing so I'm going home. Practice is done, right?"

Their manager nodded his head vigorously. "Yes, yes. Go. But wait, where are you going?"

"To my parents' house." Kyuhyun said while packing up his stuff.

"Okay. But don't forget, you guys need to be at SBS' headquarters the day after tomorrow for Inkigayo recording, arasso?" Their manager instructed him.

"Deh, hyung." Kyuhyun said. He looked at the the other members and stuck his tongue out to them. "See you tomorrow, old people." He teased them.

After getting out of SM Entertainment's building, Kyuhyun walked a few meters away to call for a taxi. After getting in one, instead of telling the driver ahjussi his parents' address, he gave his noona's address instead. His noona's building is only a few minutes away from SM Ent's building so he decided that his noona's place is the place to be rig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter