Birthday Surprise?

Oh my Doyoung!

= 16th July 2016 =

You are watching an anime in the living room with your laptop on your lap. The title of the anime is 'Another'. It is a thriller ghost anime about a class that always has an extra student when the school reopen every year. The extra student is a ghost and the family of all the students in the class will die one by one.

You choose to watch this anime when no one is around in the house. Because you are scared of watching ghost stories. You know yourself very well that you might shout and act crazily. And you don't want anyone to see it. It is so embarrassing. Today happened to be the best time for you to watch the anime as all the NCT members are still in Japan while Misaki is visiting her cousin in Jeju Island.

You are so into the anime that you have forgotten the time. You feel that your stomach is growling so loudly when you have finished the anime. You glance at the clock on the wall. It is almost seven. You head to the kitchen to grab something that can fill your stomach temporary before you make your dinner.

When you are in the kitchen, suddenly, all the lights go off. And an eerie music starts. Goosebumps. Isn't this is the scenario that always happens in a ghost movie when the ghost is appearing? You curse in your heart.

You take a deep breath to calm yourself. (Maybe it is just a short circuit.) You think. You open the flashlight using your phone. You walk to the electricity box in the storeroom carefully.

You feel that a hand is grabbing your shoulder from your back. You freeze. You can feel that the hand is so cold. You want to run away but your legs could not move even a single step. You want to shout, but no voice is coming out.

The eerie music stops. The house becomes so quiet out of a sudden. It is even scarier. You feel that something will jump out in front of you anytime.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you... ..."

You turn around slowly. You find that Doyoung is holding a cake while the others are singing birthday song at the back. You just remember that tomorrow is your birthday and you burst into tears.

xxx xxx

"Thank you guys for giving me such a big birthday surprise. It is very unforgettable." You take another sip of orange juice and put the glass on the table. You stare at them fiercely. "But who is the one that suggests this idea? It is such a wonderful idea that makes me want to give him a fist as a present." You clench your fist. You remember that you have told them before that you are scared of ghost.

"Doyoung!" Taeyong shouts.

"I never know that you are SOOOO scared of ghost." Doyoung shrugs his shoulder. "But your expression is funny during that time." Doyoung turns to Jaehyun. "Jaehyun, did you manage to record them?" You stare at Jaehyun this time.

Jaehyun almost chocks on his food. "Er... Yes. I mean No. It is too dark."

"Maybe we can just try to brighten the video on the computer," Mark suggests. Doyoung gives him a big thumb up.

You want to bury yourself in a hole right now. You can imagine how funny the video will be with all your crazy acts. You sigh deeply. You try to find someone to help you.

Your eyes stop at Misaki who is sitting in the corner. She looks so strange today, she does not speak much today. "Misaki?" You ask. All the members look at her.

No response from her. Taeil pats her shoulder and calls her a few times before she finally responds. "Anything?" She looks like she cried before.

"Misaki, Is there anything has happened? You seem so sad today?" (Taeyong)

"Er... No. I mean Yes. Er... I don't know." She buries her face in her hands.

"Please just tell us if anything. We will always help you." (Mark)

"But. I don't think you guys can help me with this." She lifts her head up. "I just received an offer from Oxford University in the United Kingdom. It is always my dream to study there."

"Isn't it a good news? Why you look so depressed?" (You)

"The first semester starts in September which means that I need to leave earlier in order to make some preparation. But I don't want to leave. I want to stay with you guys."

"Hahaha. Babo. Japan and Korea are so close. It just takes a short time to travel from Japan to Korea. You can always visit us before you depart to the United Kingdom. Or maybe we can also visit you in Japan." (Taeil)

"Oh, yea! Why have I never thought that? Taeil, thanks a lot!" Misaki hugs Taeil tightly and kisses on his cheek. Taeil freezes and his face slowly turn into red.