#Chapter Nine

Between Land & Sea {1 Year Hiatus}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Somi and Se-hyung are in class and the class is loud. Somi stands and said, “Everyone stand at the two ends of class. Spot check is starting.”

“Oh my god…” The students groan and stand two ends according to gender. Most of them are sweating because some of them brought the things that are not allowed in school. Somi and three other prefects of the class quickly do their job to check every students’ bags as the disciplinary teacher arrives. Somi and the other prefects give the confiscated phones and other things to the teacher and the teacher said, “Good job. Keep up the good work.”

“Thank you!” The four prefects replied and the teacher leaves. Somi sighs heavily and asked, “Is there any meeting today?”

“Prefects’ meeting, soccer practice. That’s all,” a male prefect replied. Somi nods and sits at her own place after having a short talk with the prefects. She takes out her notes and reads before the door is swing open. She looks up and roll her eyes as she saw Sarah leaning against the frame of the door. Somi asked, “Is there anyone you want to speak to?”

“I want to talk to you, Miss Prefect,” Sarah replied. Somi stands and asked, “What do you want now?”

“Eun-soo is dating your cousin. Aren’t you jealous that your cousin is dating her?” Somi shakes her head and cross her arms. She replied, “I know I’m too ugly for anyone to date me, okay? Like you said, I’m ugly and I’m trying to look like you. Guess my efforts are way better than you putting tons of powder which will end up eating your skin.”

Sarah clench her fists and runs while crying. Somi scoffs and looks at her with a sly smirk before saying, “That is what you get for messing with me.”

After school is finished and all the meetings and practices are over, Somi, Se-hyung and Mi-ran are walking back home. Se-hyung sighs and said, “Glad your family already went back. Your cousins are so noisy.”

“Ah! That reminds me,” Somi said, “I need to buy grocery again.”

“Not again…,” Mi-ran groaned. She asked, “Why do we need to go there every time?”

“We need to survive, girl. Wait… you’re a mammoth, that’s why you don’t eat much,” Se-hyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter