#Chapter Seven

Between Land & Sea {1 Year Hiatus}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Night-time. Somi is studying and Jihoon walks in. Somi looks at him and asked, “What now?”

“Why aren’t you asleep?” Jihoon asked as he sits on a chair. Somi replied, “I’m studying.”

“You should sleep you know,” Jihoon said. Somi nods and replied, “Later. Plus, I need to complete this assignment.”

“Why do you work?” Somi looks at him and replied, “I live independently. I don’t rely on anyone.”

Jihoon nods and saw a golden book at the book shelf. He takes the book and opens it. He reads and asked, “You believe in mermaids?”

Somi looks at him and replied, “Sort of.”

“I believe them,” Jihoon replied, “I wish I could see them. One day, I want to see these mermaids. It must be a fascinating experience.”

The next day, Somi, Mi-ran and Se-hyung are having their break time. They are eating bento made by Mrs. Ha. Somi eats it silently and Mi-ran said, “Wow! Mrs. Ha’s cooking is so good.”

“She’s my mom,” Somi replied, “Obviously her cooking is amazing.”

“Aren’t you staying back for the football club?” Se-hyung asked. Somi nods and replied, “I’m the ace.”

“I don’t understand you sometimes,” Mi-ran said. Somi raises an eyebrow and asked, “What do you mean about that?”

“You’re good at studies, top student, Science-Math Club President, Head Prefect, sports ace, cooking expert. You have all the talents but why no one wants to date you?” Somi chuckles a bit and replied, “I am not pretty.”

“Nonsense!” Mi-ran exclaimed. Su-rin arrives and sits next to Somi before saying, “She’s pretty.”

“See?! Su-rin agrees.” Se-hyung looks at her and asked, “Why?”

“I don’t know. They are more attracted to girls who have a lot of money and wealth, preppy, sophisticated, classy and popular. Plus, their hands are way more soft and they don’t do part-time jobs and house chores like I do.” Se-hyung scoffs and said, “They like all the sl*ts.”

“I never know you’re going to swear,” Mi-ran exclaimed. Se-hyung roll his eyes and Su-rin asked, “Somi, do you have anyone in mind?”

Somi looks at her and shakes her head. She replied, “No.”

“She wants you to date her,” Mi-ran assumed. Su-rin sulks and Somi chuckles before replying, “Su-rin ah, I like you as a friend. Sorry that I don’t have any romantic feelings to you.”

“It’s okay.” Somi sighs heavily and- “Kang Somi.”

Somi turns around and roll her eyes as a female senior approaches her. The girl pulls Somi up and asked, “Do you want to know why guys hate you? You’re a loser.”

Somi scoffs and replied, “I don’t care if they like me or not. You’re wasting your time dating here and there. Scandals everywhere.”

“That is why all men hate you.” Mi-ran stands and said, “B*tch come here and I will smack your .”

Mi-ran approaches the girl and separates them. She punches the girl and said, “Sarah Jane, better shut up or else I’m hurting you even worse than this.”

“Mi-ran, I’m bringing you to the disciplinary office if you cause an injury.” Mi-ran let go of Sarah and Sarah walks away. Somi packs her lunch and said, “I’m going to class.”

Somi walks away and Su-rin asked, “How are we going to set her up on a date?”

“Molla,” Se-hyung replied.

On the other hand, Jihoon is watching the siru at the dry kitchen. He stares at it and Daehwi asked, “Why do you keep staring at the siru?”

“I don’t know,” Jihoon replied. He asked, “When will they come back?”

“Evening I think.” Jihoon nods and- “He is so attracted to that.”

Daniel approaches them and Jihoon said, “It’s cool because I can see Somi doing this.”

“She is inspiring, I know,” Daniel replied. Guan Lin approaches them and asked, “Want to swim?”

“Sure!”

After school is over, the three arrive home and Somi said, “I’m going out in five minutes.”

“Again?” Mrs. Ha asked. Somi nods and quickly walks to her room. Se-hyung and Mi-ran purse their lips and Grandfather Ha said, “Tell Somi to stop working today.”

“She won’t listen,” Se-hyung replied. Mi-ran nods and said, “She is like this.”

“She needs a break. Plus, if she’s like this, her studies will have affected.” Se-hyung shakes her head and replied, “She always study during work.”

After a few minutes, Somi walks out and said, “I’m leaving.”

“Somi, stop.” Somi turns to look at Mrs. Ha and said, “I won’t be late

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter