#Chapter Six

Between Land & Sea {1 Year Hiatus}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Happy birthday to you!” Sungwoon claps and said, “Thank you so much.”

Somi looks at him and said, “I don’t have a gift for you but I made these for you.” Sungwoon smiles and said, “Thank you so much, Sakura. These are a lot of food by the way.”

“Everyone is here. I invite our family and relatives to join us for the party,” Somi replied. Sungwoon nods and smiles before the doorbell rings. Somi stands and walks to the door before opening it. She smiles as Sungwoon’s parents and relatives arrive. She walks to the side and the house starts to get a lot noisier. Somi closes the door and guides everyone to the living room. All of them give each other space and by the way, Somi moved her furniture to the back of her house to give a bigger space with the boys’ help. There’s only a table at the living room and also the TV and other furniture that couldn’t be move. Somi walks to a sliding door and opens it before saying, “I’m happy that everyone manages to come here.”

“Somi-ah! Did you cook all this?” A female relative asked. Somi nods and smiles as she walks to the dry kitchen, which is the space under Se-hyung’s room. She said, “Enjoy your food everyone.”

Somi sits on the stool and- “Daebak! This is so good. Where do you buy this?”

“I made it,” Somi replied as the bell rings. Everyone look at each other and Mrs. Ha said, “I’m so proud of you, Somi.”

“Thank you eomma,” Somi replied as she walks to the door. She opens and her happy face fades as she saw Eun-soo. She asked, “Why are you here?”

“I’m celebrating Sungwoon’s birthday too,” Eun-soo replied. Somi nods and make way for Eun-soo to walk in. She closes the door and Eun-soo said, “Happy birthday Sungwoon oppa!”

“Eun-soo!” Sungwoon exclaimed with his mouth full. He waves and said, “Hurry up. The food’s going to finish soon.”

“Okay,” Eun-soo replied and quickly walks to Sungwoon. She sits and digs in as well, while the others continue eating and some even stare at her weirdly. Somi walks to the kitchen counter and sits as she takes out some fruits. She brings the basket of fruits to the wet kitchen and washes it before cutting. Sounds of laughter can be heard and Somi smiles as she stops the running water. She brings the basket back to the dry kitchen and takes a butting board before sitting. She takes a knife and cut the fruits such as apples, oranges, kiwis, strawberries and bananas. She takes out several cups and- “Aunty Somi!”

Five children approach her and sit on the stools. Three girls and two boys to be exact. Somi smiles and asked, “Yes?”

“What are you doing?” The eldest one, which is the male, asked. Somi replies, “Some yogurt with fruits.”

“Is there ice cream?” Somi nods and asked, “You guys want with ice cream?”

The five children nod and Somi stands before walking to a freezer. She pulls the freezer door up and asked, “What flavour do you guys want? Strawberry? Vanilla? Green tea? Mango? Chocolate?”

“Strawberry/Vanilla/Chocolate!” The children exclaimed at the same time. Somi chuckles and takes the three flavours out from the freezer. She closes the door and sits on the stool before pulling out a drawer to take the ice cream scooper. She stands and takes a metal cup before filling with water. Jihoon arrives and asked, “What are you making?”

“Desserts,” Somi replied. She walks and sits back as she scoops the ice cream into different ice cream cups as the children choose what fruits do they want to eat. Jihoon asked, “Can I have one?”

“Sure,” Somi replied. Jihoon smiles and asked, “Who is she by the way?”

“Eun-soo. My frenemy,” Somi replied in a monotonous tone. She keeps the ice cream back and Jihoon said, “I want yogurt.”

Somi nods and does it quietly. Jihoon looks at her with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter