#Prologue

Between Land & Sea {1 Year Hiatus}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A giant storm is happening at Sokcho Beach in Sokcho-si, Gangwon-do. Everyone is taking shelter in the nearest hotel. Seven-year-old Ha Sungwoon is staring blankly at the dark, cloudy sky and watches the rain pouring cats and dogs. His parents bring him up their hotel room and Sungwoon sits on a chair. He watches the rain pouring non-stop and his parents are taking a short nap. Sungwoon sighs heavily and said, “It’s so boring when it’s raining outside.”

Sungwoon stands and heads to a single bed before lying flat on his stomach. He sighs in boredom and dozes to sleep. He is so bored until he has nothing to do. The storm occurs all night and waves are going on a high level. The waves hit the sands and as the waves move back into sea, a very young girl is lying on the sand. She is no ordinary human. She is a mermaid that is washed away from sea. Her scaly golden tail is shimmering under the moonlight and her long, silky brown hair is wet. Something on her head, which is like a small tiara falls to the sand and she is lying there, maybe dead.

Early in the morning, Sungwoon and his parents are walking around the beach. Sungwoon saw the mermaid and runs to her. Her tail disappears and is replaced with feet. Sungwoon taps the girl’s cheek and looks behind. He said, “Mom! Dad! There’s a girl lying here.”

His parents quickly approach him and Mrs. Ha carries the girl on her arms. They all run to the nearest hospital to give her a check-up. They arrive and quickly brings the poor girl to a hospital bed and the doctors examine the girl. They do several tests and one of the doctors said, “Her temperature is dropping drastically.”

“How in the world this could happen? Is her pulse there?” Another doctor asked. The nurses check the machine and they all struggle to save the girl. Sungwoon and his parents wait patiently outside and after an hour, a female doctor walks out. Mr. Ha stands and asked, “How’s the girl?”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter