#Chapter Five

Between Land & Sea {1 Year Hiatus}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Somi, Mi-ran, Se-hyung and WANNA ONE members except Sungwoon are now grocery shopping. Everyone can’t hold their excitement when they saw WANNA ONE members because obviously, they are the trending boy group. Somi stop her tracks so as the whole group. She turns around and everyone has a trolley. Somi looks at her list and said, “Mi-ran, you buy all the ingredients needed to make gangjeong hangwa, bori cha and nokcha cake.”

“We’re eating that?! For what?” Mi-ran asked. Somi replied, “You’ll see why.”

“Yes boss!” Mi-ran exclaimed and realises something. She doesn’t know what ingredients are needed to make anything. Somi seems to know what Mi-ran is thinking and replied, “Buy glutinous rice, cheongju, honey, sesame seeds, food colouring, cooking oil, pine pollen, pine nuts, cinnamon powder, roasted and ground barley, eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, Greek yogurt, cake flour, baking powder and green tea powder.”

“Thank you!” Mi-ran exclaimed and stops the recording. She walks away and- “You’re buying a lot of things.”

“Please, don’t think I’m that poor,” Somi replied in a flat tone. She continued, “Se-hyung, you buy five different ice cream flavours, five tins of square biscuits, three combs of banana and ten apples.”

“Why do we need those?” Se-hyung asked. Somi replied, “My grandparents are coming next week. Aunty just called me.”

“Okay.” Se-hyung walks and- “What can we do?”

Somi looks at Jihoon and thinks for a moment. She said, “Jihoon, Jinyoung and Daehwi, you’re in one team. Buy a box of ramen packets, both soup and without soup, kimchi, seaweed, sesame oil, soy sauce and five bottles of carbonated drinks and non-carbonated drinks. Just choose any brand you want.”

“Great,” Jinyoung replied and they leave. Somi thinks and- “Daniel, Guan Lin and I are in one team.”

Somi looks at Seongwu and nods. She said, “You guys please buy garlic, fish sauce, radish, cabbage, onion, ginger, pepper flakes and soju.”

“But we have kimchi already,” Guan Lin said. Somi sighs heavily and replied, “I’m cooking tonight. The instant kimchi is for tonight’s dinner.”

“Ah…” They leave and Somi said, “Jisung, Woojin, Minhyun and Jaehwan, the four of you buy meat, chicken wings, chicken , anchovies, herring, sardines, salmon, tuna and red snapper. Buy some mutton and broccoli. All of them are packet though.”

“That’s a lot,” Woojin muttered and Somi smirks before saying, “Then no food for you if you keep whining.”

“Yes boss!” Jisung shouted and salutes before dragging them to get the ingredients. Somi sighs heavily and pushes the trolley. She walks around and buys some basic needs. Soaps, shampoos, toothpastes, all of the necessary things needed every day. She sighs heavily and asked, “Where is Sungwoon?”

Somi walks around and after a while walking, all of them finally meet at the same spot they stand before. Somi checks every trolley and since there are five trolleys excluding hers, and nods with an amused expression. She said, “That’s all settled. Let’s pay for these and go back.”

“Yay!” They all cheer and- “Somi.”

Somi looks at Jihoon and raises an eyebrow. Jihoon gulps and said, “I think I saw your brother kissing someone – I mean your cousin.”

“You’re crazy,” Somi replied as she queues at the counter to pay for all the things. Jinyoung breaks the silence by saying, “He was shocked when he saw us.”

Somi scoffs and said, “I don’t care if he wants to kiss anyone. If he wants to kiss Eun-soo I don’t care because I never like anyone.”

“She’s mad alright,” Mi-ran whispered. Se-hyung nods and- “I am not mad. I’m setting priorities right.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter