#Chapter One

Between Land & Sea {1 Year Hiatus}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Hello Ha Sungwoon. It has been a while since we last meet. How am I supposed to start this? Ah! Thank you for saving me when I was young. Even though we are different people living in different worlds, but you take care of me like I am a part of your family. You rarely visit your parents. They miss you so badly? What a son you are. I know you’re busy so that’s why I forgive you, for now. Gosh why do I feel like I’m going to lose my swag? Whatever. What do I want to say now huh? Let me think… ha! I’m at Daegu as you know and I will work hard to find money to buy a proper house. Se-hyung and Mi-ran are nice to me as usual and Se-hyung still remembers what you did last time. You really embarrassed me that time and it was funny that you think that we’re dating. We didn’t date at all. Please visit them soon and say to them that I’m fine. Okay? See you soon… I hope.’ Sungwoon stares at the letter he got from Somi three years ago. He sighs heavily and said, “So do I.”

Sungwoon shed tears without himself realizing and Jinyoung looks at him. He asked, “Are you okay?”

Sungwoon looks at him and nods. He replied, “I’m fine. I was reading my cousin’s letter.”

Jihoon said, “You must had missed her a lot.”

Sungwoon nods and keeps it inside his pocket and Jisung said, “You never introduced us to your cousin.”

“Right… when we can see your cousin?” Daniel asked. Sungwoon sighs and replied, “Soon. She lives in Daegu.”

“Really? Let’s try to ask our manager if we can go there for a week. You know, we do need a break,” Daniel suggested. The boys nod and Sungwoon nods as well. He said, “The problem is I don’t know where is her new house.”

“…” Everyone keeps quiet after hearing that. Seongwu said, “We can ask for her address for goodness sake.”

“Right… Let me call her,” Sungwoon replied and takes out his phone. He unlocks his phone and the boys look at his phone. Sungwoon looks at them and Daehwi asked, “Is that your cousin’s picture?”

“Yea why? Let me call her,” Sungwoon replied and dials Somi’s number. He calls her and turns on the speaker.

On the other hand, a young woman who is Somi, is eating popcorn at a white sofa in a luxurious villa. Somi is watching TV and she feels extremely bored with life. Mi-ran is at tuition while Se-hyung is playing video games in his room which is above the kitchen. By the way, his room doesn’t have walls and bathroom, so he has to climb down to go to the bathroom. Somi saw the news about a mermaid got caught by the authorities and ends up going to be killed by dawn. She laughs for a moment and said, “She should think twice. Now she’s dead. Dummies.”

“Oh come on you used to drink lots of fish oil and blabbering weird things,” Se-hyung replied as he peeks from above. Somi looks at him and roll her eyes. She replied, “I drank too much. Like when you guys drank too much alcohol, you will say weird things and ended up made someone pregnant.”

“Hey! I didn’t drink alcohol at all!” Somi turns off the TV and suddenly, her phone rings. She takes her phone and gasps in shock. She squeals and answers the phone. She shouts, “YOU PUNK HOW DARE YOU CALL ME NOW?!”

“Somi it’s been a while since we last meet and how dare you call me a punk?!” Somi roll her eyes and replied, “Because you are one.”

Somi hears boys laughing and Sungwoon mutters, “I hate you, cousin.”

“Oh I love myself too,” Somi replied and Se-hyung laughs by the comment. Somi asked, “Why are you calling me all of the sudden?”

“My friends and I will be coming to your house this weekend. We just confirmed with our manager so get ready.” Somi stands and shouts, “WHAT?!”

“Don’t shout!” Sungwoon shouted back. Somi asked, “With who?”

“WANNA ONE members.”

“Great. Just great.”

“You’ll like them, trust me.” Somi laughs and said, “I’ll be happy to burn them all with my words and swag.”

“Don’t you dare do that Somi,” Sungwoon replied. Somi smirks and said, “I won’t promise that.”

“Yah Kang Somi!” Somi ends the call and Se-hyung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter