#Chapter Eight

Between Land & Sea {1 Year Hiatus}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week later, the Ha family, Mi-ran, Se-hyung and WANNA ONE members arrive at a banquet hall located at the heart of Seoul. Somi and the boys carry all the food that Somi made inside the hall while her family and Mi-ran greet the groom and bride. Somi closes the car trunk and walks inside the hall. She looks at the bride and approaches her before they hug each other. Somi said, “Congratulations, boss!”

“Thank you, Somi,” the bride replied. They break the hug and Somi bows at the bride’s family and her boss said, “Most of the desserts are made by her. You should try it.”

“Why do you ask her to make it?” An elder woman, whom Somi believes is the mother, asked. Somi’s boss smiles and replied, “Her cooking skills are amazing.”

“Is she from a noble family?” The grandmother asked. Somi shakes her head and replied, “No. I’m just a normal girl who lives at the village.”

“Food from the village. Makes me go nauseous,” a young woman muttered. Somi’s boss look at her family and looks at Somi before saying, “Thank you for coming here, Somi.”

“You’re welcome, boss. I should be going to my family.” Somi walks to a table and sits next to Jihoon before sighing heavily. They all look at her and Mr. Ha asked, “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine,” Somi replied and the event starts after a few minutes. The food is served and everyone eats while chatting. Somi is a bit gloomy and Jihoon asked, “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine,” Somi replied and eats the gangjeong hangwa she made. Jinyoung tries it and his expression changes. His eyes glistening and said, “This is so good!”

“Thank you,” Somi muttered and Jaehwan said in a worried tone, “You look gloomy.”

Somi stands and said, “I need to check something.” Somi leaves the hall and sits on a bench before burst into tears. She hides her face with her hands and- “I know why you’re gloomy.”

Somi looks up and Daniel sits next to her. He holds her hand and said, “You should say to the family that handmade food is way better than food that you buy from the store.”

“My boss’s family is a rich family. Obviously they don’t like village food except my boss.” Daniel nods and said, “Honestly, the gangjeong hangwa you made is delicious.”

“Is it?” Daniel nods and replied, “It is crunchy and soft at the same time. Most of them finish a whole plate of it.”

“That makes me remind when I made that for Mi-ran and Se-hyung during New Year.” Daniel nods and said, “Don’t mind them. They’re just jealous that they can’t make it better than you.”

“I heard Seongwu has a lot of part-time jobs,” Somi stated. Daniel nods in agreement and replied, “Yes he does.”

Somi’s phone rings. She takes her phone out from her pink hanbok and answers the call. She listens to the caller and said, “I’m supposed to be on a day-off but sure why not? What do you want?”

Somi takes her book and pen out and writes. She keeps writing and Daniel looks at her. He really thinks that Somi is beautiful in her way. He feels like his heart is beating rapidly and made 101 laps. Somi nods and en

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter