#Chapter Four

Between Land & Sea {1 Year Hiatus}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What time she will be home?” Sungwoon asked the next morning. Se-hyung replied, “Maybe tonight.”

Sound of a beep can be heard and Somi walks in. She unties her shoes and said, “I’m changing my clothes then I’ll go out.”

“Where did you go?” Somi looks at him and replied, “Work.”

Somi walks to her room and closes the door. Sungwoon asked, “Does she work nowadays?”

“Since I first met her,” Se-hyung replied.

“Actually, she worked before I met her personally,” Mi-ran replied as she passes by them to get a can of cola from the refrigerator. Sungwoon looks at her and Mi-ran said, “As her cousin, you should know about that earlier.”

“Sorry I don’t,” Sungwoon apologised. Mi-ran roll her eyes and replied, You’re so focused on your career until you don’t know how’s your cousin doing.”

“Seriously I’m sorry,” Sungwoon begged as he looks down. Mi-ran sighs heavily and nods before Somi walks out from her room. She stops as she looks at everyone with a surprised reaction. She asked, “Why are you guys looking at me like that?”

“Nothing!” Jaehwan shouted and laughs to himself. Somi roll her eyes and walks to put on her black sneakers. She stands and leaves the house without having breakfast. Se-hyung walks upstairs and said, “I’m just going to stay up here and play some video games.”

“Yah!” Guan Lin shouted as he runs to the ladder. He said, “I want to join.”

“1 000 won for a game,” Se-hyung replied with a mischievous smirk. Sungwoon hits Se-hyung’s head and Mi-ran said, “Se-hyung’s quite stingy. Just tolerate with it.”

The youngsters join Se-hyung and they all climb up to Se-hyung’s room to play the video game. Mi-ran can only stay quiet and- “Mi-ran.”

“Yes?” Mi-ran looks at Jihoon who surprisingly didn’t join Se-hyung for the video game. Jihoon bit his lips and asked, “Can you tell me about Somi? What does she like and so on.”

“Why?” Jihoon looks down while scratching his head. He replied, “I’m curious.”

“Sure. Why not? I need my payment though,” Mi-ran said in a bossy tone. Jihoon looks at her with glistening eyes and nods eagerly. He said, “I’ll pay you 5 000 for that.”

“Too less,” Mi-ran replied. Jihoon sighs heavily and asks, “10 000?”

“Deal.”

 

“Wow, I never know that you work here,” a female student said to Somi at a clothing store. Somi looks at her and roll her eyes. The girl is Jang Eun-soo, the Head Librarian’s y Secretary of Daegu High School and Somi can’t deny how pretty and perfect she is, compared to her but she rarely cares about it because the beauty inside is more precious than the outside. A beautiful person with a horrible personality is like a fake diamond made out of glass. No value at all. Somi roll her eyes and asked, “Why do you care about that, Eun-soo?”

“Nothing,” Eun-soo replied with a fake smile. Somi nods and asked, “Is there anything I can help you?”

“Somi ah, do you know what I can wear to go out on a date with this one guy I like?” Somi looks at her and asked, “What does he like?”

“Um… he likes something cute. AH! Are my eyes big?” Somi chuckles and replied, “You’re pretty. Your eyes are big too and it’s cute. Why?”

“I’m quite concern about myself,” Eun-soo replied. Somi nods and walks to find the perfect outfit for Eun-soo. Eun-soo smirks devilishly and said to herself in a hush tone, “She is really oblivious. She doesn’t know that I’m going to ask her cousin out.”

Eun-soo purse her lips and asked,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter