Nightmare

Trust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had become a routine for Jimin to wake up in the middle of the night with a sharp pain in his lower abdomen. Tonight was nothing new; he curled up in his bed as clutched his blanket till his knuckles went white. He tried changing his position and hoped that the pain would go away, but it didn’t. With every breath, it only got worst. Jimin’s vision blurred when the new pain wave hit him and he curled into the fetus position clutching his stomach, even if he was feeling like dying when he moved.

The flashbacks of his mother popped in, when he was younger. Every night his mother would come to check on him if he was soundly as sleep. He missed her, even if she wouldn’t stand up for him when he needed her the most. Jimin let his tears roll down on his pillow. It wasn't her fault he knew it very well. The fact was that his father was just cruel but his life wasn't always like that; his world turned upside down when he had told his family that he was interested in the same . His father had hit him, let his mother starve him and had spoken cruel words since he was such a disgrace. His mother had always tended his wounds, but wasn’t allowed to speak a word to him after the truth had come out. His two years younger brother wasn’t allowed near him anymore. His father believed he would influence his younger son too with his disease. He had pretty much become a stranger in his own house, but Jimin was lucky and thankful that he had his hyungs, who gave him strength to pull through.

These were the moments Jimin felt lonely especially when he was in pain. He deep down wanted someone to hold him and whisper sweet nothings to him when he was falling apart, like he was right now. He was loved by his two best hyungs but that was not enough. Jimin another kind of intimacy but he was scared. He would never admit these feelings out loud to anyone. Having enough reasons why someone wouldn’t want him and why he wouldn’t be enough for someone, he tried to move.

After mustering his courage he moved to pick the painkillers from his nightstand; it wasn't a really good idea since his pain only got worse. He decided to take two pills at once because one wasn’t enough to keep the pain away. Jimin rolled himself on his stomach after he gulped the pills with a whole glass of water. His sleep seemed miles away. With the tears running down his cheeks he thought about the moments his mother would sing him to sleep, he tried to find himself some sleep.

 

 

 

Jimin was on the green pathway. Where am I? he thought. He looked around and he found nobody. He was trying his best not to get scared. He could feel the green grass under his feet and it felt really good. He stopped walking and enjoyed the feeling of wet grass under his feet. The birds were chirping and sky was cloudless as the wind blew slowly, the sunlight felt really good on his skin. Suddenly he felt stinging feeling under his feet. After halting his steps, he saw his feet were bleeding but he kept walking and he was in a flower field. Jimin saw the flower field outstretched as far as his eyes could see, different types of flowers but all of them white.

Jimin smiled and he touched a random flower. Suddenly the wind stopped and no chirping was heard anymore. Jimin withdrew his hand as he looked around. He saw nobody and he heard nothing. Jimin put his hand to touch the flower and he plucked it. He brought the flower closer to his nose as it reminded him of someone but he didn’t know who. He started to walk away; he didn’t know where he was going.

Jimin walked deeper into the flower field, suddenly he heard a roar which caused him to freeze. He didn’t dare to turn neither did he want to. Without thinking twice he started to run without knowing where he was going. He wanted to run away but suddenly he felt strong hands grip around his neck. Jimin brought the flower closer to his chest, for some unknown reason he wanted to protect it. He felt someone gripping his waist and pulling him backwards. Jimin yelped and tried to break free but all he felt was sharp pain in his neck and something hot dripped down his chest. As he looked down, Jimin saw his white flower had turned red and he felt his legs gave out and everything turned black.

 

 

 

“Jimin, Jimin wake up!” He heard someone almost yelling desperately and felt a strong grip on his shoulders. A scream left his lips as he opened his eyes. He looked around and found himself back in his room and Jin was holding him tight against his chest. Jimin was shaking and he felt tears running on his cheeks. He touched his neck and he felt nothing. His memory was playing ticks on his as he remembered his fear from six years ago.

“Jimin are you okay?” Jin asked and Jimin was still shaking. Jimin tried saying something but nothing came out, as he started shaking harder.

“Jimin, it’s alright. You are safe now!” He heard Jin assuring him.

“You can sleep in my room.” Jimin felt his eyes getting heavier as he snuggled closer into the other’s chest letting the sugary roses scent make its way into his lungs, and help him to sleep.

 

 

“Jimin kiddo, wake up.” Jimin heard someone calling him and he rubbed his eyes.

"No eomma, let me sleep." He turned and saw his hyung smiling at him. "Oh" left his lips as he felt disappointed since his mother was nowhere to be found.

“Come on, get up. I made breakfast.” Jin said and he patted Jimin’s hair. Jimin hugged his hyung tightly and took his scent in.

“ You are such a baby.” Jin chuckled a little and rubbed his back.

“Freshen up. I will wait for you in the kitchen.” Jin pushed himself off bed breaking free from Jimin’s hug. Jimin pouted and rubbed his eyes because Jin’s scent almost made him fall asleep again. After the flashbacks threatened to resurface he pushed quickly himself off bed.

He shook his head, trying to get rid of the thoughts when he went to the bathroom. After brushing his teeth, Jimin took a shower. He felt the tension slip away from his muscles, when the warm water hit his body. He stood for a couple of minutes enjoying the warm water and started rubbing himself with his favorite strawberry scented shower gel. He tried his best to stop his tears from falling. After stepping out of the shower he put a towel around his waist. He chose something randomly to wear since he didn’t give a second thought about his appearance today.

 

 

Jin was waiting for him at the dining table when he made his way to the kitchen.

“Thank you for the breakfast.” Jimin thanked his hyung and took a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter