Scent

Trust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Whilst Jimin was getting ready for work, wave of pain had hit his lower abdomen again. Jin had suggested taking some days off from work, but he had declined. He needed to go to work in order to see Jungkook and needed to indulge Jungkook to the thoughts that were on his mind and therefore he needed to be at work. But what was he going to say. “Hello Jungkook guess what I know we are mates, but I can’t trust you since I don’t trust people easily.” What was he going to do? Jimin rubbed his forehead in annoyance. Why and when had his life become so complicated? Why can’t things for once go the easiest way? Jimin was still unsure about what he was going to do. He was aware that he would probably never know.

 

Since Saturday he hadn’t taken any suppressants and now he was feeling a bit exposed. Stopping the suppressants caused his scent to come back and Jimin’s skin was more feverish than before. He had learned about omegas’ scent in their heat, so he was aware that it was irresistible for unmated alphas. Out of all of his current concerns, the biggest was how he was going to go to work. Every day he took a bus, but today, he wasn’t really confident in doing so. His symptoms remained the same and so his heat had yet to come through. The doctor had prescribed him pain-relieving pills, which would help reduce his pain during his heat. Jimin remembered that his first heat had hurt like hell. He wasn’t sure if that’s how every single heat would be like or if it was because of the fact that he presented earlier, which resulted in a lot more pain to come with it.

 

If he was honest with himself he wasn’t ready. He wasn’t ready to stop taking suppressants, but he had no other choice. He wasn’t ready to have his heat, but he had made this choice because he wanted pups. Jimin had an idea for what he could do when his heat would arrive. But the question was if it will be effective. One of his other concerns was that most of his colleagues were male alphas. What if his heat comes while he is at work? What if someone tried to hurt him? Will Jungkook be there? What if he lost control and does something stupid? With these troubling thoughts Jimin went downstairs.

 

 

He saw his hyung eyeing him worriedly and they didn’t break the tense silence for a couple of minutes. Jin was the one who broke the silence first, asking Jimin how he was feeling. Jimin’s answer had been the same and short, that he was okay. The older informed him about his scent and it had made Jimin gulp uneasily and he didn’t dare ask any further. He wasn’t ready for all of this. After finishing their breakfast Jin suggested to bring Jimin to work. He was thankful the older had done it on his own. Usually Jimin didn’t want to appear as a helpless little omega which needed to be protected at every moment, but today was different. He knew he would be walking into the lion’s den if he went by bus.

 

 

 

As Jimin made his way to his desk he felt eyes on him. He knew his scent was getting stronger by the day and for this reasons he was feeling exposed again. His alpha colleagues were sniffing the air when he walked past them. It made his gut turn and he felt disgusted. He could see some of the omega looking at him with disbelief in their eyes and soon it turned into envy.

 

“Good morning hyung!” he heard Taehyung and he younger looked really happy. Jimin knew well what the reason was behind it. He felt his heart clench when he realized what he was doing. He was being jealous of his hyung and friend. How could he be like this? He wasn’t like this. He really needed to control his thoughts and his feelings.

 

“Hello Tae” Jimin said looking at the floor, as he didn’t dare look at his omega friend.

 

“Are you okay? You look different.” Jimin could sense his friend’s eyes studying him and it made him feel more nervous.

 

“I am fine. How are you and Hobi hyung?” He tried to divert the others attention to something else. The thought of talking about personal matters was currently not that appealing to Jimin. He did want to talk, but it would be more suitable to talk about this at some other place.

 

“We are doing fine. My heat is almost here, so we can finally mate.” Jimin saw his friend start daydreaming again. He was really happy for them, but he felt empty inside when he thought about himself. Was he going to be alone for rest of his life? No he was going to talk about things with Jungkook and maybe he will be able to understand. He motivated himself mentally and tried to be hopeful. His chances were very low, but he needed to try and trust the alpha.

 

“Hyung?” Jimin snapped out of his thoughts, and saw the omega in front of him with a confused look and narrowed eyes. Taehyung’s face changed to a surprised look while his eyes enlarged as if he had realized something really important. When Taehyung took a step forward Jimin automatically took a step back.

 

“You scent. I can smell it hyung.” Jimin could hear the disbelief in the other’s voice. He didn’t know what to say in response. It is really getting stronger and everyone can smell it by now, he thought as Taehyung continued.

 

“It’s really sweet but it’s still not strong enough but I can clearly smell…oranges and peaches and they are sweet…sweet like you are in heat.” Taehyung said and his eyes still big in disbelief.

 

“I am happy you decide to stop with suppressants, but even if you hadn’t I would still have supported you.” Taehyung explained and Jimin felt a weight lifting of his chest. There was still someone who understood, if he had made the other choice.

 

“Can I give you a hug hyung?” Taehyung asked as he looked at Jimin with his puppy eyes and he had no other choice to give in. Jimin nodded and felt himself relaxing when he inhaled the sweet caramel vanilla scent. He was thankful, that he had found his friends, which cared for him even after he had lost contact with his family.

 

So that’s what I smell like, oranges and peaches. Will the alpha like it? He thought, but he quickly scolded himself at the same time for his absurd thoughts because he was getting his hopes high again. He wanted to knock some sense into himself because this kind of thoughts weren’t good for him. He needed to talk with Jungkook first and then he would see where it all would go.

 

 

Jimin ended his phone call with an important client. It was already 11am but the alpha still wasn’t here yet. Jimin’s heart sank further as he thought about the possibility that maybe he was the reason Jungkook was avoiding being at work. Today Jungkook’s father wasn’t here so that meant the alpha would come, so he was still feeling a bit hopeful.

 

Ever since he came to know that they were mates, his feelings had been out of control and his wolf was restless. He missed the alpha and he wanted to see the bunny smile again, but he wouldn’t dare say it out loud. It didn’t matter much since he had already admitted liking the younger. Even if they hadn’t said much to each other and done something intimate, Jimin still missed Jungkook. He wanted the alpha to take care of him since the pain in his lower abdomen was slightly starting to appear again and he knew only Jungkook’s scent could and would help him. Jimin wanted things to happen between them, but he knew he couldn’t take the first step because he’s the broken one.

 

 

He had finished his reports for an afternoon meeting and had already sent all the important e-mails. So Jimin decided to go the coffee room since he was feeling thirsty. He was in his own world whilst pouring hot water into a teacup with his favourite tea, when he felt hand on his shoulder. He flinched in result and took a step back. It had made him uneasy, that someone was touching him and it was his first day at work without

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter