Hidden Desires

We Are Unbreakable

I came up with an idea and now applying it once again OTL ... Deja Vu part III will be updated next. Been quite busy and my college writing class last month pretty much ate most of my time. I should be more free this month though! This was meant to have mature content but I decided to put it in a lighter mood. Maybe I'll do an alternate ending next time.

---

It is only human for someone to make a mistake in their life. It is actually part of everyone's learning process. But what does it mean when someone knows what's wrong but still have the tendency to deviate and make that mistake? We are all challenged by our wants and our needs. We are also challenged by our desires.

Relationships tend to be a work in itself. Everybody goes through their own turmoil and hardships. What makes it last longer is when every person involved directly in the relationship work hard and communicate to stay together. Sometimes, two people aren't just meant to be. People get cheated on when someone acts upon their hidden desire. Some stay and some leave one another. Things are never the same anymore between two people who stay together when one or both have been unfaithful.

Meet Taeyeon. She's in a relationship with Jessica. They have been together for a few years now. Some may say that their meeting was a whirlwind. The both of them swept each other off their feet at first but as years passed, they slowly got to know more about each other's differences. This caused an enourmous amount of bickering against the both of them throughout their relationship which caused both to question here and there whether they were right for each other and whether they should stay together. However, they still remained together and kept going with their relationship with Taeyeon persevering, knowing the fact that the years they were in were the make or break of the relationship. But with Taeyeon's perseverance comes a struggle.

The amount of stress Taeyeon has had upon her relationship with Jessica has really weighed in on her. She would find herself complaining to her co-workers and friends about what is going on sometimes in her relationship. Her co-workers seem concerned but kept their business within themselves as they feel like it's not their place to say anything about the relationship. Taeyeon's friends, however, think that the both of them should communicate more and compromise as they knew that the chemistry they had were pretty strong and their arguments can sometimes be petty and solved immediately with compromise. However, Taeyeon was the only one who knew the stress this relationship has brought her as she kept some of the things happening within her relationship to herself.

Taeyeon was not one to stray from her relationship. She always was loyal to her significant other, whoever it may be at the time. There was one time though when her eyes were caught fixated onto someone else. Her relationship in the past had already went through its own problems. Taeyeon felt used at the time. She soon found herself drawn to a certain girl she happened to chat with online: that certain girl was Jessica. Taeyeon knew from that moment that her love had truly faded away from her previous significant other. She cut ties with them and proceeded to date Jessica until they became official. Strangely enough, to Taeyeon's own concern, she now felt her feelings for Jessica drift apart and attach with someone new: that someone new named Tiffany.

Tiffany was a new employee at Taeyeon's workplace. Everybody was talking about her the moment she came in. She was well known for her charming eyesmile and her y, husky voice. Her body had its own set of curves that stood out to everyone. Tiffany was regarded as the new most desired woman in their office.

"Taeyeon, I would like for you to show Tiffany how it works around here. I know she'll be in good hands," the supervisor told Taeyeon as she introduced the both of them together.

Taeyeon was immediately awe-struck at Tiffany's beauty and charms. She couldn't believe that she's working directly with someone this gorgeous.

"Y-Yes sir," Taeyeon nodded.

Taeyeon knew she was in deep trouble for feeling like this towards somebody else. She started to question her own feelings for her current girlfriend, Jessica. Does she still love Jessica as much as she wants to believe she does?

"I'm Tiffany. Pleased to meet you," Tiffany held out her hand to shake hands with Taeyeon.

Taeyeon obliged and closed the handshake. She felt a shockwave through her body and her heart beat a little faster.

"Let me show you what we would normally do in the office," she chuckled nervously.

 

During night time, Taeyeon would stay up even though she knew that she should be sleeping early because of her work schedule. But her thoughts distracted her mind and questions lingered above her head. She looked to her side to see her beautiful princess sleeping peacefully next to her. It pained her to even look at her like this knowing that she is struggling with her feelings for her at the moment.

"This is not going to be easy," Taeyeon thought.

Taeyeon was one loyal gal, as she considered herself to be. She dedicated herself to staying true to her wants and needs were and communicated them with whoever she was with. She's very well outspoken, although sometimes can be a bit too outspoken. At one point in her relationship when she expressed a ual dissatisfaction with her partner, she told them about it and she was allowed to freely express their desire with somebody else as long as there were no strings attached to it. Even when that partner of hers was disloyal to her, Taeyeon still thought she should convey her feelings about the situation and get permission from them.

"But this will pass... nothing's going to come out of it," or so Taeyeon thought.

 

Taeyeon made sure to minimize any contact with Tiffany, although sometimes it's inevitable. Taeyeon would then get to know about Tiffany more and more. With every second of knowing more of Tiffany's personality, Taeyeon found herself getting drawn to her even more.

Tiffany, with Taeyeon's observation, is a go-getter. Tiffany knew what she wanted in life and is achieving them however she could. Apart from Jessica, Tiffany was more ambitious. Weird enough, when Taeyeon got to know Jessica, she thought she was ambitious. You see, ambition was something Taeyeon learned to like on someone after her relationship with someone who liked to be lazy and bum around. Taeyeon slowly learned that some of the traits Jessica displayed to her in the beginning were merely a mask to make herself look more appealing. Troubled with the thought, Taeyeon shoved it aside and continued to work with Jessica. But upon the discovery of Tiffany, Taeyeon felt her heart was in a tug-o-war.

Taeyeon also discovered all of a sudden that Tiffany liked people of the same gender. It was completely out of nowhere when Taeyeon discovered that fact. Here she thought Tiffany was as straight as can be and in no way would there ever be a chance for the both of them to even consider doing things together. Now that the word is out, Taeyeon just new she would be in deeper trouble than she thought she would be.

Tiffany knew that Taeyeon was gay from the get-go. Taeyeon's antics were of someone who was confident about who they were. At the same time, everybody at work knew that Taeyeon liked girls. They even know of Jessica. She thought that it was nice to have someone who had the same characteristics as her at work. The both of them came to know each other more and more as they continued to work together but it was also something that both troubled them.

Tiffany knew Taeyeon had a girlfriend even though Taeyeon doesn't normally talk about her whenever they work together. Tiffany found Taeyeon quite unique and appealing in her own way. She knew though that she shouldn't apply those feelings for the fact that Taeyeon is in a relationship. But in the back of her mind, Tiffany was single and she had no other responsibilities. All she knew was that she wanted Taeyeon in a way and would like to at least try before giving up completely.

 

"Good morning Taeyeon, how are you?" Tiffany asked her co-worker, who opened the door for her when she arrived by the restaurant's door.

"I'm doing well so far. How about you?" Taeyeon asked in return as she went back to her duties helping out the supervisor with prepping.

Tiffany went over to the counter to clock-in to work. She looked to the side and watched as Taeyeon prepared the baked goods to be sold for the day. All she could think was how cute and gorgeous the girl was. You see, Taeyeon just had some of the characteristics that Tiffany would like in a girl. Tiffany's morals were going astray just thinking about Taeyeon this much.

As Taeyeon went back and forth preparing to open the shop, Tiffany did the same. They would always clash though, with Taeyeon being in the same general area when Tiffany would pull something out of the cabinets to help open up the shop, and vice versa.

"You always gotta be in my way, huh?" Taeyeon smirked and Tiffany would just give her a light chuckle.

Both can sense that the other may possibly like them. It's just that they have their own morals to think about. A sense of was amongst them that even their supervisor can sense it. The supervisor, however, preferred not to say anything about it as it is none of her business.

Throughout the day though, Tiffany would help Taeyeon when she's not doing anything at the moment.

"It's just to speed things up," she tells herself even though she knows that her reasons were something more than just that.

Tiffany was actually getting closer to Taeyeon for a purpose, and that was to give the other girl subtle hints to see if she gives in. Taeyeon, on the other hand, would be thinking a bunch of things inside her head. She was in a relationship, but there's no doubt she would want to do something with her hidden desire to push Tiffany in the store's bathroom and make out with her there. But Taeyeon, being the dedicated girl that she is to her current girlfriend, couldn't manage to act upon it.

 

After work, Taeyeon would get home and see Jessica. Immediately, she's irritated for no reason. She knew she shouldn't feel this way towards her girlfriend. She loves her, right? The only thing Taeyeon would do at home was distance herself and immerse herself in her phone. It's not as if she would ignore Jessica completely. She did feel that she and Jessica were slowly drifting apart. With all the fighting between them, there's no question as to why Taeyeon felt differently with Jessica. But she tries so hard to think that it's just a passing thing. After all, they're together for a reason. It's just that things at the moment weren't exactly good between them because they're starting to hash out their differences. The puppy love that was once there was now gone. Both of them see each other's true colors real well.

Taeyeon can be a hot head to the delicate Jessica. When things aren't done the way Taeyeon expects them to, she would get mad at her girlfriend. She was already busy as it is with two jobs and her part-time school. Jessica, on the other hand, has one part-time job and nothing else. The least Jessica could do was clean the house when she's on her days off, is what Taeyeon thought internally. So when things aren't organized the way Taeyeon wanted them to, she immediately gets irritated at Jessica.

"Why is it that you demand so much things but yet you don't even seem to do much for me?" Taeyeon would usually ask Jessica out of the blue while they're both laying in the bed watching TV.

"What do you mean?" Jessica would ask, taken aback by the sudden jab at her.

"You want this, you want that. I give you everything and yet I don't even get anything back. You know what I want and you just seem to not do anything about it. All you do is take things," Taeyeon proclaimed in frustration.

"I'm sorry, I'll do better," Jessica would answer back.

Living with Taeyeon had taken a toll on Jessica. She thought she couldn't keep up with Taeyeon's demands, although she understood why her girlfriend would act this way. After all, Taeyeon have given her almost everything she could ask for and she knew she lacked on the 'giving' department. However, Jessica had internal problems she's dealing with inside her head. She just never told Taeyeon how everyday, she's fighting her demons. She knew she was incompetent. She always thought that she wasn't the best thing for Taeyeon, who seemed like the perfect girl anyone can have. Fights like these just remind her of that.

 

With the stress at home, Taeyeon somehow found relief by going to work with Tiffany. Tiffany was her new 'apple of her eye'. Problems seem to go away whenever she would see the sight of Tiffany's charms. The ongoing unhappiness that Taeyeon had with Jessica was slowly overcoming the fact that she had morals. Taeyeon was really close to her tipping point.

"How are things with you?" Tiffany asked Taeyeon as they stood at the counter, waiting for customers.

"I'm good," Taeyeon nodded to her answer, even though it was obvious that things weren't as it seemed.

"You know you can talk to me about anything," Tiffany reassured her.

Taeyeon sighed at the thought of even telling the girl that caught her eye about her own relationship problems. If anything, telling Tiffany about what's going on at home should be the last thing she should even do.

"It's fine. Things will pass," Taeyeon nodded to her answer. She turned to her and flashed her a smile.

"Just know that I'm here to talk if you need to."

Tiffany may be new, but she and Taeyeon have had a lot of heartfelt talks whenever they would prep to open up shop. Taeyeon would always ask Tiffany what's going on with her whenever she saw her quiet and down. Tiffany presented herself as a chatty person so whenever she would come in to work all quiet, Taeyeon knew something was going on. Taeyeon, being the personable person that she is, would ask Tiffany what's going on and talk her through it. She would try her best to cheer people up and Tiffany was no exception.

 

Taeyeon have been staying up late at night wondering what is going on with her life. Did she like how things are going with her work life, her school life, and her relationship life? She would look over at her sleeping girlfriend next to her and think about her relationship.

"Do I still even love her?" she asked herself.

Taeyeon would catch herself daydreaming about Tiffany at night. She dreamt of possibilities that may never happen between them. The thought of pushing Tiffany to the bathroom and having a hot make out session with the girl never left her mind. It was her guilty pleasure.

 

One day, things got so bad between Taeyeon and Jessica to the point that they decided to break up. Things between them were already as bad as it can get but at this point, the limits were pushed, causing the both of them to crack and give in.

"I'm sure you'll find someone better than me," Jessica told Taeyeon as she wept.

Taeyeon was speechless and ignored Jessica. She was mad but she was also experiencing heartbreak.

Jessica packed her belongings and left the house. Taeyeon gave no emotion. She was a 'toughie' and she didn't want to give up her act.

Next thing you know, Taeyeon was all alone in the house and it didn't feel like home anymore.

 

At work, it was evident that Taeyeon was down. The supervisor asked what happened and Tiffany was keen on knowing why her person of interest was off.

"My girlfriend broke up with me," Taeyeon confessed as she held back tears.

"Aw... what happened?" the supervisor asked.

"Things just weren't as good as it seemed. We're just two different people..."

"Do you need a hug?" Tiffany asked as she approached the sad puppy.

Taeyeon leaned in to Tiffany's shoulder without hesitation and Tiffany comforted her in return. The scent of Tiffany lingered on Taeyeon's senses. She smelled nice. It was comforting but it wasn't enough though to ease her pain.

 

Staring at the ceiling, spread out across the spacious bed, Taeyeon mentally slapped herself. She couldn't fathom how she let herself get distracted when she's having relationship troubles. She had thoughts about giving in to her desires for Tiffany, but with everything that happened, she knew she loved Jessica more. With the opportunity to give in to her hidden desires for Tiffany, she didn't want anything to do with it eitherway.

"I'm single now... but if I didn't love Jessica, it wouldn't hurt this much. And here I thought for a second I was excited to finally act up on Tiffany," Taeyeon sighed and physically slapped her cheek.

 

On a day off, Taeyeon decided to pick up some flowers and visit Jessica. Her ex-girlfriend was staying back in her parents' house. The thought of facing Jessica's parents made her nervous. After all, they're very protective of Jessica and the fact that they broke up wouldn't make the situation any better between them. Nonetheless, Taeyeon knew that Jessica's parents rooted for the both of them. They knew Taeyeon was the best thing that ever happened to Jessica.

Taeyeon rang the doorbell to the Jung's house and anxiously waited. She heard the door unlock and saw Jessica opening the door.

"What do you want?" Jessica asked, all smug.

"I came to get you back into my life," Taeyeon confessed and presented the flowers on her hand to the girl in front of her.

"I'm nothing. I'm a complete mess and you know it. Why would you want me back when there's nothing I could offer you?"

"Because I realized... I've been hard on you," Taeyeon admitted. She knew of Jessica's mental state and how the change of living together affected her a lot. Taeyeon was too busy distracting herself with work and school to even focus on the relationship and forgot to realize that Jessica was actually holding the forth down while she elevated her own self, leaving the relationship behind. "You actually do a lot for me than I thought."

"But I'm not the person you think I am... I'm worthless and can't elevate with you," Jessica started to whimper.

"I should have not put you through much pressure... I realize my mistakes..."

On the back of her mind, Taeyeon felt regret. She was thinking of Tiffany all along when the right person was right beside her all along. The person who was helping her elevate. Jessica was the most supportive person she's ever had in her life and she let it go to waste.

"You're actually enough. And I'm sorry I haven't spent time in our relationship together. I was too distracted with myself," Taeyeon confessed, "I'm sorry I wasn't all there for you. But I promise to care for you more than I ever did before if you take me back."

"You're so lame, Taeyeon," Jessica cried, "you literally are free to do anything you want. You could find a nurse, a doctor, whoever you want. But yet, you are here in front of my doorstep asking a low-life back."

"I would rather have that 'low-life' more than anyone else out there. Because that 'low-life'... is the person I truly love the most."

Taeyeon knew that making the decision of taking Jessica back into her life meant that she can't act up on her want for Tiffany. But she also knew that salvaging that lust for her was a better choice than to let go of the person that was there for her no matter how hard life got for her. Jessica was Taeyeon's backbone and support. For Taeyeon, Jessica was the only one to support her and she would hate to lose that over a simple lust that can lead to nothing. In the end, she decided, her hidden desire was meant to be hidden and swept under the rug until it vanished so long as Jessica doesn't disappear from her life.