Seconds of Rekindling

We Are Unbreakable

A/N: I decided to make a quick drabble/oneshot because I'm bored at work. Send help.

______

For one to let go of the past, it takes a long process. They go through a depth of heartache and despair for a very long time until they reach a peak. They reach a plateau of feeling numb, feeling "okay". Soon after, they reach that stage where they feel like they could be happy again. Usually, the past lingers in one's memories, one's heart. This is not any different.

For a brief moment, I saw her. She's still got petite figure, such short physique. She's still got that milky white skin that I have ever so loved. She seemed to have lost some weight but she's still beautiful. She seemed genuinely happy, Kim Taeyeon who was once mine.

I was at the mall with my boyfriend, brushing through the perfume section. Who would have known that we would cross each other's paths once again here in this specific mall.

"Jessica, you should try this perfume," my boyfriend suggested.

I couldn't process what he was saying. The sight of her is too alluring.

"Yes," was all I could respond.

"Earth to my princess?"

It was brief. It was quick. We passed by each other and never said anything. Suddenly, a flash of memories rushed through my brain.

"Jessica, if I was a flower, what would I be?" Taeyeon asked as we brushed by a flower shop on the street.

"A lavender," I quickly answered.

"Why lavender?" she questioned as she turned her head.

"Because you like purple flowers, you always smell good, and you're my stress reliever."

***

"What was that for?"

Taeyeon was blushing madly after I gave her a quick peck on the lips.

"I just love you that much," I smiled at her.

"Is this why you asked me on a seemingly romantic picnic above my apartment?"

"Do you not know how to take hints?"

"I thought you were my friend!"

"Well, I'm your lover now."

I kissed her again.

***

"Nothing ever goes right between us," she said amidst her crying.

"You're wrong with that."

"We fight too much, how am I wrong?!"

"I still love you and you still love me. That's what's right between us."

***

"Let's give up."

It was a surprise visit from Taeyeon... and rather a surprise statement.

"I'll only give up when you do."

"I give up."

Even when years have already passed since our breakup, my heart still seemed to yearn for her. Even if my heart found someone new, my heart still aches for her. It seems like this will be a forever thing between Taeyeon and I. If I ever see her again somewhere, I'll probably still feel the same thing. I'll probably hate every moment of it.

I wonder if she felt the same way just now. Did her heart break a little? Did she remember some of the memories she had with me? But it's pointless isn't it? It's pointless to wonder how a person is feeling when you damn well know... that the person will never be in your life again.