Lonely Planet

We Are Unbreakable

A/N: Has it really been that long since I last updated? I swear I thought it was just last month when I did. Anyway, I will update Deja Vu part II at some point next week maybe. But meanwhile, I would like to post a short update inspired by Bang Yedam's WAYO song. This kid has got the talent I swear since KPOPSTAR. Take a listen!

---

The clock is ticking, it never stops. Time doesn't slow down for anyone. I'm laying on my bed, staring at the white ceiling. Everything feels so empty. In these sheets where I used to lay next to you, your scent never left. It feels as if it was just yesterday when you left me, but I know it's been forever.

Sleepless nights were the result of your words. Nothing feels the same anymore. My world turned upside down when you said those words. "It's better this way," was what you said. But how is it not better for me?

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

My alarm just rang. It's now 7am. I was awake the whole time. My eyes were like a projector replaying our memories against the white blank walls. It's time for me to get up for work but my body tells me I need to rest. If you were here, my nights would have been comfortable. If you were here, my mornings would be filled with happiness.

But why, why can't this work out?

 

As I walked through these crowded streets, I feel alone. Someone who was once beside me was now gone, never to exist in my world again. Nothing means anything anymore. My future turned upside down. It feels like I don't belong in this world anymore. Maybe I should just end it all.

"Taeyeon!"

I turned around at the sound of my name. My eyes envisioned that it was you running after me. Soon enough, my eyes went back to reality. It was Sunny all along.

Sunny caught her breath for a minute and slapped me in my arm.

"Yah! Why haven't you been answering my phone calls?!" she demanded.

I grabbed my phone from my pocket. I saw a lot of missed calls from several people. Sadly, none of them were from you.

"I thought you were dead!" Sunny exclaimed.

In all honesty, that's just how I feel right now. I'm dead. I'm dead to the world. My feelings are numb. My whole life is numb.

Sunny proceeded to walk with me to work. Normally, it was just us two walking side by side until we have to part ways going to our separate workplace. I'm glad to have supportive friends. I know Sunny didn't do this because it was a coincidence. She's filling up the empty shadow right next to me. Your empty shadow.

 

After work, I was back to being alone inside my apartment. It doesn't feel like coming home to anymore. You're not there, the only reason I could call it home. The apartment felt so empty and quiet. It was just too eerie for me. The living room where we used to chase each other was dark. The kitchen where we used to make a mess together was clean and pristine. Everything was organized well. I hate it.

I dropped my bag to the side and lay on my bed. I'm staring at the same blank ceiling once again. It seems like a routine. The clock is ticking beside me. Everything is quiet. My breath echoed through the room. Maybe if I stopped breathing, everything would be okay.

*RING RING RING*

My phone rang this time. I had turned the sound on when my colleagues complained earlier how I missed their phone calls. It was Sunny calling once again.

"You little twerp! Is it going to take you a million years to answer your phone?" she yelled, "get dressed! We're going out!"

"Fine," I sighed and hung up.

The thought of going out doesn't sound pleasing at the moment but I know I needed it. I got up and got dressed appropriately. Since I still had my make up on, it didn't have to take long for me to get dressed. I still smelled fine. I'll just shower later.

After about 15 minutes, my doorbell rang. I took my purse with me. I knew it was Sunny.

"Yah! Hurry up!" Sunny yelled at the intercom.

I stepped outside to find Sunny and the rest of the gang. They were all here for me, trying to cheer me up even though they know you're the only one that could. They were all smiling. They shined too bright for my darkness' liking.

 

They took me to a stall out in the street to have some dinner and drinks together. I didn't want to be a let down but I guess I'll just fake a smile. I'm not fine but I'll do it for them. They shouldn't be bothered with my misery. It was all my fault, isn't it? What could I have done right? You would have been with us and I wouldn't have to fake all of it.

After a round of drinks came, everybody just kept pouring shots for me. I didn't feel like drinking. I felt like throwing up. They encouraged I drink up eitherway. Maybe it'll heal my broken heart. Four years of wasted time down the drain. I'll drink up to our buried future.

Just when I least expected it, I saw a small group of friends come in to the stall. Among them was you. My eyes grew wider and so did yours. My world stopped for a second even when I hear the clocks keep on ticking. You turned around at the sight of me. Your friends were bewildered. Should I run after you? I need answers.

"Yah! Taeyeon! Where are you going?!"

I didn't know but my feet kept moving. I don't know what I'm doing anymore. Is it the alcohol helping me?

"Jung Sooyeon!" I shouted.

You never stopped walking away together with your friends, who just looked at me weird.

"What did I do? I'm so desperate! I don't deserve this! Jung Sooyeon!" I shouted once again but it fell on deaf ears.

Next thing you know, her image left my view. I sunk to the ground. My eyes were flooded with tears. It never stopped. I must look like a fool right now.

"Taeyeon! Come on!" Sunny held me up. Everybody else was behind me. "There's no use to it anymore. Let it go."

"But I didn't do anything wrong!" I bawled.

"I know Taeyeon," Sunny held me in an embrace, trying to calm me down, "but it's for the best. You don't need this."

I must have looked like a joke. Never would have I thought I would ever get to this point in my life. But why am I the only one suffering through it all? Is it really over between us? Do we have a standing chance? What if I just forget everything? Will we be reunited? Everything is too dark. I don't think I can live like this, Jessica.

---

A/N: I'm sorry if it may be a bit all over the place or messy. I just listened to the song last night and got inspired. I also listened to the song in the background and typed whatever I felt like fit the narrative.