Deja Vu: Let's Meet Again

We Are Unbreakable

A/N: Hey there! Here's my last shot for the Deja Vu series. Hold onto your tissues if needed be. And thank you for the comments, subscriptions, and upvotes for this oneshot thread! I appreciate it greatly!

-------------------------

Jiwoong and I have been getting closer, if anything. Our parents did seem to want us to be together for some reason. Jiwoong was completely fine with it but I still had my reservations. After all, my heart belonged to someone, and that someone was Kim Taeyeon. Now with the realization that she had been getting the same visions as I do, it made everything make sense. The reason why she was avoiding me all along was because of the fact that we'll both just end up in tragedy. But I'm selfish, in a way. I wanted to be with Taeyeon and I couldn't live without her.

Our graduation was around the corner. Finals was about to start the next day. Taeyeon and I have been studying together... well more like I'm being tutored by her. I knew she would make it out perfectly fine while I'm struggling with understanding everything.

"Come on, how much more should I explain it to you? I literally explained it in different ways," Taeyeon sighed as she threw the textbook to the side, gripping her hair out of frustration.

"But Taengoo, I seriously don't understand it," I whined, "I give up!"

Whenever Taeyeon tutored me, she tried her best to avoid any advances I made. Eventually, I gave up and just accepted her tutoring platonically. After all, she knew what she wanted everything to be and I knew she would definitely do her hardest to achieve whatever she wanted to achieve. I am a mere distraction from her goals and I should stop annoying her probably. When you love someone, you have to let them do their own thing, right?

"You can't give up now or my mom would kill me!" Taeyeon yelled.

All of a sudden, there was a knock on the door. Taeyeon asked them to come in and in went Jiwoong with a tray of iced coffee. Jiwoong knew I loved iced coffee and it was probably his way to swoon me.

"I think you guys need some 'pick me up'. Why don't you both take a break?" Jiwoong chuckled as he placed the tray of iced coffees on top of Taeyeon's desk.

"Thanks oppa!" Taeyeon cheered as he ran to her desk to grab a glass of iced coffee.

Jiwoong motioned for me to get the other glass. In all honesty, his face annoyed me since I knew the both of us were being set up. But at the same time, it's not his fault. He didn't know that I loved Taeyeon. He didn't know that who I wanted really was his very own sister.

"Thanks Jiwoong," I told him as I got up of Taeyeon's bed and walked towards her desk to grab a glass of iced coffee as well.

"Alright, I'll leave you two alone," Jiwoong smiled and turned to his sister, "and Taeyeon, you should stop being hard on Jessica."

"Try tutoring her and you can understand my frustration," Taeyeon groaned, causing Jiwoong to laugh.

"Alright, alright. I'll get going now."

"Thanks again, oppa," Taeyeon smiled as we both watched Jiwoong leave the room and close the door behind him. She turned to me afterwards and uttered, "you should take very good care of him. You see how nice he is?"

Her comment irritated me. How can Taeyeon play it foolishly? She knew she's all I wanted. How much more can you act like nothing happened?

"Taeyeon, I think you and I both know who I really want," I snarked.

"Yes, you want to get an 'A'."

"Stop it!" I yelled. I placed the iced coffee back on the tray and took Taeyeon's iced coffee, spilling a little on her floor, and placed it on the tray as well.

"Ya!" she yelled back, complaining about the spilled coffee on the floor.

I pushed Taeyeon over to her bed, frustrated and mad. She was yelling at me and was also fighting back as I had her pinned on the bed.

"Shut up!" I shouted at her.

"Get off of me right now, Jessica!"

I was too mad and I didn't care at all. I immediately placed my lips upon hers, stopping her from her screams. She was fighting back at first until she slowly mellowed down and kissed me back. Our fingers intertwined and our lips brushing against each other. My heart was pounding too fast that I felt like I was about to faint at some point but Taeyeon's lips upon mine sent electricity through my veins, keeping me up and energized. Her lips were really soft and it just felt so good.

"Jess..." she muttered underneath her breath as we broke the kiss for a moment.

"I love you, Taeyeon. I can't do this. I can't pretend that I don't!"

My body all of a sudden collapsed on top of hers. I felt her hands wrap around my body as tears started to flow from my eyes. I didn't want to keep this facade going. I wanted Taeyeon and I wanted us to be together.

"You know, as much as it hurts me, I really would rather you be alive," Taeyeon mentioned as she cooed me.

"I can't pretend to like your brother and I can't pretend I'm not in love with you. I would rather die," I told her. But then a question popped up in my head. I pushed away and stared at her below me once again and asked, "did you just happen to just want to be alive in general."

"Well..." she looked away, "... I can't lie. I want to live longer and achieve the goals that I want."

"I see..." I pulled away and sat up from the bed, wiping my tears away. How stupid could I be? Of course, Taeyeon had her own life to live. I can't keep being selfish.

Taeyeon sat up and looked at me, grabbing me by the shoulder to grab my attention. I didn't budge. I just didn't know how to process everything that had been going on and what was going on between us at the moment.

"I... care about you a lot too, Jessica. Don't you think this decision is hard for me to do?" she asked.

"It's alright. I understand you," I nodded and turned my head towards her, "you live your life and I live mine."

"Right..."

 

The test results finally came out. Although I didn't get an 'A' as what everybody wanted, I still passed with a 'B' for finals. My family were very proud of my achievement as they couldn't believe that I could rise above my low average grade. It was all thanks to Taeyeon and her family after all for providing me the tools and time I needed to pass with flying colors. The stressful days of high school were finally gone and we are just about to be on our way towards graduation.

It made me sad, thinking about the fact that all of us would be graduating. Senior year was a huge turning point for me after all. It was the year that I got out of my status quo and meet the person I would love and want to love for my whole life. Sadly, graduation would be the day that Taeyeon and I would go our separate paths to pursue what we wanted to do in life. But that doesn't mean we wouldn't be able to reconnect if they're still pushing Jiwoong and I together.

"Taeyeon! I can't believe it!" I shouted as I waved my test results.

"Congratulations, Jessica," Taeyeon smiled at me.

"We did it!"

"No, you did. Believe in yourself," she replied with a wink.

"Now it's just about time we graduate..."

The thought really made me sad. Taeyeon wouldn't be sitting close to me anymore.

"Yeah, it will be a new beginning."

 

Graduation day in high school was a huge event for the students of course. It marks a new beginning and a new hardship, venturing on to the life of adolescence. Students will have the choice of moving out of their hometowns to study at different colleges. They will now be held and treated like an adult. New responsibilities will be placed upon us and we'll have to rely more on ourselves more than anything.

I decided to make amends with my crew: Yoona, Sunny, and Yuri. I was worried for a little bit that they may just snub me but thankfully they were amicable. They ended up graduating but with low GPA's. I have to say that I'm thankful to have been tutored by our class year's Summa Laude, Taeyeon.

"I guess we shouldn't have been too jealous about what was going on between you and Taeyeon," Yuri admitted.

"Yeah, we should have just joined in on your little study group so we could have graduated with a better GPA," Yoona sighed.

"It's okay. At least we are all graduating, right?" Sunny tried to cheer them up like the usual happy pill that she was.

"I'm glad we were all able to make ammends," I told them with a smile. It makes me happy that we wouldn't leave each other in a bad note. After all, they were my friends for the longest time.

We went to our seats afterwards as the ceremony started. Everything else wasn't important as it was until every single one of the graduates from our year got their fake diplomas from the stage. It felt so surreal that I was graduating with a higher GPA than what I would have expected for myself. Again, it was all thanks to Taeyeon.

After we got our fake diplomas, the magna laude and the summa laude was supposed to make a speech. The magna laude went first and then the summa laude, the love of my life, went after. Taeyeon was freaking out the whole time when she was practicing her speech. I actually had to tutor her in the end on how to present a speech that wouldn't be too boring for everyone.

"Friends, family, students..." Taeyeon began nervously, "... it is with great honor that I had a chance to graduate with each and everyone of you. You may not even recognize me at all as I was mostly alone and all the sidelines. Even though I have spent most of my times alone, I used those times to observe each and everyone of the students here graduating today. Some were reckless. Some were mean. But some were also kind enough and turned their life around."

Upon hearing that, I thought she was referring to me... or is she? I just suddenly saw her gaze towards my direction after a brief pause and a smile before turning back to the audience.

"After high school, life will probably be harder as we venture into a new world. We will now be fully held for our actions and a lot of other matters. From today onward, let's start a new beginning of growth within ourselves and look back to our high school days as a lesson full of wonderful memories."

Taeyeon's speech was short but bittersweet. I was expecting something longer as she had rehearsed it with me so many times but I guess that speech would do as well, knowing just how much of a shy girl she was.

 

After the ceremony, my family gathered together with Taeyeon's family. Jiwoong presented me with flowers and I accepted it, looking at Taeyeon as well. Taeyeon didn't really seem to care too much as she looked away and talked to her little sister, Hayeon.

"Congrats Jessica," Jiwoong told me after giving me the flowers.

"Thank you," I thanked him with a smile.

"So... where should we go and celebrate your graduation?" my mother asked everyone.

"We should probably stop by that Italian place downtown," Mr. Kim recommended.

"Sounds like a plan!" my dad agreed, "we'll meet you there!"

"Wait!" Taeyeon stopped everyone before they moved on, "I forgot something. Jessica, would you go with me?"

Forgot something? What the hell did she forget?

"Sure," I nodded and followed Taeyeon.

"Did you want me to go with you guys?" Jiwoong asked.

Taeyeon turned to her brother and told him, "no, we should be fine. We'll just meet all of you in the parking lot."

"A-Alright then," Jiwoong nodded in compliance.

"You guys better hurry up! I'm starving!" Krystal demanded with crossed arms.

I didn't know where Taeyeon was taking me nor did I know what she exactly forgot. If anything, she didn't really bring much of anything when she came to the graduation ceremony. So what did she forget exactly? Eitherway, I kept following her through the school's halls. It was empty, which was pretty eerie as I'm just so used to the halls being crowded.

"Here," Taeyeon motioned me to come inside the women's locker room.

What the hell did she forget inside the women's locker room? She doesn't even go here?! Eitherway, I followed Taeyeon inside. She peeked in and looked around to see if anybody was around. After making sure that nobody was around, she grabbed me by the waist and leaned in to kiss me. Wait... what?! Her warm lips were placed against mine and were just moving on its own. Her grip went tighter on my waist as she pulled me closer, leaving no room for space in between us. I wrapped my arms around her neck, making the kiss more intense than it ever was.

Suddenly, the sprinklers came on, disrupting us from our make out session. We looked up as the sprinkler system poured water above us with the fire alarm blaring in the background. It was as if it was raining. We both just looked at each other and bumped heads, continuing our make out session after. Taeyeon pulled away a little afterwards.

"Look... I've been giving it some thought and..." Taeyeon started, "I was thinking about everything. I love you too, Jessica, and I would hate to see you with my brother if I want to be completely honest right now. But are you sure you're ready to face the consequences of us being together?"

Taeyeon probably couldn't really see it at the moment but I was blushing real hard and my heart was pumping loudly, probably louder than our last make out session back in her room. I leaned over, kissing Taeyeon's forehead.

"I was ready. I was just waiting for you the whole time," I told her, "I would rather die happy, without regrets, being with you more than with anybody else. I can't pretend and I'm not good at pretending."

"Then let's face this ed up destiny together... Jessica," Taeyeon smiled and pulled me in for another kiss.

 

We spent our college years apart sadly. We may be together but we were far apart from each other. I turned Jiwoong down and explained to my family how I don't think I can work it out with him. Both sides of the family were sad about it but understood. Jiwoong was a little heartbroken about the whole thing but he didn't really fret much about it thankfully.

"You can still always come to me whenever you need the help," Jiwoong assured me, "after all, you're my younger sister's best friend. I will consider you my younger sister from now on."

Right... best friends. I laughed at the thought. Eventually, Taeyeon and I would have to face the facts and tell both our families about it. We are in conservative South Korea after all. Although being gay isn't anything new anymore, some people are still irked about it. I'm not entirely sure how both our families would handle it, but I want to proclaim my love for Taeyeon. I didn't want to hide anything.

When Taeyeon and I did meet up, the constant worry about the disaster happening between us was always in the back of our heads. It made us extra anxious but whenever we would hold each other's hands, it gave us extra strength on what destiny had for us. Instead of hiding it longer, since we were going to end in disaster anyway, we decided together that we were going to tell the both of our parents... with the both of us in each other's side.

My mother cried over it and my father was a bit more understanding. My mother always thought that I was going to end up marrying Jiwoong or some other guy as I didn't seem to have an inch of me that shouted that I liked girls at all. She was shocked about it and wanted some more time to understand it. Taeyeon's parents were also a little disappointed but a bit more understanding. Jiwoong was shocked about it and felt as if a joke was played on him.

"All along I was trying to pursue Jessica, but I didn't know my little sister was already way ahead of me," Jiwoong laughed.

"I should've said it sooner," Taeyeon admitted, "I've always had feelings for Jessica but I just didn't know how to respond to it."

"It's alright. I'm just surprised you were able to get into a relationship," Jiwoong teased.

"Ya!" Taeyeon yelled and they proceeded to bicker at each other back and forth.

After telling our families about it, Taeyeon and I spent our night in an Airbnb room to give all of them space and time to take it all in. We didn't really expect any of our parents to understand as they come from different times where loving someone from the same gender was still considered too taboo. We'll probably be judged by our parents the whole time, but we also had each other to support and love which was the best feeling I could ever feel at this point of my life.

"Together..." Taeyeon formed half a heart with her hand.

"... Forever," I finished as I formed the other half of the heart.

Suddenly, we felt the building shake. My heart started beating faster and faster. I looked at Taeyeon and she looked back at me. It was as if we both knew that this was all our doing. But we faced it together.

"Let's get out of here," Taeyeon told me as she held my hand.

I nodded in compliance and we both ran out of our room as the building kept on shaking. We heard things falling and saw everyone freaking out inside the complex. Everybody was pushing each other around, wanting to save themselves selfishly. Taeyeon and I got shoved around but we held a tight grip of each other's hands. We eventually got out of the building complex to see the building crumbling down.

"I think it's time, Jessica," Taeyeon uttered as she looked at the building, turning to me afterwards.

"I guess so," I responded.

Not long after, we heard a beeping sound from a distance. A truck was just running rampant and before we knew it, Taeyeon and I were in the same spot as we were in our deja vus and our past accident. We both still had our hands held tightly together, not letting go of one another. This time, we were ready to face it.

 

I woke up inside a room with white walls. I heard a buzzing sound coming from something like a monitor. All of a sudden, I realized that I was alive? My family was there sobbing for me. But I don't understand. Why are they still sobbing if my eyes were clearly wide awake? Am I inside a hospital?!

"Mom? Dad? Krystal?" I uttered.

"Jessica," my mom wept, "I'm sorry. We shouldn't have left in a bad note."

"Unnie, why did you leave me so early?! You're my bestest friend!" Krystal cried.

"I don't understand..."

I sat up from the hospital bed and tried to touch my mother, only to find out that my hand went through her body. I freaked out because it was too surreal. I looked behind me and saw myself laying down seemingly asleep. But if the monitor is a flat line, then that means...

"Are you ready, Jessica?"

I turned towards the sound of the voice and saw Taeyeon standing there.

"You can see me?!" I questioned.

Taeyeon nodded and held out her hand, "it's time to cross over."

I stepped out of the hospital bed and reached over Taeyeon's hand. I looked back at my family and can't help but feel really sad about the whole thing. I loved each and every one of them and I hate that I have to see them this way.

"It really happened, did it?" I asked Taeyeon.

"Sadly, this is the path we chose even with the warnings," Taeyeon explained, "but there's nothing we can do about it now."

"You're right," I nodded and smiled at her, "no regrets."

"No regrets," she smiled back at me.

Suddenly, a very light portal looking thing formed right beside us. It was very windy and it feels like we were about to get immediately into another dimension.

"Let's meet each other again, Jessica. And hopefully this time, we would stop wasting time and maybe change our soul's destiny with each other."

"Hopefully so."

We held a tight grip on each other's hand and stepped into the light portal. As sad as I am leaving everything and everyone behind, I wouldn't have it any other way. I have my soulmate with me and we will face destiny with the consequences we have. We will survive this forsaken fate between us in the next world we live in. We will change the future, together, forever.