Drawing Our Moments

We Are Unbreakable

A/N: How's it going? Here I am to provide a sequel with Lost Stars. It was going to be based on some other song, I believe, but I forgot which one and I wanted to substitute with Taeyeon's new songs. This song seemed to fit more into the storyline so here goes! Also, have you guys heard that Jessica released a book called "Shine"? I couldn't believe that she wrote a damn fanfic LMAO! I'm looking forward to reading it as I know some of it is from her perspective and probably definitely something that had happened to her... hint hint 9 girls? So slick Jess!

---

My heart was beating so loudly. Why is it happening again? As I laid upon her shoulders, the moonlight reflecting upon her milky white face, I couldn't help but think I must have won a jackpot or something. I was in a bout of loneliness and suddenly God gave me her. What did I do to get this lucky? How did I deserve this? Even then, I'm not sure if this is just a one time thing or if I even have a chance to prolong this meeting with her.

The next day, I woke up early as if by normal body response. I usually woke up early to go to work and it seemed as if my body had adapted to it. I noticed to my side that the huge baby was still sleeping. God, I could just look at her forever. But I might as well do something for her before proceeding onto my day. Again, I shouldn't get my hopes up anyway. I slowly got up without making too much noise, putting my shirt on and proceeding to the kitchen.

Her apartment wasn't that bad. It seemed like she was living well off for a person who was single. I wonder what she did for work? Her whole apartment was very modern, all the way down to her furnitures. They were all an accent of black, white, and gray... with a little bit of red here and there. She's pretty clean as well but I do see a mess on her coffee table. I looked over and her colored pens were scattered across the table and there were three open coloring books. She does seem like a bit of a child with some artistic mind. I looked up to her TV station as well and saw a bunch of PS4 games. She must be a gamer girl too. I should probably stop snooping around and just proceed to the kitchen to cook something before she wakes up.

 

"You know you didn't have to cook," she told me as she stretched her back.

I was surprised to see her awake. How did I not hear her coming? Maybe I was just too focused and overthinking about a lot of things again. I greeted her with a smile at least.

"Good morning, I figured you would want some breakfast. I'm not much of a good cook but I could at least make some quick and easy dishe," I told her as I went back to focusing on my cooking.

"That's more than anyone of my one night stands have done for me."

That was a weird comment but it did make me feel good and a bit disheartened for some reason. But of course, why am I acting this way? She's single and she's had a bad past with lovers before. Maybe I was just one of those one night stands that she'll eventually forget.

"Did you need any help?" she offered.

"No, I should be fine. Just go ahead and sit down."

Now it's bothering my mind. Jessica, snap out of it! You shouldn't be obsessing or falling for someone you just met last night! You shouldn't expect something more! But what the heck, she's beautiful, cute, and a smooth talker. She's also got an alluring smell and I love it.

As soon as I was done with the cooking, I turned the stove off and grabbed two plates from her kitchen pantry, bringing it over to the counter where she was sitting by. I carefully transferred one fried egg on each plate and brought over two small packs of yogurt that I grabbed from her fridge. After that, I took the salad bowl filled with caesar salad I mixed beforehand.

"I hope you at least like it," I smiled at her.

"It does smell good though. I appreciate you cooking breakfast this morning, Jessica," she smiled back.

I seriously could not get enough of that smile. I want to see more of it.

 

As soon as we were done eating, Taeyeon put the dirty dishes away while I went up to her room to put all my clothes on and get everything together. I was thinking if this should be over. Maybe I should at least strike a chance.

I looked around for a piece of paper at least and looked at her trash filled with nothing but crumpled papers. I dug each one of them until I found a blank space to write something on. Soon as I found one, I tore that part off and searched for a pen nearby. I wrote my number and a little message for her. I placed it on her bed afterwards. Suddenly, she went inside the room. Hopefully she'll see it later.

Taeyeon escorted me out the door afterwards. What a gentlewoman you are.

"Until next time," I smiled and bowed at her.

"Get home safely," she nodded.

I smiled at her one last time. She sure knew how to make me blush. I turned around before I couldn't take it anymore and act all crazy obsessed in front of her. Hopefully by the time I turn around the block, she'll be back in her room, finding my little paper note.

 

Days passed and I received no message on my phone coming from Taeyeon. I shouldn't have hoped for too much and moved on about my day. I'm acting like a high school kid waiting for her lover to message her while looking at her phone every second of the day. My co-workers are starting to think something's wrong with me.

"Ya! Jessica, don't tell me you're falling immediately in love with that girl you hooked up with a week ago!"

Has it really been a week since I've seen her?

"It's crazy, isn't it Yuri?" I sighed. All my hopes and dreams went down the drain. I probably shouldn't expect for more.

"What were you expecting from a person that had with you immediately on the first night? Not even a date or anything and you guys already did it," Yuri laughed.

"You're so mean! I was hurting! She was good though," I smirked.

"Spare me the details, I don't need to know. Anyway, are you even sure that you're not just heads over heels for this girl because of the fact that you were just hurting and she was there to please you at the time you needed it?" she questioned. She sure does have a point.

"You're right. Maybe she was just a quick rebound and I should just brush it off."

"Isn't she your first girl?"

Come to think of it, I've never really fully done it with a female before. I've kissed girls before when I was in middle school and high school but it was all a secret. I've had some boyfriends here and there though and everyone knew about it. At least I'm not closeted anymore.

"Well it's good that you've at least enjoyed your time with a girl... was she better than the guys you've done it with?" she asked in curiosity.

"Come to think of it, it was definitely better... I felt like we had a connection..."

There was a moment of silence until Yuri started bursting out laughing.

"Ya! What's wrong with you?!" I smacked her in her arm.

"Ow!" she yelped mid-laugh, "maybe you are a lesbian! You haven't enjoyed it with your past boyfriends at all. Or maybe even biual, I don't know. Figure yourself out, Jessica!"

What am I? I didn't care much about labels. I like who I like... and I enjoy what I enjoy.

 

It was raining as I got out of work. It was 6pm and it was a bit dark out but there's a bit of sunlight that enlightened the rainy sky. I pulled my umbrella out and started walking towards the bus station. My mind was filled with thoughts once again as I walked over. The smell of rain was refreshing. The sound of raindrops upon my umbrella provided a blissful feeling. Maybe Yuri was right. I shouldn't have hoped for something more. Taeyeon was just a quick rebound.

I stood by the bus stop, waiting for the bus. I was surrounded by people that were waiting for the bus to arrive as well. I looked over to the direction of the oncoming traffic to see if the bus is anywhere near. It was pretty cold outside, especially with the wind chill hitting my face. I hope the bus would come soon.

I looked across the road and saw a woman running towards the bus stop. My eyes followed her until she got some cover under the bus stop shade. There she is, Taeyeon.

Taeyeon was all wet from the rain it seemed. Funny how my eyes found her all of a sudden. Has she always been here before and I'm just now noticing her? Or was this a coincidence? Her long locks were all wet from the rain, her bangs were stuck on her forehead and the locks on the side of her face were hugging onto her cheeks. Her skin was ever so flawless and her pronounced red lips contrasted with how bright her skin was. She was wearing a long brown coat and a brown plaid scarf. She was also wearing dark brown leather pointed boots. What a fashionista.

It appears that Taeyeon caught me staring at her from afar as our eyes met all of a sudden. I didn't turn my gaze away from her and so did she. She looked towards the pedestrian lane for a bit and started walking over. The rain was constantly flowing. What was she thinking? Nevertheless, my eyes followed her every move. I saw that the bus was arriving, completely disseminating any sight of Taeyeon. Everyone behind me started going up to the bus while I was wondering all the while where Taeyeon was. I looked over to my left and saw the familiar figure running towards me. Soon after, the bus started driving away as she stopped in front of me.

Taeyeon was panting lightly, her hair was even wetter than earlier but the way her hair hugged her face looked y in a way. Every motion she made, it was as if it was in slow motion. Her eyes opened and closed in front of me slowly. Her hair swayed slowly. Her lips moved slowly... until I woke myself up from this monologue.

"Hey!"

"H-Hi..."

What am I supposed to say now? I wasn't expecting to see her again... although I'm really glad I did! I didn't even have to chase after her. She did! And somehow, that made me want to cry a bit. My heart was beating so fast and I was feeling the same feelings I did that night when I was laying right next to her.

"I saw the note you left me... I'm sorry I didn't contact you at all."

"I... wasn't really expecting you to," I chuckled in embarassment. Get yourself together Jessica!

"Oh..." she looked dismayed, "... well I was wondering if you wanted to get some ramen noodles. My treat?"

"Sure thing," I smiled.

Taeyeon smiled back and once again it was in slow motion in front of me. Why does my head keep doing this to me. My heart is about to explode!

 

We reached a nearby convenience store and Taeyeon purchased two ramen bowls. I was waiting for her while I was sitting by one of the tables inside the convenience store. I looked outside and the rain seem to have gone stronger. Raindrops started to clash upon the glass window of the convenience store, blurring my sight to the outside world. I looked over as Taeyeon placed the ramen bowls on the table and proceeded to sit in front of me.

"I... didn't think I was going to see you again, to be honest."

"I didn't think so either."

I wanted to say just how badly I waited for her to send me a message but that just sounds so desperate does it?

"I don't know, Jessica. I thought you were just broken that night and you just needed a sense of temporary relief."

"Well aren't you broken inside too?"

Taeyeon looked over, surprised by my question, and she shyed away by looking down and mixing her ramen noodles.

"I left you that note for a reason."

"I know... I just didn't want to jump through and have the same thing happen to me over and over. Rebound after rebound, it's all just a game it seems," she sighed and looked up into my eyes, "but I am glad to see you again. It must be fate."

I really wanted to smack her in the back of her head so hard but, of course, I'll leave that for some other time. I'm just glad I'm seeing this beautiful babyface in front of me. Her smile was contagious and I couldn't get enough of staring into her eyes.

I watched as she slurped into her ramen noodles. She seemed really hungry. Maybe she's just now finally eating after a good day's work. Taeyeon seemed to have noticed me watching her so she looked up and wondered what I was doing.

"Did you not want to eat?" she asked.

"Sorry... I just couldn't believe I would ever see you again."

"Ya!" she laughed, "don't embarrass me now."

I shook my head. Somehow, I couldn't stop staring at her... as if I was drawing her face into my head.

 

We went back to her place afterwards. She shrugged as she warmed up and took her coat off. I closed my umbrella and placed it on the side of her entryway. I took my coat off and placed it on her coat rack. I proceeded inside, having that familiar smell upon my nose once again. Her coffee table seemed untouched as the coloring books were still open and the colored pens were still scattered. It seems though that she's colored a different page on one of the books this time.

"Do you want something to drink?" Taeyeon offered as I walked my way towards the couch.

"Something warm would be nice," I replied.

"Tea it is," she smiled and turned to the kitchen to make some tea.

After preparing the tea pot on the stove, she walked over to the couch and sat next to me. She grabbed the remote from the side and gave it to me.

"I have Netflix and other TV apps you could choose from. Or you could choose any channel from the cable if you'd like. You're my guest. Make yourself comfortable."

I accepted the remote from her and brushed through her TV apps. I didn't know which one to choose. I just wanted to talk but it did seem pretty awkward. I just want the silence to be broken. I went through the TV channels and just switched to any of them. Most of the channels at the moment were playing news. Dramas should be airing not too long from now. I'm feeling pretty nervous, for some reason, sitting right next to this attractive human.

"We could just watch a movie if anything," she suggested as I seemed to be indecisive on which to choose.

"Right... what kind of movies do you like to watch?" I asked.

"Hm... I'm a kid at heart. Have you seen Frozen 2? I haven't watched it yet but it's available online. We could play that if you want."

"Up to you."

A kid at heart. She just added her adorable factor.

I was passing her the remote but our hands touched all of a sudden. Our eyes locked onto each other once again. I could feel pressure building up internally while she seemed surprised herself. I pulled away quickly and looked at the TV in embarrassment. There was a moment of silence. It seemed like she hasn't moved at all. But then, all of a sudden, I felt her pull me towards her and, immediately, our lips met. My eyes couldn't believe what I'm seeing and feeling right now.

Taeyeon's eyes were closed the whole time as her lips brushed against mine. My heart was pounding too fast and my lips went with the motion. Soon, my eyes slowly started to close and went on with my feelings. She slowly motioned on top of me while we continued to make out. My arms found its way around the back of her neck, pulling her closer to me. My heart started beating louder and louder. I could hear it myself. My cheeks were starting to heat up even more. I just didn't want this to end. But then, her teapot started whistling.

Taeyeon pulled away, her eyes were bloodshot. She was still on top of me. Slowly, her face started turning red and she quickly got off on top of me, sitting by my side. I slowly got up, wondering what she was thinking. She got up and headed towards the kitchen to turn the stove off and serve the both of us some tea.

What the hell, Taeyeon. The things you do to me.

 

Frozen 2 was playing on the TV. We were sitting side by side with a little bit of a gap. No words were exchanged since earlier. I needed to break the silence at least.

"So... what do you do for work? I don't think I've seen you around the area I was just at."

Taeyeon sipped on her tea and answered, without taking her eyes off of the TV, "I'm a lyricist. I was just dropping off some of the projects I've done to someone I've collaborated with. We met up at a cafe near that area."

"I see... you must have earned a lot doing that. Are you, by chance, a free lancer?"

"Yup! Freelancing wasn't easy as it's hard to put your name out there. But once you get the credibility, you get more demand, and definitely more pay. Thankfully, one of my friends have worked with a company as he's a musician and does part of the background music for some of the songs that big companies produce. He hooked me up big time!"

"That's nice! I'm happy for you!"

"Thanks! What about you? What do you do for a living?"

This time, she looked over to me. It seemed like the awkwardness is starting to dissipate from the air.

"I'm a receptionist for one of the fashion designers around the area."

"Did you want to become a fashion designer one day?"

"Yes. It's good that I got accepted into the job so I can possibly get promoted to be an assistant one day and shadow over the fashion designer. And then I could put my name out there."

"Nice! That's a good goal to have. Maybe one day when you have your own label, I could model one of your clothes," she joked.

"You're too short to become a model," I chuckled.

"That's not nice! I'm at least cute!"

That... she wasn't wrong about.

 

I decided to stay for the night again. Of course, we had some good . I couldn't get enough of it! But what really made me stay was the sight of her beautiful sleeping face. The moonlight from before was replaced by the dim light from the street as the rain kept pouring throughout the night, leaving droplets on the windows. I was, once again, upon her arms. She was sleeping so peacefully. How could someone like her exist in this world? She's too beautiful and perfect.

I looked at her from top to bottom. Her hair have completely dried out from the rain earlier. My eyes trailed the lining of her nose onto her kissable, plump lips. Her bright, milky white skin, her nice, delicate arms... everything was just perfect.

Suddenly, her eyes slowly opened. She's so cute!

"What's wrong?" she wondered.

I shook my head and smiled.

"Nothing, I just feel happy for some reason."

Taeyeon smiled and asked, "bet that reason is me!"

I slapped her arm.

"Can you not be violent! Ow!"

I proceeded to chuckle a bit. She wasn't supposed to wake up dammit!

"Maybe we should give us a shot then," she suggested.

"What do you mean?"

My heart was pounding again.

"I mean... we're both obviously attracted to each other and it seems like it was meant to be for us to meet once again. Maybe we should start seeing each other?"

"Is that how you ask a girl out?" I chuckled.

"Well... I'm not really good at making moves. Usually they're already falling for me... so whatever I do, it always ends up being upon my favor."

"And you just assume that I'm like those other girls you've been with, correct?"

Again, she surprised me with a kiss once again as her hand gently caressed the side of my face. Why does she keep doing this? Does she like playing with people's feelings? Or is she just this smooth with girls? I couldn't believe she would ever have a bad past romantically with all these skills she has.

"I'm not trying to assume anything... but I would like to keep seeing you, Jessica."

Oh what the heck? I'm sure she already knew my answer.

I got up and went on top of her fast. Immediately, I brushed my lips against hers, pinning her down on the bed. I gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead and gazed upon her eyes. She seemed very surprised that I was on top this time.

"Let me take care of you."

"Seems pretty weird for you to take control this time," she smiled, "I'll take the offer."

Two broken souls, meeting when the world seemed dark and could never be brighter when it comes to love. Is it true? Is she right? Is this all really by fate? Maybe we were meant to meet so we could both heal together. But for how long is this going to last? Insecurities are going to get in the way due to past experiences. But we might as well give this a shot... because why not? Right?