Lost Stars

We Are Unbreakable

A/N: I've been listening to Jungkook's covers lately and have been falling in love with his voice more and more. Actually, since their concert here in California, I've been getting addicted to BTS' songs even more. I'll most likely be updating this thread with songs based on his covers. This one is titled Lost Stars originally sang by Adam Levine from Maroon 5. Check out Jungkook's cover on the song as well!

------------

A feeling so rare and bizarre, a feeling I've never really felt before. I'm left with broken pieces of my heart, hurt by all the times I've been rejected or pushed away. I told myself that I would never repeat all that I have done before in the past but there's no escaping. I'm in too deep and I just want it more and more; this feeling I've never really felt before.

It was just one of those Saturday nights where I'm with my friends, partying and having fun. We bar hop throughout the night and get plastered drunk. We take home people we wanted to sleep with for the night and end the night having drunk with them. This night specifically wasn't going to be any different from what I expected. Well I thought wrong when I saw this particular girl.

We were all in the middle of the dance floor having fun. I was with Tiffany and Sunny, two of my closest friends. My eyes all of a sudden caught a glimpse of this mesmerizing girl. She looked so angelic. It was as if I was in a game and the lights shone around her as if she was a special quest. I nudged over to Tiffany and pointed my lips towards the direction of this particular girl.

"What about her?" Tiffany wondered as she slowed her dancing.

"She's pretty. I want to meet her," I said out loud apart from the blaring noise from the club speakers as I kept dancing.

"Well, go over there then," Tiffany pushed me over to the girl's direction, "and remember, always wear protection!"

I playfully hit Tiffany. She's outrageous. Eitherway, I headed my way towards where the girl was sitting. She seemed to enjoy looking at everyone dance and she seemed to be in the company of her friends. They're probably at the dance floor. As I went near, her eyes locked on mine and I replied with a smile.

"May I sit here?" I pointed at the seat beside her as I finally got closer to her.

The girl nodded with a smile and I prepped myself up on the seat beside her comfortably.

"So, I've never seen you here before. I usually come here on Saturday nights so I know the people who are pretty new around here. My name's Taeyeon," I lifted up my glass of drink, initiating a toast.

"Jessica," she answered as she clinked her glass onto mine and we both preceedingly drank from our glasses. As soon as she was done, she set her glass down properly and turned her attention to me, "you're right. I've never really been around here. My friends decided I should go out cause I barely do and they suggested it would be a good coping mechanism."

Coping mechanism? There's only one answer to this.

"I'm guessing you just got broken up?" I asked politely.

Jessica nodded.

"Don't use this as your coping mechanism though. You'll just end up like me," I chuckled.

"Is there something wrong with it? You seem to be living well and having fun," she questioned.

This girl seem to be a bit different from the ones I encountered on my nights out. I decided it would be better to take her away from the mess. I took her hand as I stood up.

"We should go."

"Go where?"

"Out of here. You don't belong here."

I dragged her out of the bar past all the crowd. It was a tight squeeze and I was pretty short but I managed. Soon as we got out of the bar, I hailed us a taxi. She seemed to be busy on her phone. She was probably telling her friends that she'd be gone.

"You know, I don't even know if I could trust you," Jessica doubted.

"I'm short and frail. You can take me anytime," I joked. I really did think that she could take me anyway. Most people could. They don't call me 'human paper' for nothing.

We got inside the cab as soon as one reached us. I told them to go to Banpo bridge by the Han river. It had good views. It's where I usually went to clear my mind on nights I feel bad.

On the way there, I couldn't help but think of how beautiful the girl was next to me. Jessica was looking out of the window. Her skin glistened through the street lights. Her eyes shone. She was so dreamy. Jessica turned her head all of a sudden to look at me seeming lost in her beauty. She probably felt me gazing at her for so long.

"Are you alright?" she smiled.

"Yes," I nodded, looking away, trying to cover myself from blushing because I could feel them coming out from embarrasment.

 

Soon enough, we reached the stop by the Banpo bridge. Banpo usually had a water fountain show and it's one of the best things to see around here. Other than that, the bridge usually had bright changing colors, still a good sight to see. We sat by the bench outlooking the bridge. I noticed a small gap in between us. It's pretty clear that this was quite all new to Jessica. It was quite new to me as well since we just met and I had no intentions of keeping all of this serious.

"Anyway, at the bar... I'm not as happy as you think I am," I started, "all of it is momentary happiness. But nothing beats actual general happiness. I'm just used to the whole crowd. I drowned myself in alcohol every night out I get. My friends are supportive and all after having my heart broken a lot of times."

"I'm sorry to hear your bad past."

"It's alright. I just decided to take you away from that scene because it can get addicting. I see myself in you, my old self," I faced her, "you're innocent. I was innocent, at least from the whole club scene. The momentary happiness can get too addicting and you can find yourself lost."

"But isn't that a good thing? Loosing at least a sense of yourself from being so hurt and broken?"

"It's still not a good way to mend a broken heart. I wish I could stop whenever I want to but it's hard to do so. You seem to have a bright future ahead of you. Don't force yourself into things you know don't define you."

"Thank you..."

Things got quiet in between us. I stared out at the bridge, same with her. Somehow, just being next to her feels nice and warm. It was probably because I could see a little bit of my past self in her. Heartbroken, not knowing what to do, Jessica was the old Taeyeon.

"Anyway, you should probably go on your merry way back to your place. It's getting too late and I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to a beautiful lady like you."

"Thanks for taking me away from the club," she smiled at me.

"C'mon let's go," I stood up and offered my hand.

"What if I just go back to your place?"

Did I just hear what I think I heard? This girl sure is full of surprises.

"Are you sure about that? I'm not going to stop you, but would you really want to knowing what that means?"

She nodded.

I smiled as she placed her hand onto mine. I helped her up and we held hands as I held another cab to pick us up.

 

As soon as we got to my place, she immediately pushed the door shut and pinned me to the wall, clashing her lips with mine. I can feel her raging heart beating. It was hurt. It was destroyed. I led her to my bedroom and pinned her down the bed, rushing to take her clothes off. I lifted up her shirt from her body and as soon as it was removed, she grabbed my face with both her hands and proceeded to make out with me as I took her pants off. Tonight, she let me have every bit of her under the bright shining moon from my window.

Jessica's head was resting over my chest. I was looking out at the window, appreciating the moon's beauty. In this darkness, I felt solace and I'm sure or sure do hope Jessica felt the same. I know the feeling especially having my heart shattered carelessly by people that didn't deserve to have a touch of it.

"Thank you, Taeyeon."

"Why are you thanking me? For good ?" I joked.

"For consoling me, for being there at the right moment."

"Don't tell me you're falling in love with me already," I joked again and I received a blow to my chest, "ouch."

"I'm not going to lie, you're not that bad for a short munchkin like you."

"You're not that far from my height."

"I'm still taller," she chuckled.

 

The next morning, I woke up having a little bit of a headache. I don't remember drinking that much though. I looked to my side and saw no sight of Jessica. She must've left already. It seems like the usual routine I have once I wake up from my Saturday night. I have with them that night and the next morning, they're out the door. Suddenly, I heard clanking from the kitchen and the smell of fried eggs ran through my nose. I followed the smell and found the beautiful angel cooking with just her shirt on. Her body was a wonderland, so far as I recalled from last night.

"You know you didn't have to cook."

Jessica jolted as soon as she heard my voice. She turned around and greeted me with a smile.

"Good morning, I figured you would want some breakfast. I'm not much of a good cook but I could at least make some quick and easy dishes."

"That's more than anyone of my one night stands have done for me."

Somehow, when I said that, it seemed to have broken her a little. I tried to dismiss it. After all, she shouldn't matter. Jessica would probably end up just like my other exes.

"Did you need any help?" I asked. It was the least I could offer.

"No, I should be fine. Just go ahead and sit down."

I sat by the counter on command. She looked worried and struggling for a little bit but she got it all along. Somehow the sight of her allures me.

As soon as she was done cooking, she turned the stove off and brought the two plates over the counter. Jessica had served both of us two fried eggs, a side of yogurt she probably got from my fridge, and some caesar salad. Salad in the morning? Pretty unusual.

"I hope you at least like it."

"It does smell good though. I appreciate you cooking breakfast this morning, Jessica."

Jessica seemed to be delighted by my reply. Her smile was enticing.

 

As soon as we finished breakfast, Jessica went ahead and put on all her clothes and took her stuff with her. I escorted her to the door and bid her farewell.

"Until next time," she smiled and bowed at me.

"Get home safely," I nodded.

Jessica smiled one last time and turned around to go on her way. I watched as she vanished to turn from a block down the road. The feeling of sadness is looming once again. It was a normal routine so I'm pretty much used to it. I went towards my bed and plopped myself down to feel the comfort of it. Her warmth was still there and especially her flowery scent from last night.

"See Taeyeon, here you are again," I sighed.

I turned to my side and felt a ruffled paper. I opened it and there was a number there.

"0XX-XXXX-XXXX, I had a good time with you last night and I would like for us to get to know each other better - Jessica."

Somehow, the note managed to make me smile. It was a good turn of events apart from my normal Saturday nights. But knowing her current situation, is this for real? Is this genuine or is it just a passing moment? What if we're all just lost stars trying to light up the darkness inside us?