The Difficult Night

Hogwarts Level Up Project

Funny how I had no idea how to continue this, yet I started writing where I left off and it suddenly clicked. :) 

Here's a new chapter and I'm so sorry its so late.

_____

The five of them were guided through the forest. “Hagrid Where are we going?? We can’t be here at night” Wendy sounded worried. “Don’t worry you wont get in trouble if you’re with me.” Eventually they reached a clearing and stopped. “Carefully take a peek.” With Hagrids suggestion the girls peeked over the bushes and were surprised at what they saw. Eight different colored snakes of different regions were being pushed into cages. “Wait Snakes? Thats the first Task?” Whispered Irene. “Harry figured you girls should know, This means you have some time to figure out what to do.” Wendy turned towards Hagrid. “None of them are um Poisonous right?” Hagrid crossed his arms “Hmm Im not exactly sure, I mean they are from different regions, just be careful. Now I think it’s probably time for you five to get back, you need all the rest you can get.” “You expect us to sleep after finding this out?” Scoffed Joy. Seulgi noticed how silent the Maknae was being and pulled her closer wrapping Yeri in her arms. “We’ll figure something out Yeri, At least we have time.” Yeri looked up at Seulgi and gave small smile. Hagrid guided the girls out of the Forest letting them off at the entrance to the castle. He waved goodnight as he walked off. “Pfft seriously how in the world does he expect us to sleep now?” Joy crossed her arms. “Well I do think it’s time we head to our dorms.”  Irene pulled the four into a hug. “I just hope everyone will be ok.” After a few minutes they released the hug and headed in the directions of their Common Rooms.

 

Joy finally returned to the Dry, Dripping, Slytherin Common Room. Seeing no one in sight she actually paid attention to the room itself. “Honestly has this Common Room even been checked by a Health inspector?” “And where have you been?” Turning around, Joy found Scorpius Malfoy standing Smug. “Not that it matters to you, Why do you even care?” “Oh I don’t, but I would like us to keep our House Points.” “Well if you must know, I was with a professor so I’ll be going to bed now.” Joy pushed past him towards the Girls Dorm.

 

Wendy answered the Door’s riddle and walked into Ravenclaw Common Room. “Phew well that was a fun night, Guess I’ll head to bed.” “Wendy wait.” Wendy turned around to find one of  her House’s Prefects. “Is something wrong?” “Hopefully nothing, Where have you been?” Wendy just smiled “Ah, I just…” Wendy stopped. She couldn’t just tell him they were in the Forbidden Forest could she? Even if it was with Hagrid, He did say they wouldn’t get in trouble if they were with him, but she decided not to test it. Figuring something out, She continued. “I was just checking on my friends, All of us are kind of worried about the task, the youngest one especially.” The Prefect nodded. “Students can’t be out of the dorms after dark. You need be accompanied by a professor.” I’ll let this one slide knowing how overwhelming everything is right now, but next time Please follow the Rules.” “I understand.” Wendy lowered her head. “Well good night.” The Prefect returned to his post as Wendy walked up the stairs to the Girls side.

 

Seulgi and Yeri entered the Hufflepuff Common Room and sat down. Seulgi quickly looked around before turning to the maknae. “You..doing okay?” Yeri just sighed. “I think so…Just….*sigh* what are they going to make us do with those snakes?” Seulgi shuffled closer and wrapped her arm around. “I don’t know. I..” Seulgi stopped when she heard footsteps coming one of the tunnels. “What are you two doing down here.” one of the younger Hufflepuff boys appeared. “We’re just talking, I’m sorry if we woke you up. I thought we were being quiet.” With Seulgi’s reply he just shook his head. “I’m going back to bed.” The two watched as the boy disappeared up back into the tunnel leading to the boys dorm. Seulgi sighed. “I think we should head to bed too.” She helped Yeri up as the both walked down the Girls dorm Tunnel.

 

Irene collapsed on the Sofa in Her Common Room. “Ugh I’m seriously surprised I’m still not used to all those Stairs.” “There you are. You weren’t around.” Irene lifted her head up to see Rose. “Sorry, I had somewhere to be.” She watched Rose take a seat next to her. “So um, You really care about your members don’t you.” Irene gave a little smile. “I’d honestly do anything for them.” Rose smiled back “I can tell, The way you look at each other, You five are really like a family.” A few minutes later Rose stood up. “Well I think it’s time for bed, You coming?” Irene nodded and followed Rose up to their dorm.