The 2nd Task

Hogwarts Level Up Project

The next day, The girls met up in front of the school to head to the 2nd task together. “Where’s Seungwan and Yerim?” The leader was looking all over. “Maybe they’re already down there” Joy Suggested. The three of them started walking down, but Irene has a bad feeling. “All right students, 2nd task is this way.” There were professors along the path guiding the students to the task. Eventually they reached the Forbidden Forest. “Wait I thought students couldn’t go in there?” Seulgi quickly whispered. The others couldn’t answer as the Headmaster in front started announcing. “Welcome to the second task. Now before we begin, as you know the Forest is usually off limits for students. However we have blocked off an area of the forest near the Lake where we have deemed safer, for our specific task. we have professors blocking the forest further in.” Irene turned towards Seulgi “There’s your answer.” They heard a chuckle from Joy before the Headmaster continued. “Now for the task. Last night, something important was taken from the champions. You must traverse the path to reach the end where you must retrieve it and make your way back.” With the Headmaster’s instructions the three girls got nervous. ‘Important? Wait Wendy and Yeri?’ As they were thinking they were pushed to their starting positions with Seulgi alone. At the Cannon, the three of them took a deep breath and entered with the determination to find their friends.

 

Irene’s POV

 

Sooyoung and I walked in to a really dark forest, Even with Lumos, we couldn’t see much. “Okay Now what Unnie?” Looking around I could see a few paths but I didn’t know where to go. “I don’t know.” It seemed like I was getting used to the darkness, because I was starting to be able to see objects in the distance. It looked like a tablet of some kind. ‘Is this a puzzle?’ I was finally able to put it together. “I know why Wendy and Yeri were missing.” Joy just turned to me. “Think about it. This seems to be another riddle or puzzle. But we don’t have our smart RavenClaw.” I could see Sooyoung’s expression change as I explain. “And considering this might still have something to do with snakes.” I paused to let Joy figure out the rest. It took a few minutes. “Seulgi doesn’t have Yeri’s parseltongue.” I chuckled a bit. “Very Clever.” I walked closer to the tablet to read. “Follow the Correct path to reach the next test.” “Seems easy enough.” Joy was about to walk until i stopped her. “Wait, it seems easy but there must be a catch.” Looking at the path, i noticed it was lined like tiles. ‘Hmm’ I looked around to see if I could find something to throw. Finally finding a rock I threw it on one side. Vines Immediately lashed out catching the rock inside before retreating back into the hedges. Joy Sighed next to me. “Great.”

 

Seulgi’s POV

 

I can’t believe I have to do this on my own. plus its so dark, My sense of direction was already terrible, Now what. I Used Lumos to slowly watch the path as I walked. “OUCH!” Okay I’m focusing too much on the ground. I seemed to bump into a tablet of some kind. “Huh. “Follow The Correct Path to reach the next test.” Of course that seems easy but the path itself is eerie, foggy and tiled two by two. I figured I’d quickly test it with my foot. I lightly leaned my foot against the closest tile. Thankfully I pulled back quick enough before one of the vines completely wrapped around my foot. However enough of the vine wrapped around lightly telling me that I couldn’t pull myself out. Well alright then. Again Now what?

_____

I had this idea in my head for a while.

Let me know what you think.