Crush

Don't Kiss Me I'm Scared!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minghao dragged me very unwittingly into his dormitory room, which was shared by Vernon and none other than man in question, Kim Mingyu. Our hopes was that he wouldn't come back so early from delivery duty to find us not actually "studying". 

 

"Hey, Sooyoon." Vernon greeted me with his usual air of chill and carefree. Minghao's worried expression seemed to signal him to restrain his joviality though. 

 

"I'm going to ask you again. You guys are really not dating?" Minghao asked as if the relationship between me and Mingyu was the most important thing in the whole wide world. 

 

"No. At least not to my knowledge." My sarcastic wit was not lightening the mood at all, at least not for Minghao. He looked at Vernon knowingly, as if some sort of roommate telepathy existed between them and a conversation was happening through the air without me getting a single bit of it. Vernon nodded, so I guess their strange interaction had ended.

 

"Can I finally know what's going on now? Minghao, I swear I want to know answers too. It doesn't make sense that we've been friends for two years, nothing happens over summer and suddenly after...well after an episode he doesn't even remember, he suddenly decides to like me." I said those words with a genuine sense of frustration. I learnt recently that frustration is an interesting emotion - you're really frustrated when you think something is unfair, it upsets you and sometimes you have no way of repairing the situation. 

 

I was frustrated on so many levels. First having to endure Jeonghan's childish teasing simply after an unfortunate accident. Second, of all people, it had to be my close friend Mingyu that put me through this ordeal. Thirdly, everyone was suddenly expecting us to end up together. 

 

Yet most important of all, was that the signs were there for me to read, the similarities were always felt, but I've never ever thought about the possibilities and these feelings myself - that maybe somewhere in me, I did like Mingyu in a way I didn't know before. It's always easy to fall for friends - I mean, you're friends for a reason. You like that person, you identify with that person. The fact that Mingyu and I were always the strong ones in the group, the Yes-man, the Linguistic major, all these pulled us closer. 

 

Small things thread us together, just like how my major brought me to Minghao, my other close friend. My room allocation got me to Hyeyoung, who loves me and cherishes me as a friend but depended on me for protection, who asked me to knock on Jeonghan's door that night. 

 

Small fine things seemed to draw out fate, whether bitter or sweet. 

 

"Can I finally know if I can be in the loop of your silent discussion now?" I said. 

 

"Well..." It was Vernon who started. "So there's something that the guys know. Or at least some of us. The two of us would know more since we're his roommates and he clings to us like a Koala." 

 

"We thought maybe you should know. We thought it didn't matter but I think Mingyu is just being too much of a stupid airhead and confusing everyone rig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter