Christmas Pt.2

Don't Kiss Me I'm Scared!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1. Remember to vote for what I should write next in the poll! It's at the end of this chapter :)

2. I'm open to friend requests! You can find me on Instagram as Wooyaboya or you can just add me as a friend here. I'm up for chats either way.

As the door to our compartment closed, the bustling amusement park seemed like a world away. The air was still, and everything was a lot quieter. Below us, the snowy scene looked like a serene painting on postcards.

 

"Did you enjoy your day?"

 

"Definitely. A little tiring, but definitely," I nodded. 

 

"So who was your favourite date?" He asked jokingly, making me laugh out loud. I asked if he was a candidate as well, before settling on Minghao as the answer. It seemed strange to call those who turned up in a couple a 'date'. It felt more like my older siblings or parents bringing me out. To top that off, Seokmin and Seungkwan are so noisy. To the last statement, he seemed to agree wholeheartedly. 

 

I dug through my bag to take out a single gift that I had meticulously wrapped the night before. Admittedly it was difficult to pinpoint what Vernon's ideal gift might be because he was always so easygoing and only insistent when it came to food. I was truly tempted to buy him a box of milk to last him for the month, but the expiry date wouldn't make it feasible. He unwrapped the present immediately to reveal the ice-cream making kit. While it wasn't a very heavy household item, it certainly wasn't fun to carry it around the whole day along my numerous dates. 

 

"To go with your favourite banana milk," I said. He seemed to like the gift greatly, examining the instructions immediately. 

 

"Let's try this together one day," he said in his usual cheer. 

 

Based on the speed of this giant ferris wheel, a round would take us about 20 minutes. We decided we would keep to two rounds on the ride. 

 

After thanking me for the present, Vernon finally addressed the large cake box that had been sitting on his lap. In it were twelve different slices of cakes, all of different flavours. 

 

"I didn't know what flavour you might like, so I just got every available flavour. In fact I'm not even sure you like cake, so I have a backup plan," Vernon explained the flavours meticulously, and then proceeded to take out another smaller gift box for me. His so-called "Plan B" was a rose gold bracelet that had three pendants on it - a faith-engraved piece, a small diamond, and an infinity sign. 

 

"I know it's not your style, but I just thought this bracelet held everything that I wanted to thank you for. I got your message about Seungkwan but I know it's a lie," he smiled, "he confessed to me afterwards that Mingyu had kissed him that night. Thank you for giving me the answer that would have made me felt better." 

 

"But what I really want to say is, Sooyoon, thank you for having the faith in me and always being there for me. Whether as a support or a friend. You've always been so considerate of those around you and never hesitate to reach out a helping hand to us. Sorry for the unnecessary period of avoiding you. Of whatever. I was just so confused. Thank you for giving me the time to find those answers. And now the first person I want to share this answer with is you. You have no idea how excited I was when I came to the conclusion one morning when I woke up. An epiphany just hit me. And I wanted to let you know." 

 

Vernon seemed aware of the fact that he was saying a lot in one breath. To abate the stress building in him, he offered me a piece of cake from the box. I obliged happily. 

 

"I think the bond between Seungkwan and myself is definitely special. He's almost like family to me growing up, and we've been pretty much inseparable throughout the years of schooling together. It's always comfortable to have him beside me, and he has a special place in my life and heart. But familiarity led to the illusion of love. It's always convenient to fall in love with someone who knows all about you, but I think a change, or rather the willingness to change is one that truly defines who we love. So no, my feelings for Seungkwan was an illusion. And I just wanted you to know that."

 

Vernon's clever eyes darted to my face, surveying me for a reaction. It was incredible that we were having such a heartfelt confession in the enclosed space of the ferris wheel. A compartment of sweet talks and lovers' whispers usually, and here we are having wounds healed and memories resurfacing. Nonetheless, it was a good feeling. 

 

Any word or expression of happiness would have been an understatement for relief and joy I felt on his behalf. I finished the piece of cake that we were sharing, congratulating him on reaching a co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter