Audience

Don't Kiss Me I'm Scared!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Not very often can a character get a glimpse of both sides' stories, that's a privilege that was usually reserved for the audience. Or perhaps that was exactly what I was now - an audience. Mingyu waved a hand in my face to snap me out of my trance. I seemed to have fallen into a habit of that lately. 

 

"The gel is hardening." 

 

I raised my head to look into the mirror, my nifty fingers darting across his hair. He's somehow turned his room into a mini salon for the day, as he urged me to follow him right after class to help him style his hair into whatever Hyeyoung might like. He'd given Vernon and Minghao food vouchers at a restaurant nearby to keep them away that day, but to be honest I could tell from their expressions that they didn't need any incentive to stay away. Their knowing glances towards me was more than enough to give it away. 

 

"She likes it when the fringe is up?" His curious nature was resurfacing again. I kept my fingers busy through his strands, styling his hair the exact way that I had heard Hyeyoung complimented when she poured through magazines. "Ya she does. You'll be a killer with that striped shirt and this hair."

 

"Maybe I should keep my hair this way permanently." He mused. 

 

"You look fine and more natural with your fringe down, so I think you really don't have to sweat it if it's not during your confession, your date or your wedding." I found myself laughing along with him at my own joke, and almost caught myself by surprise.

 

Everything only started getting extremely real when Hyeyoung started talking to me about it. That beyond the little game of preparation that Mingyu and I were playing, someone else was the actual player in this dating game. I was merely preparing the other player for it.

 

It's been such a long time since Hyeyoung and I had a good talk with me, but as I sipped on my can of beer and her on some floral tea, I head for the first time her perspective of it all. 

 

"Sooyoon-ah, have you ever been in love?" she cocked her head to one side, waiting for my answer. I let out a hearty burp from my beer (she chuckled) before telling her that yes I had. 

 

"Had..." She said caught on the keyword after all. I lied about having a childhood crush who was my best friend, but later turned out to like another girl instead. I went on to describe him in a way I imagined what Mingyu as a child would be like. Perhaps just as athletic, just as resourceful, and I would imagine just as stupid in his daily escapades or adventures.We both laughed at the incidents that I recounted (basically just what happened in the first semester I met Mingyu), and it was all really nice.

 

"You must still like him. You speak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter