Stop and Stare

Don't Kiss Me I'm Scared!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Midterms in the college usually meant that I was running errands while walking around with my own study notes plastered to the shopping cart. The mountain of food delivery order was piling up dangerously at the front of my cart, not because there was a particularly large order from the girls today, but because a certain tall male had hijacked my shopping trip and subsequently, my shopping cart. Beside me, Minghao threw in another pack of ice cream and checked off the list he grabbed from my hands moments earlier. 

 

"Mingyu, grab that cereal off the shelf. Two of that." Minghao said without looking up from his list. The two had insisted on helping me with shopping today when they saw me compiling the list in class. "It's alright, Hyeyoung will be helping me with it." I had initially declined. Yet gentleman Mingyu just had to   insist that having two guys, who were very obviously trying to run away from studying after class, was better than having a tomboy and her rather weak roommate. Minghao had since gained ownership of my shopping list and Mingyu had seated himself comfortably in my cart. 

 

"Free food!! Sooyoon, push me there!" The man-child in my cart exclaimed with delight as Minghao and I pushed him towards the food tasting counter. The ahjumma there seemed more than happy to see three young students coming up to her, especially with two cute boys by my side. She gladly gave Mingyu a piece of perfectly grilled squid (she was trying to sell grilled sauce), which he fed to Minghao. 

 

"Omo, young boy, you should always give it to your girlfriend first!" The chirpy lady smiled and gave Mingyu another piece, which he fed to me as obliged. 

 

"We're just friends." I said, still chewing on my food. I could feel Minghao's eyes on me, ensuring that I wouldn't choke on my food. Meanwhile the boy in the cart had helped himself with a piece and started a new conversation with the ahjumma about best recipes to use this sauce. When he grabbed two bottles of the sauce, promising the make all of us some grilled specialty after the test period, the lady snuck him another few pieces of free squid. 

 

"You could have saved that explanation you know." Mingyu said as he continued grabbing food from the shelf as Minghao instructed him. 

 

"What?" I said nonchalantly, checking the ingredient labels of random food items that Mingyu had thrown into my cart. The boy seemed to be on a streak of healthy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter