When You Love Someone

Don't Kiss Me I'm Scared!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When you love someone, you turn into a total idiot. I'm certain of that, because that was exactly how Hyeyoung has been behaving like for the past three days since she and Mingyu made it official. I never knew she was capable of more squealing than she already did, but somehow she surpassed my expectations.

 

The funniest thing I learnt was that trying to get together was not the most nerve-wrecking process, but rather it was the initial days of the relationship. If Hyeyoung had been worried about being inferior to Mingyu, that feeling had only multiplied after the supposed dream of a confession she got. She recounted, for the umpteenth time that night, how he turned up in the hairstyle that she had always liked in boys, a striped shirt like in her ideal setting, gave her a love poem that mispelled "girlfriend" as "boyfriend" because he was that nervous (so yes, Mingyu asked Hyeyoung to be his boyfriend, which she thought was cute while I just thought was a good thing to about), and also a bouquet that she really liked. The perfection and impeccability of it all only made the insecurity in her compound, and she felt like she was to give everything into this relationship.

 

Flailing her limbs as she recalled Mingyu's apprehensive smile, she covered her blushing face in her palms and fangirled over her new boyfriend again. Gosh, I could almost feel her embarrassment vicariously. She's apparently invested in a diary entirely dedicated to him, where she would try to plan surprises and dates for Mingyu. She had a thousand ideas she wanted to execute, and I laughed at her for being so frantic about everything. 

 

"You really don't have to worry. If he chose you, everything's good." I cried laughing at her antics. 

 

"But I cannot leave everything to him! He's planning to cook for our next date, rent the bike, plan the route for the cycling trip...I should do something at least!" 

 

It really isn't necessary though. That's the thing about liking Mingyu - he makes things easy for those around him. Just depend on him, just afford to be slightly lazy and rely on him. He's not a man of daily gifts and surprises, but when you need him he will be there. He's a simpleton when it came to romance, and so I reassured Hyeyoung that gifts were really not necessary for him. Just do what she always does, just love him for his capabilities, stupidity and everything. It would be perfectly fine. That's how it is with Mingyu - easy and simple. 

 

"Really?" She asked hesitantly. 

 

"Just be natural." Trust me on this Hyeyoung, I know. 

 

"I wish I knew him as much as you..." My rommate mused to nobody in particular. 

 

And because I knew, that was also why I found myself with my roommate at the supermarket, shopping for their Han River picnic date the next day. Hyeyoung was thinking of all sorts of things to prepare for the trip, like what she should contribute to the menu. I foresaw heavy bags of groceries, but because she wanted to surprise Mingyu, we had no man slave to help us with shopping that day. Minghao was out of question because one of our friends, Junhui, had somehow gotten him a job placement in a restaurant nearby. Meanwhile,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter