Spicy Curry Ramyeon

Don't Kiss Me I'm Scared!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was grateful for the spontaneous requests from the residents from my dormitory that day, because I had a legitimate excuse to escape lunch with Minghao and Mingyu. The two boys could barely wave me goodbye when I dashed out of class, heading for the supermarket off campus to help my residents get supplies. 

 

A number of girls had heard that I have the eye for selecting the best fruits and freshest vegetables, so people frequently asked me to help them shop. I know it sounds a little strange that I would help other college kids buy their groceries, but if they were going to ask me to help them bring up the large bags from the bottom of the stairwell anyway, I might as well go all the way. It comes with occasional perks - like a free cake slice delivered to my door when they bake, borrowing a lipstick when I really needed it, or having a good excuse to run away from embarrassing situations. 

 

So here I was between the aisles jam-packed with healthy food options, ticking off a shopping list. Why people would want to eat only oats and apples was a complete mystery to me, because in contrast to the compiled list those girls gave me, I was going to get myself a week's supply of spicy ramyeon instead. The shopping trip was oddly therapeutic, giving me the time to clear my mind of the strange happenings from the night before, and the built up tension for class that morning. 

 

Which was why I was caught completely off guard when Vernon appeared out of nowhere and bumped his trolley against mine. 

 

"Yo, Sooyoon! Fancy seeing you here in the middle of the day." He greeted me extra cheerily, and all of a sudden the calming effects of this shopping trip vanished.

 

"Hey, Vernon. Glad to see you're awake. Sorry I can't talk, I need to go get more stuff-" 

 

Vernon's outburst of laughter cut me off. He clearly knew that I was nervous about talking to any of them today, especially since they were prone to tease me anyway. The boy, however, waved off my worries when he put a hand on my shoulder, as if reassuring me of something. 

 

"It's really funny, but I'm not going to ask about it. It's a matter between the two of you anyway. If you feel like updating us at any time at all, just let us know. Don't be awkward with us alright? You're too funny when you ac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter