Christmas Pt. 1

Don't Kiss Me I'm Scared!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Remember to vote for what I should write next! Haha nobody likes Club 17 so far.  The poll should appear at the end of the chapter!

Hyeyoung and I had an all-too-familiar debate about whether I should wear a dress for the day. The decision was much easier for her - she had bought a special dress for this day. We stood in front of my closet for a good five minutes, before she resigned to the stated fact that if I wanted to enjoy myself in winter, I should just go with my favourite sweater. So I slipped on my white fluffy sweater and a pair of blue jeans, carrying my backpack on one shoulder, watching the keychain that Vernon gave me dangle freely. I did  however allow Hyeyoung to put some light make up on me and braid my hair. I may or may not regret this later but she was skillful at this and hey, it's Christmas. So why not?

 

To my surprise, the person who greeted me at the gate was Minghao. Vernon, in contrast, was nowhere to be seen. Minghao was dressed smartly in those trench coats that actors on TV wore and a black turtleneck underneath, accentuating his height. "Merry Christmas Sooyoon!" He smiled brightly at me, though I couldn't help but feel that he was hiding something with that mischievous expression of his. 

 

"Merry Christmas Hao! Waiting for Jun?" I cocked a brow at him. He merely shook his head. 

 

"I was waiting for you." 

 

Well that was certainly a surprise. 

 

"Oh, I'm actually waiting for Vernon though. We're meeti-" 

 

"Trust me, I'm part of this 'meeting up'," he raised his hands for air quotes before reaching into his pocket to pull out discount coupons for two to his grilled meat restaurant for me. I felt terrible for not preparing a gift for him in return. "Oh gosh, thank you. I don't have your gift with me though..." 

 

"This isn't from me. Sooyoon, I'll be your first date for today. I know you're very lost now, but you just have to follow for the rest of the day. Stop worrying and planning for others. Just relax and have fun. Go with the flow. Cool?" 

 

I stared at him blankly but took the hand that he reached out anyway. I was still trying to wrap my head around the words first date of the day. 

 

Despite the coupons he gave me, Minghao did not actually bring me to a grilled meat restaurant. Instead he brought me to a little quaint cafe that was not particularly eye-catching. I would have missed it if I didn't pay attention. It played English oldies that neither of us was familiar with, but they also served one of the best English breakfasts I've ever tasted in my life. Minghao meticulously cut up my strawberries that accompanied my pancakes before exchanging a bite of his sandwich for a piece from my plate. Christmas sure was having a warm fuzzy start. The waiter took a polaroid for us to put on their wall, having assumed that we were a couple. We decided to poke each other's cheeks for a wacky photo. Minghao captioned it "my first girlfriend" with a bright red marker, before letting me pace through the cafe in a fit of giggles to paste it on the wall. 

 

Magically, Jun turned up at the entrance after Minghao paid the bill (he refused to let me split). I noticed how he gave Minghao a smile first before turning to me and bowed like a gentleman, exchanging Christmas greetings. Jun caught my questioning gaze. 

 

"I'm your next date for today," the dashing Chinese boy winked, reaching out a hand so that Minghao could place mine in his. Jun pulled out a single rose behind his back and gave it to me, along with two food coupons for French crepes somewhere further in Seoul. I placed the items in my bag, wondering why everyone was giving me food coupons. Have I been losing too much weight? Or did I have a reputation as a glutton that I was unaware of?

 

"See you tonight," Minghao waved at us (mainly to his boyfriend) as he watched us leave. Behind him, the waiter was stunned at our interaction. 

 

"So where are we going?" I asked him. 

 

"Sightseeing! But before that, Sooyoon, I want to apologise," Jun said. 

 

"Whatever for?" 

 

"I did laugh at you back then. Over the whole Mingyu accident. I shouldn't have teased you as well. I owe you an apology. I know how much you helped Minghao and Mingyu is a for not noticing how awesome you are." 

 

"He got someone even better," I said, "and no problem. Looking back that was kind of hilarious. Also, congratulations for getting together with Minghao. I know you guys will be great together. Minghao speaks of you very fondly." 

 

"He does?" The confident Jun seemed very nervous all of a sudden, knowing that his boyfriend mentioned him in conversations. I patted his shoulder and assured him everything was well. 

 

Jun apparently had a knack for selfies, so his part of the date was an hour stroll along some beautiful Christmas installations along the streets of Gangnam, where we took a number of photos with the pretty displays. Although they weren't lighted in the day, the snow and bustling streets just made them seem appropriately festive. I could finally update my KKT profile with better photos of myself. 

 

The conversations between us were dominated by stories of him and Minghao back in China. He wasn't as comfortable with telling me how he started liking Minghao, but he did tell me how much both their families seemed to like the other. They haven't planned on how to disclose this news to them yet, not knowing their reaction.

 

"If need be, I will talk to Qiqi and make sure she accepts it," I said encouragingly. He looked to me with such gratefulness I thought it was adorable. 

 

My next date, or rather dates, came in a pair. Seungcheol and Jeonghan were dressed in matching brown and muted colours. I hate to admit it sometimes but as much as I question Jeonghan's working style, he was a beautiful human. The winter fashion only made him look especially angelic. Seungcheol, on the other hand, had the potential for modeling in my opinion. The sweetest thing about him though was his subtle attempts at maneuvering his boyfriend on the packed street so that nobody was bumping into Jeonghan. He shot a child a death glare when he almost did. Jeonghan was certainly lucky to have him. 

 

"So I guess this ends our date, and you'll have to meet Minghao now?" I asked Jun. He nodded, giving me a farewell hug before letting the approaching couple pick me up. 

 

"Before we start our part of the date, we have something to show you," Jeonghan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter