It's Almost Christmas

Don't Kiss Me I'm Scared!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Early update~! Last part to Character Q&A is at the end! Hope you guys liked this segment :)

There were a few things to a college student that reminded them of their singlehood: 

Their friends getting attached.  Festivals. 

 

With Christmas just two days away and Hyeyoung fretting over making up with Mingyu during Christmas, both were really hitting home for me. It was their first Christmas together, and the girl wanted it to be nothing but perfect. Coming from a romantic, she surely wouldn't expect anything less. Hence her most logical course of action was to recruit me, her advisor.

 

Which I didn't mind at all, because ever since she saw me returning home from my "date" with Mingyu instead of the new man she had intended to spy on, things have been quieter between the two of us. Subsequently, work and her focus on Mingyu pulled us apart, and our whole holiday spent in the same room was nothing less than two girls needing a bed on the same campus. Perhaps this Christmas planning together was the key to breaking the ice. 

 

To reiterate the two things that rubbed in my singlehood at this moment, both Minghao and Hyeyoung had texted me the morning after my "first date" with my "first boyfriend". 

 

Hao: We're official :) 

Me: CONGRATULATIONS!!! Should I be happy my first boyfriend is telling me he's got a new boyfriend? ;) 

Hao: I told him about what happened and he's more amused than concerned. So you ought to be happy for both me AND you. 

Me: Jun sounds amazing already :) 

Me: I feel so happy for you! 

 

Hyeyoung-ie: Mingyu kissed me yesterday. 

Me: WHAT!?

Hyeyoung: I went over to check on him since he was drunk. He kissed me. 

Hyeyoung: Help me plan a perfect Christmas for him? 

 

And those were the two texts that perfectly summarised my current situation. 

 

I thought hard about last Christmas when Hao, Mingyu and I had spent a good amount of time goofing around the dormitories, watching Christmas movies and singing to English Christmas songs that neither of them could pronounce very well. We had a mini gift exchange where I gave the boys shirts and I got Chinese snacks and a pack of socks in return. With both Mingyu and Minghoa being decent chefs, all I needed to do was clean up after the sumptuous three course dinner we raced through. Lugging all the ingredients back from the supermarket seemed worthwhile after that memorable dinner. For some reason, I recalled drinking soda instead of alcohol that night. That was lucky, now that I looked back at it. 

 

So the plan I gave Hyeyoung was to chill at home with a good winter drink and movies that would make him laugh. It was hard finding a movie they could both enjoy without it being absolutely rude, but half a day of scavenging on the internet and scanning through the movies allowed me to find three that fit the criteria. 

 

When it really came down to it, Mingyu was a lazy boyfriend, something that Hyeyoung agreed with completely. If you placed him beside a puppy, he would probably try to outsmart the dog instead of ru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter