Min-chu!

Don't Kiss Me I'm Scared!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first day of sophomore year couldn't be more hectic. I was a residential assistant in college, which meant that I was in-charge of 13 new residents on my dormitory floor, excluding myself. Being on an all-female floor had both its ups and downs. On the upside, girls tended to be quieter, more polite and generally respected house rules, so the semester should be an easy one to handle. On the downside, however, was the fact that they needed more help with luggages on the first day. Our brilliant residential college boasted "a well-preserved Gothic architecture on its exterior, coupled with modern, well-furnished rooms that provided students with a conducive study environment." This was also a polite euphemism for a four-storey building with no ing lift.

 

So being the senior and official caretaker of everyone, I dutifully helped 12 incoming students carry their unnecessarily heavy luggages to the top floor. The last one was my roommate and same aged friend Hyeyoung, who thankfully spared me the trip. Throughout the whole day, I had to mentally remind myself that it should feel like an honour I was chosen for this job, because I had the reputation of being the "nice girl" around college. I didn't exactly understand what the professor meant by that, but Hyeyoung told me it had everything to do with college girls always depending on me to solve their problems. Frankly speaking, I was just terrible at saying no to other people, especially girls.

 

And so my supposed strength was also becoming my downfall. I spent the first day running errands for everyone, carrying luggage after luggage, and by the time I finally hit my bed, it was already past midnight. Hyeyoung had kindly made my bed for me, knowing that I barely had time for my own belongings. 

 

Thump thump.

 

Both Hyeyoung and I stirred in our sleep but refused to wake up.

 

Boom-ts, boom-ts, boom-ts.

 

Hyeyoung poked me softly. I responded without opening my eyes.

 

"Hey, the music is really loud. Do you think it's coming from downstairs again?" Hyeyoung's voice was cracking a little from sleep, but I could still sense her hesitation. 

 

The distinctive sound of party music was coming from the room directly below us, which effectively meant only one thing - Yoon Jeonghan. The boy was the same age as us, and was the residential assistant for the boys' floor. Our college had three residential floors for students - boys, girls and mixed. In a way he was therefore my frenemy, since we had to work together so much despite me not really liking his party nature. The boy was throwing a party with his new residents. How expected.

 

"I really didn't want to wake you up but...do you mind talking to Jeonghan?" Hyeyoung said almost in a whisper.

 

I opened my eyes momentar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter