Chapter 2

From Afar

BACK TO THE MORNING

And so there was Kyulkyung standing in front of her wardrobe choosing what to wear for school that day whilst her Narongie was in the toilet washing up and preparing for school. Nayoung was done in less than 15mins and she was already wearing her shoes at the door waiting for Kyulkyung who always takes forever to prepare. Kyulkyung was in the toilet doing a final check on herself and pretty much just admiring how pretty she looks in the mirror when Nayoung called "Kyul-ah, who was the one who said we were gonna be late just now?". "Comingggg~" Kyulkyung replied as she came out of the toilet looking so stunning you could see heart eyes on Nayoung's face. "Oh Narong Narong, I know I am gorgeous but if you are gonna keep up with the staring we are really really gonna be late and Minky is so gonna kill us for being late on the first day of school." Kyulkyung stands in front of Nayoung and snaps her fingers at Nayoung's face in order to bring her back to earth. Nayoung shakes her head for a moment Oops...I guess I stared a little too long , she proceeds to slip her hands into Kyulkyung, intertwining their fingers as they left their shared dorm room and walk towards campus.

Its the third lecture of the morning and there Kyulkyung was sitting in between Eunwoo and Yaebin, her best buddies for life and the two people she would consider most alike her in this world. Ketones and Aldehyes are known as Carbonyl compounds and they consist of a ..... Ah. Kyulkyung was paying attention and repeating what the lecturer was saying in her head when suddenly she felt a sharp pain echoing on the sides of her head and her hands automatically went to masssage her head but it was not helping with the pain feeling like its just radiating in her head. She let out a controlled groan of pain and this caused Eunwoo to turn and face her, well Yaebin would have heard her too if she was not busy sleeping. "Hey Kyul, you alright? Headache?". "Im fine Nunu, just a really bad headache must be cause of the weather, been too hot recently I am fine don't worry. I guess I will just take a short nap, cover for me?" Kyulkyung replies as she leans down on the table. "Sure thing! Rest well Kyul, I will wake you up later alright." Eunwoo says and Kyulkyung hums in response. We have been in the aircon room since 9am in the morning where would the heat come from? Eunwoo thought, but she shakes those thoughts away as she tries to pay attention so that she could update Kyulkyung and Yaebin on the content that was gone through.

Kyulkyung shakes awake as she feels Eunwoo gently waking her up, it was lunchtime and as always the 10 of them would meet in the cafeteria for lunch. "Feeling better babo?" Eunwoo asks Kyulkyung as they leave the classroom. "Yeah fine after that nap, good as new woots" Kyulkyung replies as she links arms with Eunwoo and Yaebin and they walk down the corridors of the lecture theatres. "Oh nunu, dont tell Nayoung I got a headache alright, I dont want her to worry, you know she overthinks alot." Kyulkyung says and Eunwoo hums in reply. Eunwoo would do anything and everything for Kyulkyung, it has always been like this anyways. Kyulkyung always had eyes for Nayoung and Nayoung only, Eunwoo knew, she has put her feelings behind her and she only hoped that Kyulkyung was happy and so she would do anything she requested. "Hey look its Minky, Narong and my wonderful girlfriend" Yaebin says as she untangles herself from Kyulkyung's arms to run towards Kyungwon. The 2 Kangs have been dating since high school and they have been inseparable considering they were all in the same class but college came and they took different majors resulting in Yaebin being stuck with her 2 beagle friends. Not that she minds of course. "Narongggggg!" Kyulkyung shouts as she so easily releases herself from Eunwoo's arms and runs towards her stone before engulfing her in a hug. Eunwoo stands there staring at her left arm, the one that was linked with Kyulkyung just seconds ago. Her heart sinks alittle but she shakes her heads in an attempt to shake off these negative feelings before walking towards the 5 people. Her eyes flicker to Minkyung and sees longing flash across her eyes for a split second as she stares at the couple hugging in front of her. "Hey guys I am starving so please lay off the PDA and can we get some lunch" Eunwoo says as all six of them burst into laughter before walking towards the cafeteria. Eunwoo knew how it felt to be Minkyung so she hoped her distraction would ease her heart a little. That is what food does anyways.

They reach the cafeteria and heads to their usual table where they find, Yewon and Sungyeon the 2 cute little lovebirds there waiting for them while sharing a pair of earpiece. As the 6 of them took their seats, Kyla dragged Siyeon over before they sat down together. Siyeon was at her seat pouting when Yaebin asked "Hey Princess what you whining about again today" "Illa wont kiss me until I hand up my overdue assignment, I feel so deprived". Everyone at the table laughs at Siyeon who justs continues pouting. Ahhhh, I love these idiots Kyulkyung thought as she stared at the laughing faces of the people she loved the most. Lets be together forever, I cant imagine life without you idiots Kyulkyung thinks to herself, her morning bout of headache thrown at the back of her mind as she tucked into the lunch that was provided for them. 

But good things never last forever, because life was never fair especially to Kyulkyung and she is about to find out.

 

A.N Tell me how it is, I am new to writing fics and in the middle of exams so I will try to update when I can. Meanwhile, the pairings and set up of the story is done so next chap the drama shall began. Thank you for reading, really appreciate it.