Chapter 4

From Afar

"Narong, is this photo yours? What is it doing in my diary?" Kyulkyung asks as she turns and faces Nayoung, a look of confusion on her face. "Really? Kyul-ah, you aren't kidding me right?"

Kyulkyung looks straight into Nayoung's eyes and she can see the confusion in the smaller girl's eyes. "Kyul-ah, you took this picture remember? You broke your leg while the 10 of us were off at the beach in Busan for a holiday. You were disappointed that you could not play with the rest on the beach and so I carried you on my back while we strolled at the beach...." Images flashed across in Kyulkyung's mind as the events seemed to just fill her mind all of a sudden, as if a memory was unlocked in her head. Oh yeah..... how could I have forgotten this. With a serious tone she asked "Narong, do you remember what you said to me then?" "I told you that no matter how heavy your life becomes, I will always be here to carry your life on my shoulders as we walk through life together." "Yea....Im glad you remember" Kyulkyung says as she lowers her hand. Bending down to look into Kyulkyung's eyes, Nayoung takes her pinkish hands into her large ones, "Kyul-ah, I meant it then and I will mean it forever and always. You are everything to me, so you can tell me if there is something bothering you alright?" Kyulkyung smiles and looks into Nayoung's eyes before mischievously saying "Just checking to see if your stoney brain remembers what you have said", sticking her tongue out before she pulls Nayoung into a hug. "Thank you Narongie for remembering, it means alot to me. Now, shall we get to sleep? Its been a long day out and I'm sure you are tired." /Flick/ "Ouch! Narong" Kyulkyung cries out as her hands reaches up to her forehead and she winces in pain. "Babo! That is for giving me a shock. Aish what should I do with you?" "Narong I-" Kyulkyung gasps as before she could finish her sentence, Nayoung lifts her up in bridal style as Kyulkyung hangs her arms around her neck. Nayoung gently lies Kyulkyung down onto the bed before lying beside her. "I love you, good night" Nayoung says as she gives Kyulkyung a soft peck on her forehead before gently making her turn her back. Nayoung then wraps her long arms around Kyulkyung's waist, spooning her as the two went to sleep.

A few moments later, Kyulkyung could feel the gentle rising and sinking of Nayoung's body which indicated that her girlfriend was now asleep. Turning herself gently to face Nayoung, Kyulkyung stared at the taller girl's face as if trying to commit every feature into memory. Narong, I'm scared and I dont know what is happening to me. But knowing you will be here always is a huge comfort. I love you so much Narongie so so much. Kyulkyung thought to herself as a lone tear rolled down her cheek while she slowly drifted into dreamland.

1 WEEK LATER

1 week has passed and in this 1 week, everything seemed to be fine with Kyulkyung. She was sitting at the corner of her bed watching Nayoung pack. Nayoung needed to go on a mandatory school field trip to the countryside for 3 days along with Minkyung and Kyungwon over the weekend. "Shorts, tshirts, jacket, socks..... Do you think I've got everything Kyul-ah?" Kyulkyung stands up from where she was and walks towards Nayoung's carrier giving it a once-over, "Babo Narong, you forgot your toothbrush! Did you do it on purpose so you dont have to brush your teeth?" Kyulkyung asked teasingly as she walked towards their bathroom to retrieve it for Nayoung. "Yah! It just so happened to slip off my mind ok" Nayoung answers as she takes the toothbrush from Kyulkyung, closes her carrier and sits Kyulkyung down on their bed. "Are you going to be okay without me? Are you sure you dont want to stayover with Yaebin or Eunwoo since Kyungwon and Minkyung are going on the trip with me too?" "I'll be fine Narongie, besides its much more convenient to just stay here and I'm lazy to pack. You dont have to worry too much about me ok, just have fun" "Alright then, hmmm its almost 3pm I guess I have to go now if not I'm so gonna be late and Minky will kill me for that" Nayoung stands and pushes her carrier to the door as Kyulkyung follows. "Call me every night ok?" Nayoung asks as she pulls Kyulkyung into a tight hug. "Yes I will Narong, I'll miss you have fun ok?" Kyulkyung says as she looks up into the taller girl's eyes and they both leaned in at that moment while closing their eyes. After letting go of each other's lips, Nayoung hugs Kyulkyung tightly once more before giving her a soft peck on her forehead. Letting go, "Bye I'll see you in 3 days". With that, Nayoung picks her carrier up and walks towards the lifts as Kyulkyung waves goodbye from inside. 

After Nayoung left, Kyulkyung did her work, had takeout for dinner and watched some dramas before she decided to head to bed. Lying on her bed, she sends Nayoung a goodnight message knowing the girl would probably be busy with the night activities. In awhile, Kyulkyung drifted into sleep. "Ahhhhhh-" Kyulkyung cried out as she jolted upright on her bed with both hands rubbing her head. Her head felt extremely heavy as if someone was pressing hardly on to it as pain radiated throughout. Stumbling, she was extremely dizzy and was trying her best to crawl to the kitchen to look for painkillers. Managing to finallly stand up, she realised that the painkillers weren't there. Narong must have brought them with her to the trip, Ahhhh-it hurts so badly right now Kyulkyung squats down by the kitchen floor as both her hands massaged her head to relieve the pain but it was not working. She then slowly tried to stand and stumbled her way onto her bed as she dialled #2 speed dial on her phone. 

"Kyul-ah? Kyul? Is that you? Is everything ok? Why are you calling me at this time?" Eunwoo was getting worried, Kyulkyung usually doesn't call her so late in the night and she could seem to hear her panting from the other side of the phone. "Nu-nunu ah, ca-can you get me some painkillers. Th-this headache is Ahhhh is killing me" Kyulkyung managed to say out as she breathed in and out heavily and lets go of her phone so she could use both hands to rub her forehead. "Im coming right now" Eunwoo ran into her kitchen to grab some painkillers and climbed up the stairs quickly and ran towards Kyulkyung's door. Typing in the passcode to the door, Eunwoo ran to Kyulkyung's room as she saw Kyulkyung curled into a ball on her bed, covered in sweat. "Kyul-ah, Im here, quick eat this" Eunwoo says as she hands Kyulkyung the painkillers and rushes to the kitchen to get some water for her. Kyulkyung quickly swallows down the painkillers and lies back down in her bed still groaning in pain. Eunwoo covers her blankets as she softly says "Its ok Kyul, you will be fine just try to sleep I'll be right here" "Thanks, Nunu-ah" Kyulkyung says as the painkillers took effect and she succumbed to her drowsiness and went to sleep.

NEXT MORNING

Kyulkyung woke up to see Eunwoo sleeping while leaning against her bedside table. Feeling better, she sat up and gave Eunwoo a slight nudge to wake the girl up. Rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, "Kyul-ah you're awake? How do you feel?" "I'm alright now Nunu, thanks for last night, I must have given you quite a scare right? Are you hungry, shall we get some breakfast?" Kyulkyung says as she gets off her bed and Eunwoo slowly stands up to stretch. "I'll cook, you just go and wash up alright Kyul" Kyulkyung gives Eunwoo a soft smile and a nod as she heads off to shower. Coming out of her bathroom, she sees porridge laid out on the dining table for her. "Let's eat?" "Thanks for breakfast Nunu, I'll eat well" Kyulkyung says as she tucks into breakfast. Eunwoo hesitated for awhile, not knowing to ask but she knows she should, she loves Kyulkyung and she cannot afford losing her. "Kyul-ah" Eunwoo says softly as Kyulkyung lifts up her head to look at Eunwoo and hums in reply. "Kyul, don't you think you should go and get a checkup? Such a bad headache is not er very normal" The headaches, the numbness, her suddenly losing her vision zoomed past her mind. Is something really wrong with me? Am I sick? Should I really go and see a doctor? "Don't worry too much about me Nunu, we just started school I guess my body is still adapting to the stress, I will go see a doctor if I have to ok" "But-" "I will be fine Nunu, plus I'm a grown adult now, I can take care of myself." Seeing that she won't be able to win, Eunwoo justs decide to nod in response to Kyulkyung, she would never win in an argument or debate with Kyulkyung, she just couldnt. "Oh and don't tell Narong ok Nunu, I dont her thinking too much about this and not be able to enjoy her fieldtrip." Why Kyul-ah, why do you care so much about her, think about yourself too, you are important too. Eunwoo justs hums in reply, she had nothing to say, she did not know what else to say. Looking up at the clock on the ceiling, Eunwoo abruptly stands "Sorry Kyul, I guess you gotta wash the dishes yourself, my shift at the cafe is in 30 mins gotta go. Call me if you are unwell again alright. I replenished your painkillers too." "Thanks Nunu, you're the best hurry up now, you don't want to be late" Kyulkyung replies as Eunwoo dashes out of her dorm.

Now left alone Kyulkyung finally was able to sort out her thoughts. Headaches, temporary blindness, numbness, forgetting stuff- is there really something happening to me? Should I really see a doctor? Kyulkyung thinks to herself as Eunwoo's words of telling her to see a doctor replayed in her mind its not very normal...