Chapter 5

From Afar

Now left alone Kyulkyung finally was able to sort out her thoughts. Headaches, temporary blindness, numbness, forgetting stuff- is there really something happening to me? Should I really see a doctor? Kyulkyung thinks to herself as Eunwoo's words of telling her to see a doctor replayed in her mind its not very normal...

There was a spoon in her hand and she was just gently stirring the bowl of porridge in front of her as a million thoughts danced about in her head. Should I really see a doctor? Maybe I should so I know there isnt anything wrong with me. Maybe I shouldn't since I am sure I am fine. But everything does not seem normal. Nayoung.... Nayoung, was everything to her. If this continues, Nayoung will discover it and she will just overthink as usual....maybe I should just see a doctor before she gets back, just to be sure, just so I know I am fine...

After somewhat having decided what she is going to do, Kyulkyung called up the nearby hospital to check when its the earliest she can get to see a doctor and get a check up done. Thankfully, someone had cancelled on their appointment last minute that evening and they told her that she could come by to see a doctor at 6pm that evening. After hanging up, she sees a message from her Nayoung "I miss you so much babe. Have you eaten? Im sorry for not calling you yesterday, I ended my activities too late at night and I knew you would be asleep by then. Activities start early today and end as late :( I miss you so much, remember to rest well ok even without me there. I love you so much" Seeing the message placed a smile on her face as she typed a short reply filled with love. I miss you so much already Narong~

It was around 4.30pm and Kyulkyung was dressed ready to head out to the hospital soon. It was still early and Kyulkyung was pacing up and down her living room wondering if she should tell Eunwoo to accompany her. She knows Eunwoo's shift ends at 5pm and if she asked Eunwoo would not hesitate to say no but at the same time, she knew that Eunwoo barely got any rest last night because of her. In all honesty though, Kyulkyung knew that the reason why she was even hesitating was because she really needed somewhere there with her. Everything that had happened to her recently was not very comforting and no matter how much she told herself she was fine, she knew there was a possibility she wasnt. At that moment though, when she was deep in her thoughts, her phone which was in her hands rang and she jumped a little, slightly shaken out of her deep thoughts. It was Eunwoo and as Kyulkyung answered the phone, it felt like an answer was provided for her.

"Kyul? Kyul, you there? Are you okay?" Eunwoo was worried about Kyulkyung the entire day while she was at her shift that even her boss could tell that there was something wrong and so her boss told Eunwoo that it was ok for her to leave slightly earlier. After she thanked her boss and headed off in the direction of their dorm building, Eunwoo decided to just ring up her best friend. Seconds into the call, aish you idiot why are you not answering, are you okay omg. Just as she was about to run back to their dorm instead Kyulkyung picked up the call. However, she did not speak at all. At that moment, Eunwoo stopped, worried about the love of her life she was relieved when Kyulkyung finally spoke. "Im here Nunu-yah, im fine." "Oh thank God you are fine. Aish you idiot you made me so worried, can you make sure you actually speak when you-" "Nunu~" Eunwoo was cut off by Kyulkyung who softly called her name, she froze and her cheeks blushed slightly. It happens everytime Kyulkyung calls her this way. She hums in reply as she waits for Kyulkyung to continue. "Nunu, I-I have a doctor's appointment at 6pm later. Can you hmmm can you come with me? But promise me you won't tell anyone about this? Its ok if you want to rest though, I know you didnt get to rest much yesterday because of me and you must have been tired the entire day at work and-" "I'll see you at the dorm exit in 15 mins?" "Yea sure, thanks Nunu, I love you" Pabo-yah, when will you ever realise that I will do anything and everything for you. You dont even need to ask...

Kyulkyung was extremely relieved after hanging up even though she felt bad because she knew that Eunwoo would not say no. As she walked to the door of her dorm room, a photo of Nayoung piggybacking her at that same beach caught her eye. She walked towards the framed photo on the wall, I hope I am fine I really do, I dont know what I will do if I ever lose you Narong. She tiptoed and placed a kiss on the photograph before heading out to meet Eunwoo.

AT THE HOSPITAL

After reaching the hospital and Kyulkyuung was registered, she was made to do various tests as Eunwoo found a place to seat and wait. Almost 2 hours later, as Eunwoo was dozing off at her seat, she felt someone giving her a slight nudge. "Wake up sleepyhead, I'm done, let's go." Eunwoo shakes awake to see a smiling Kyulkyung in front of her. She stood up and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. "Kyul, what did the doctor say?"

IN THE DOCTOR'S ROOM BEFORE

"From what I am hearing Ms Kyulkyung, it seems like what you are experiencing is a transient ischemic attack which is something like a mini- and you have had it a few times now. The symptoms usually do not last more than 24 hours as with yours but causes vary in severity. I cannot conclude anything as of now so I need you to come back in a week or so to give you a diagnosis when I have your test results." The doctor said as Kyulkyung sat there listening to every word. "Will I be fine?" "I am sorry Ms Kyulkyung, but I cannot give you a definite answer as of now. But what I can say is continue to live your life as normal for now and I will see you again when your test results are out." The doctor replied with a smile. That smile somehow manages to comfort Kyulkyung as she leaves the room. I guess all I can do is wait...

BACK TO WHERE EUNWOO IS

"Hmmm, she said its some kind of a mini but she does not know why I got it yet, I need to come back in a week to get a proper diagnosis when my test results are out" "Hmmmm okay, I will come with you then, you okay Kyul?" Eunwoo asked as she stopped both of them a slightly pulled Kyulkyung to face her. Looking straight into Eunwoo's eyes, Kyulkyung could not take it any more as tears started to fall out of her eyes uncontrollably. Eunwoo pulls Kyulkyung into a tight hug as her hand gently carresses her back and softly repeating its okay. After calming down a little,Kyulkyung finally says something while still hugging Eunwoo. "Nunu-yah, I am scared honestly, I dont want to leave any of you guys just yet. And Nayoung, I dont want her to be worried and I dont want to leave her, what should I do Nunu-ah" "You are not going anywhere and I am not leaving, we will get through it together if anything" Eunwoo moves her hands to Kyulkyung's shoulders as she shifted Kyulkyung from that position so she could look into her eyes. "I am here Kyul, I have been and always will. So dont think about it too much, besides like you say you might just turn out to be fine right?" Eunwoo says as a bright smile paints her face. Seeing that smile, Kyulkyung couldnt help but smile too. "You're right Nunu, I am sure I am going to be fine. Let's go back?" Kyulkyung links her arms with Eunwoo before both of them headed back to their dorm.

They were back and standing outside of Kyulkyung and Nayoung's dorm because Eunwoo insisted on sending her back to her doorstep. "Thanks for today Nunu-yah, I know I have said this many times but don't tell anyone about this okay? Especially Narong, I dont want her getting worried and overthinking" "Yea I got it Kyul" "Thanks again Nunu, go back and have a good rest ok". After saying which, Kyulkyung opened the door to her dorm and headed inside whilst keeping the door still open. "Call me if anything ok Kyul, sleep well" I really love you so so much It was what she wanted to say too but she knew she should not. No. Eunwoo you can't. She is Nayoung's and Nayoung is family. Turning around, she heads to the stairs before turning back one last time to wave to Kyulkyung who was waiting for her to head downstairs to her dorm from her door. 

I really hope you will be ok Kyul-ah, I really do.