Chapter 15

From Afar

She gave up everything back in Korea to move to Germany so that she could help with the treatment research. She knew the prototype treatment method will not prevent her from losing her memory but it should work somehow to reduce the number of attacks she got, but it didn't. She came hoping that she would at least be of some use before her dementia gets any worse and she can no longer survive without aid, but it turned out she was of no use at all. The treatment was not working on her and for all she knew she could just get a severe anytime soon and die from it. Everything was for nothing...no, it can't be, well at least Nayoung won't need to live with a dying and useless girlfriend. I miss you so much Narong, and Nunu too and all of you, but I am just going to forget all of you soon...will you guys forget me then too?

Kyulkyung had ran back to her room with tears streamming down her eyes before slopping down into a corner of her room as she buried her head into her knees and bawled. It has been more than three months since she left everyone she loved in Korea, she misses every single one of them deeply. Kyulkyung never knew who her family was, the other 9 of them were are only family, yet to protect the one person she so dearly loved, she had to turn her back from her own family and leave them behind. She really missed them, all the times they had fun in the orphanage and the times they played in high school. Yes, the times she misses stops there because that is all she can remember now. 

Kyulkyung is not sure how long it is that she has sat at the corner of her room bawling her eyes out. She has calmed down now and has been staring into space for God knows how long. Walking over to her bedside table, she picks up her phone before walking back to the corner again and slopping down there. She has no idea what time it is in Korea now, she justs dials Nayoung's number. Can I just hear your voice, for once?

BACK IN KOREA

It was lunch time back in Korea and as usual the 9 of them were eating lunch together. Minkyung was seated beside Nayoung who was seating beside the Kang couple and the rest of them sat across. While eating, Nayoung felt her phone vibrating in her pocket and took it out only to see My one and only Kyulkyung calling. She stared at her phone without answering as it continued to vibrate in her hands. Yaebin who was sitting beside her noticed, "Why are you just staring at your vibrating phone, who is call-? WHAT?!". Yaebin had said as she turned to see who exactly was calling that got Nayoung stunned. "OMG OMG OMG ITS KYUL" Yaebin says as she grabs Nayoung's phone and answers it for her. "Hello? Kyul, OMG YOU WHERE ARE YOU?" All of them had missed Kyulkyung, for Yaebin, it was a weird and uncomfortable three months only going to class with Eunwoo. "OMG KANG YAEBIN PUT HER ON SPEAKER!" Kyungwon had shouted pretty loudly considering that they were in the cafeteria. Hearing that Yaebin quickly places the phone on speaker and in the middle of the table.

"YAH KYULKYUNG, WE MISS YOU WHERE ARE YOU?" "CAN YOU SPEAK OMG? SAY SOMETHING KYULKYUNG" They were all shouting into the phone speaker one after the one another. Well not all of them, Nayoung, Minkyung and Eunwoo were just quietly staring at the others screaming into Nayoung's phone. Nayoung still looked rather stunned and she had not spoken a word ever since Yaebin answered the call. She had alot she wanted to say though, alot of questions to be exact. Where are you? Why did you leave me? Why did you do this to me?  Do you know what a mess I was without you? Do you miss meDo you still love me? The endless string of questions that was filling her head seemed to have left her rather speechless.

Seeing how Nayoung had reacted to Kyulkyung's call, Minkyung stretched her right arm over to give Nayoung's hands a squeeze. That kind of worked as Nayoung seemed to have awoken from her daze as she turns to face Minkyung who was smiling brightly at her. Right, I have Minky now, she has done so much for me, she picked me up when you broke me, I can't do this to her. She should matter more. Nayoung briefly returns the smile as Minkyung said, "Talk to her, I think she missed you too" too...Minky, you.

Yes, Minkyung knew, she knew that Nayoung had missed Kyulkyung, she understood. Even though Kyulkyung had broken Nayoung down thoroughly three months back and Minkyung was the one who fixed her, Nayoung still loved Kyulkyung more. Minkyung knew the void Kyulkyung left in Nayoung's heart is one she can never fill. "Minkyung, you..." Nayoung had tried to say something before she was cut by Minkyung by a peck on her lips. "I know Narong, I know some part of you still loves her, so talk to her, its ok you don't have to worry about what I will think. Kyulkyung means alot to me too you know, we are one big family and Kyul has been alone for three months, she must have missed you."

Gaining courage from what Minkyung said, Nayoung picks up the phone and said "Kyul, I miss you." There was no reply from the other side, "Kyul, say som-" Doooooooooo. The sound of the call disengaging could be heard across the table. Sighs could be heard from everyone at the table as Nayoung just stared at her now beeping phone, the beep sound of a phone call that was ended was all she could hear. Taking the phone from Nayoung, Minkyung ends locks in for her, and squeezes Nayoung's hand once again and smiles. Seeing Minkyung's smile, Nayoung lets out her sigh before she goes back to eating. Where ever you are Kyul, take care of yourself please...I miss you. I still love you.

"Hey, where's Eunwoo?" It is only then that the Yaebin realises her friend was missing. Yaebin realised that Eunwoo did not speak when Kyulkyung called and being worried for her friend she picked her phone to call her only to see Eunwoo's message. "Im fine, don't be worried. Just need some time, see you at class." And so Yaebin decides to give Eunwoo some space and drag her out later so she could forget a little.

She called Nayoung, not me. Its been three months Kyul, don't you miss me too. Nayoung's got Minkyung now, but who is gonna fill this hole you left in my life. I love you so much Kyul, do you not see? Eunwoo did not speak to Kyulkyung on the phone. She did not know what exactly to say or to ask. There was so much she wanted to say and so much she wanted to ask, above it all, she just wanted to run to where Kyulkyung is now to give her the biggest hug ever. Kyul-ah, can you come back soon? I want to see you so badly...what exactly is it that you have to wait for so long to tell me...