Chapter 11

From Afar

NAYOUNG AND KYULKYUNG'S DORM 

After getting a call from Nayoung, Minkyung dropped all she was doing and rushed up to Nayoung. She could tell just by her voice that Nayoung was breaking apart. It hurts it does, to see the one and only love of your life break apart but its not because of you, and you can't help but be there to watch because you knew she needed you. "Nayoung", Minkyung gently calls out as she pants softly trying to catch her breath. After opening the door to the dorm she saw Nayoung just sitting on the floor of the dorm, dazed and sobbing. "Minky, Minky, why, why is see doing this to me?" Nayoung breaks into tears the moment she sees Minkyung. Minkyung pulls Nayoung into a tight hug as she slowly carressed her back and softly ran her other hand through Nayoung's hair, "I'm sorry Nayoung, I don't know too. But I will be here, I have always been, you can get through this, you can get over her, I will help you." This time Nayoung, will you finally open your eyes to look at me for once. I love you and this love has never stopped. This time Nayoung, let me take care of you. Minkyung continued whispering comforting words to Nayoung through the night as they stayed there on the ground and slowly Nayoung's cries turn into occasional sobs and tears stopped flowing ultimately.

Minkyung pulled Nayoung out of the hug, being slightly taller than Nayoung. She carries Nayoung bridal style, lifting her up gently. Nayoung was a little startled by Minkyung's actions but she did not oppose the affection given to her. Her heart was bleeding and she needed comfort. Minkyung just so happened to be the only one who can give that to her now. Minkyung carried Nayoung to her bed and tucked her in. She sat beside Nayoung hand in hers before softly saying, "Goodnight Nayoung, sleep and deal with everything else tomorrow." With that, Nayoung drifted to sleep rather easily being to tired from all that has happened in just one night.

NEXT MORNING

Nayoung woke up to the smell of breakfast in the dorm, thinking it was Kyulkyung who was back and trying to make it up to her, she rushes to the kitchen. "Kyul, you're back. Oh-. Morning, Minky. Did Kyulkyung come back at all?" Her excitement plunged right down when she saw who it was in the kitchen preparing breakfast. Rolling her eyes as she dished out the breakfast, Minkyung replies, "Does it matter if she did? But anyways to answer your question, no she didn't. So come and eat breakfast." She didn't come home all night? Where could she be? Where would she have slept? Nayoung's mind was filled with nothing but questions about Kyulkyung, mostly worrying about where the girl would have spent the night. She was practically just staring at her food. 

She could not bear seeing Nayoung just worrying about the girl who broke her heart and so she snaps her finger right in front of Nayoung's face. "Eat Nayoung, stop thinking about her, she doesn't deserve it. For once can you think about yourself first and love yourself more than you love her." Nayoung wanted to retort, she wanted to say something to counter Minkyung but she couldn't. Why? Because the girl made sense and she spoke nothing but the truth, they both knew it. Sighing, Nayoung decides to just listen to what Minkyung says and eat. She knows Minkyung is not going to let her miss school and so she just goes ahead to prepare for school as Minkyung cleans up and goes back to her dorm to prepare for school too. 

SCHOOL

Upon reaching school, she finds a way to shake Minkyung off, she needs to look for Kyulkyung and she knows Minkyung won't allow her to do so. "Minky, I will just head to the restroom real quick, you head to class first alright?" With that Nayoung dashes off. She is not heading to the toilet, she is running to Kyulkyung's lecture theatre. Upon reaching the theatre, Nayoung peeked from the outside and she saw Kyulkyung still decked in the clothes she was wearing yesterday. She wanted to run to the girl and tell her how worried she was but then she stopped. Kyulkyung was sitting there laughing her head off with Eunwoo and Yaebin and looking as radiant as ever. Meanwhile, there she was, her heart broken and shattered into uncountable pieces and her eyes puffy and dry from all the crying last night. Yet Kyulkyung, the one who caused all the her pain, the one who she loved was fine. Not being able to accept the truth, Nayoung retreated backwards but she soon hit a rather soft object, more like person. She turned and she sees Minkyung looking at her. Without saying a word, Minkyung just pulls Nayoung into a hug as she sobbed softly into Minkyung's chest.

After Nayoung has seemingly calmed down, Minkyung pulls Nayoung from her chest and says, "Stand aside Nayoung and don't get involved, I am not letting her get away with this." "What- Minkyung" In a split second, Minkyung had run into Kyulkyung's lecture hall screaming "Yah! Ju Kyulkyung!" The commotion caused everyone around to look. Nayoung rushes in and holds Minkyung's hand and pulls her back slightly, "Stop Minky, I'm fine, let's just go". Not even bothering to reply, Minkyung just shakes Nayoung off and this shocks Nayoung alittle. Before she knows it, Kyulkyung had already landed a heavy punch onto Kyulkyung who just stumbled onto the ground. The girl was short and she was obviously of no match against Minkyung, but she did not even retaliate. She just allowed Minkyung to land a heavy blow after another heavy blow onto her face. It was as if there was no soul in her as she just allowed Minkyung to drag and punch her.

"You.Are.Such.An..You.Cheater" With each word Minkyung spoke, a heavy punch was landed onto Kyulkyung's face. Eunwoo and Yaebin had tried to pull Minkyung away from Kyulkyung but both of them could not match her strength. Nayoung just stood there rather stunned by what was going on as tears just continued to trickle down her face. It wasn't until the commotion had caught the attention of so many people that Kyungwon appeared and managed to pull Minkyung away from Kyulkyung. "LET ME GO! LET ME GO! SHE DESERVES THIS! SHE-" Minkyung continued to struggle as Kyungwon pulled her back and she finally stopped when she felt that her entire body had no energy left. Eunwoo and Yaebin rushed to Kyulkyung to help her up. Her face was swollen and her nose and lips were all bleeding. After standing up though, Kyulkyung shakes Eunwoo and Yaebin off softly before staggering slowly towards the exit of the lecture theatre. Eunwoo tried to follow her but, "Don't follow, Eunwoo. Don't" Just with that alone, Eunwoo stopped. She just stared as Kyulkyung staggered her way out of the lecture theatre, passing Nayoung without even sparing her a glance. Kyul, what exactly is going on, you love Nayoung don't you, why are you doing this to her and to yourself? Eunwoo could not understand why Kyulkyung was doing this, she knew Kyulkyung was hurting too but she has no clue as to why her best friend and her one and only love would do this.

Staggerring out of the lecture theatre, Kyulkyung managed to get a taxi and told the driver to just drive around. She had no destination in mind, she just wanted to get out of there so that Nayoung did not have to continue staring at this image of hers. I will be gone soon and I hope you will only have pretty memories of me. She knew she deserved every single punch that had landed onto her face and so she did not retaliate. She took it all in, she had to, she wanted to cry out and she wanted to argue that she did not have a choice. She wanted it to be known that hurting Nayoung was killing her too but she knew she could not. The plan is working, its working, it will be worth it. Hold on more Nayoung, it will only get worse, I will make you want me to leave because it is the only request of yours ever that I can complete now.