Chapter 8

From Afar

I am sorry Narong, forgive me but I cant bear seeing you have to deal with me when I forget everything, when I forget that I love you. I hope you find someone else more deserving of your love, someone who will actually remember you forever when I leave ultimately. I am sorry Narong, sorry for having to hurt you in the days to come. But this is for you, for my one and only love. So bear with the short term pain ok Narong, and I hope you forgive me one day.

The night she came back from seeing Dr Kim, Kyulkyung could not sleep, she was just staring at the ceiling while coming up with countless plans to find a way to leave Nayoung that will not leave her too suspicious. She did not have much time left, if she were to have a full out while she remained in Seoul, she knew she will not be able to hide it from the 9 of them, especially not Nayoung. She needed to find a way to get Nayoung to rather have her leave, she needed to hurt Nayoung badly now so she will not hurt in future. ughh, what do I do, I can't seem to come up with anything that I can use. ugh, think Kyulkyung why are you so dumb, come on. Honestly, it was not because she could not come up with anything, it was more of her not having the courage to pull off acts of hurting Nayoung. I need to do this, I need to do this for her, even if she ends up hurting now, at least she doesn't need to live with the burden I am about to become. 

Kyulkyung finally had a plan and she was determined to do it, she needs to leave soon, she cannot afford to wait and risk getting found out. She knew Nayoung too well, she knew Nayoung meant it when she said she was going to carry Kyulkyung's burdens on her shoulders. Kyulkyung knew it all too well, but how can Kyulkyung bear to see Nayoung live with someone who cannot even remember her, or worse someone who may just die anytime and even if alive, is just going to be a useless person. I can do this, I will do this. Its for you Nayoung, you dont have to forgive me but trust me when I say its for you. Everything I do it has and always will be for you, the only person I will ever love in this life. 

2 DAYS LATER

Kyulkyung, Eunwoo and Yaebin had ended classes already. If it were any other normal day, Kyulkyung would be off with Yaebin to look for Nayoung and Kyungwon so that they can go back home together. But today was not any other normal day. Today, Kyulkyung starts her plan, starts her plan to hurt the one person she loves. "Bye you two, I am off to my shift now" Eunwoo says as she rushes out the lecture theatre. "You coming Kyul?" Yaebin asks while packing up her stuff. "You go ahead, Yaebin I am meeting Mina for a project, bye" "But we it is not even-" Yaebin did not finish her sentence but Kyulkyung had already left the room. "-due yet". Yaebin says to herself as she was rather dumbfounded. This is not like Kyul, the project's due date is like 1 month from now, this is weird? Still though, Yaebin left the room and headed to where Nayoung, Minkyung and Kyungwon had their lessons. She picked up her pace a little since she knew that their lessons were ending soon.

"Its just you Yaeb? Where's Kyul?" Nayoung asks the short girl who is currently clinging onto her rather tall girlfriend. "Hmmm, she didn't tell you Nayoung? She said she was going to go do a project with Mina?" "Oh" That was all Nayoung could say. This was not like Kyulkyung, she would always tell Nayoung where she would be at. Nayoung did not really know what to think so she just shrugged it off and decided to head back to the dorm with the rest.

On the way back to the dorm, the 4 of them had catched dinner together where Nayoung barely ate anything still wondering why Kyulkyung did not tell her where she went. She always overthinks and she knows it but she could not help it. Minkyung just looked on worriedly as Nayoung just stared at her food. Nana, eat please. Can you stop thinking about Kyulkyung for once and care about yourself more? Minkyung knew what Nayoung was thinking about. Over the years, Minkyung has come to notice every single small little detail about Nayoung but she never crossed the best friend line. Minkyung knew where she stood in Nayoung's life. Furthermore, Kyulkyung was important to her too, Kyulkyung was family just like the other 9 girls so she kept all her feelings to herself. All she wanted was for Nayoung to be happy and for that she was willing to allow herself to continuously get hurt as she stood by Nayoung, being the support that she needed. 

It was 8pm by the time Nayoung reached their dorm to ponly find it empty and how it was when she left it today morning. She dragged herself to the toilet to get wash up. After which, she picked her phone up to call Kyulkyung, it was close to 9pm already and she has not heard from her girlfriend the entire day which is totally unlike Kyulkyung. Ugh why isn't she picking up? Nayoung dragged herself to their bed where she sat up, staring into space as she waited for Kyulkyung to come back.

Ding dong ding dong ding dong. Nayoung jumped up slightly from her position on her bed. She fell asleep waiting for Kyulkyung. She turned to find the space beside her still empty. Picking up her phone to check the time, she realised it was already 2am. Its already 2am and she isnt back yet where could she be ugh. Ding dong ding dong. Nayoung's thoughts were disrupted by the door bell ringing. Eish who could it be at 2am in the morning. She headed out of bed to open the door only to find a wasted Kyulkyung sitting outside of their dorm room. "Kyul? Omg Kyul, what happened?" She rushed to pick the girl up, she smelt like alcohol and cigarettes. That was not the only smell coming from Kyulkyung's body though, a acidic orange smell penetrated her nose. This is not Kyulkyung's perfume... Lifting the Kyulkyung in her arms, Nayoung carried her bridal style to their room before gently placing her on their bed. "Narong~ /giggles/, Narongie come here" Kyulkyung says with a slur as she picks herself up. She pulls Nayoung into a hug and places the girl's head on her shoulder where she knew Nayoung would have a clear view of her neck. 

Aish this girl, what do you want. Nayoung was trying to get some clothes to change Kyulkyung before she hears Kyulkyung drunkenly calling her name. She walks towards Kyulkyung, slightly shocked when Kyulkyung pulls her into a hug. Aish, you are always clingly when you are drunk aren't you. Wait what, what is this. Nayoung could not believe her eyes, on Kyulkyung's neck was a dark purple bruise. She knew what it was of course. Shocked for a momment, Nayoung pulled herself out of the hug and just stared at Kyulkyung. She was trying to digest what she just saw. Kyul, you, you...what exactly did you do and where exactly were you at...you, why would you do this to me. There were too many questions in Nayoung's head, she turned around to prevent herself from spilling the tears that were so close to falling out of her eye. She grabbed some fresh clothes for Kyulkyung from the cupboard and when she turned around, she saw that the girl had already fallen asleep. Gently, Nayoung changed Kyulkyung's clothes and went to their bed. Backfacing Kyulkyung, she sobbed softly as she slept. 

EARLIER AFTER SCHOOL

Kyulkyung felt bad for leaving Yaebin hanging and somehow using Yaebin in her plans but she did not have a choice. She knew that Nayoung would wonder why she did not tell her anything about going to do a project and she knew that Nayoung would spend the night waiting for her. She knew this was cruel, but she knew she had no choice. She headed to the hospital to meet Dr Kim. "There are alot more details I have to go through with you for the entire treatment process and some matters we have to discuss but since I have a rather packed schedule this week, I was wondering if you were free to meet outside over a meal maybe to discuss them?" Dr Kim asked Kyulkyung. "Sure, is Saturday morning fine with you" Kyulkyung asked planning to make use of her 'hike' as an excuse to head out. "Sure I will see you on Saturday then Ms Kyulkyung".

Leaving the hospital, Kyulkyung headed to a club. She was not going to get herself drunk of cause but she needed to be convincing. So sitting down at the smoking corner of the club, she ordered herself some vodka. She drank enough to make her cheeks look pink but not enough to get herself drunk. She then headed to the toilet where she saw another woman seemingly arranging her dress and putting on some perfume. "Sorry to disturb but isit ok if I borrowed some of that perfume?" Kyulkyung asked, hoping this woman would somehow agree. "Sure". And so Kyulkyung sprays abit of that orange perfume on herself. After the woman exits the room. Kyulkyung starts using different shades of lipstick to create a 'hickey' on her neck. Somewhat satisfied with how she looked. She decided to just wait out until it was 1 or 2am to head home. 

Her plan was rather successful, she knew because she could her Nayoung sobbing besidde her the entire night, only stopping when she fell asleep. Unknown to Nayoung, Kyulkyung was not asleep as tears streammed down the shorter girl's face. I'm sorry Narong, I'm sorry. Please be sure to hold on through all the pain and hurt I will give to you. This hurt will be short lived. It is better for you to hurt now than to hurt for a lifetime with me. So please, somehow make sure you can go through this. Im sorry Narong. I love you but you will not hear these 3 words from me from this moment on...