Chapter 3

From Afar

CAFETERIA LUNCH TIME

"Heol its already 2PM?! Nana we gotta get to tutorial!" Minkyung says as she stands up whilst picking up their trays of food. "Ughhh Minky I am so not feeling tutorial today please drag me there" "Shut up Kyungwon! Cmon lets go guys I dont want to get scolded on the first day of class, we should make a good impression!" Minkyung drags a whining Kyungwon off her seat grabbing the tray in front of Kyungwon and shoving it into her hands. "Here nana, I'll return your trays for you" "Thanks Minky!"

Minkyung and Kyungwon disappear into the crowd together with Yaebin following behind them since she would not lose a single second to spend with her girlfriend. "Guess we should get going to, our next class is a 10 mins walk from her, cya guys at the dorms later!" Sungyeon says as she grabs Yewon's hand and they head out of the Cafeteria with Kyla and a still pouting Siyeon following closely behind. That left Nayoung, Kyulkyung and Eunwoo at the table. "Let's go, Kyul? Class is over the other side of campus we should hurry there, I'm guessing Yaebin will just see us there." "Yeah, lets go Nunu." After saying which Kyulkyung turns to Nayoung and they both stand up together. At the moment which they stand, Kyulkyung feels her legs go weak on her and she falters back onto her chair. "Kyul?!" Nayoung exclaims a little louder than usual causing Eunwoo who had her head turned away to look back. "You alright? What happened? Can you stand?" Kyulkyung was frigthened for a second, she could not feel her legs and they felt extremely numb and all of a sudden they felt normal again as she massaged them. "Im fine Narongie, guess I have been sitting for too long, my legs must have gone numb, no biggie!" Kyulkyung says as she stands and gives a short peck on Nayoung's right cheek which made Nayoung blush slightly. "You sure?" Kyulkyung gives Nayoung an assuring nod, "I am really fine, now head to class alright I will see you later, dont miss me too much" Kyulkyung laughs as she walks towards Eunwoo linking arms with her as they walk towards class.

"Kyul, you sure you're fine? First you get a headache and next your legs feel numb, isn't it too much of a coincidence?" Eunwoo asks with a frown on her face as she walked to class with Kyulkyung. Kyulkyung stops, turns to face a slightly startled Eunwoo. She raises her right hand and pushes Eunwoo's frowning eyebrows apart, "Im fine babo dont worry, lets just head to class shall we? And dont frown, I dont like that look on your face". Eunwoo smiles and blushes alittle which goes unnoticed by Kyulkyung as she was now looking ahead as they continued walking. As they walked, Kyulkyung had her eyes aheaad and Eunwoo had her eyes on Kyulkyung. She was admiring how the sunlight brighthened up the face of the beauty beside her. How it felt like Kyulkyung was literally radiating. Ahhhhh, why do you have to be so pretty and caring. Stop making it anymore difficult to stop falling for you, Kyul-ah. No matter what though, I will be here. Don't be sick, it will only hurt me more.

 

5 DAYS LATER (SATURDAY)

It was soon the weekends. Kyulkyung and Nayoung were supposed to be going on a date today. Kyulkyung really wanted to watch the Emoji Movie and Nayoung had promised to go watch it with her that weekend. Though, Nayoung really did not understand how interesting a bunch of emojis talking could be. But she will do it for Kyulkyung anyways. Kyulkyung was Nayoung's everything and Nayoung, Kyulkyung's. It has always been like this for them consideiring that they had no one else in the world. They had no family-wait, no they did-the 10 of them were family. They were all one another had. 

And as always, Nayoung was already ready and wearing her shoes as Kyulkyung was using the toilet. 

Done with her business, Kyulkyung walked towards the sink and was washing her hands when blink, blink again. Wait what is going on. Trembling, Kyulkyung raised her left hand and covered her left eye. Darkness. Pitch black darkness greeted her and she realised that she could not see anything from her right eye. She removes her left hand from her left eye before she closes both eyes again and shakes her head a little. No, this can't be happening, I am just imagining things. Wake up Kyulkyung. Wake Up! She stops opens her eyes and realises that her vision was restored. "Kyul-ah, we are going to be late for the movie if you don't come out soon!" Nayoung's voice shakes Kyulkyung out of her daze as she replies "Nae, coming". Kyulkyung looks herself once more in the mirror before she exhales and smiles when walking out of the toilet not wanting to worry her Nayoung. 

"There you are, what took you so long Kyul?" "Nothing, im fine. Lets go? Im eggcited Narong, i bet its going to be shooooo cute, don't you think so?" And Kyulkyung scrunches up her nose while smiling at Nayoung. Nayoung reaches out her hands and pats Kyulkyung's head softly, giving her a warm smile before placing an open palm infront of Kyulkyung. "My lady, shall we?" Kyulkyung bursts out laughing but still grabs Nayoung's hand as if she was really a princess as they walked out of their dorm. Throwing whatever had happened to the back of her mind, Kyulkyung headed out with Nayoung for yet another perfect date. Because everything about Nayoung to her was perfect and she would never give her up, not even for the world. 

THAT NIGHT

After a long day out with Nayoung where Kyulkyung had dragged Nayoung into shop after shop to only not buy anything at all at the end of the day. The movie was as good as Kyulkyung had hoped it was and they had dinner at their favourite restaurant. Ahhhh what a perfect day. Kyulkyung thought as she sat at her study desk in their dorm. A smile reached her face as she though about her day with Nayoung but the smile instantly turned into a frown when she remembered what happened that morning. It was nothing, I must have been too tired at school that I was imagining things. Kyulkyung tells herself in an attempt to shake her thoughts. She reaches for her desk drawer and pulls out her diary when a photograph of a wide sandy beach fell out of it. Lying on the beach was a pair of crutches. Hmmm, what is this photo doing here, maybe its Narong's? "Narong~ Narong ~" Kyulkyung calls out as Nayoung walks over and seeing the photo Kyulkyung has in her hands, a smile instantly reaches her face. "Yes Kyul-ah?" 

"Narong, is this photo yours? What is it doing in my diary?" Kyulkyung asks as she turns and faces Nayoung, a look of confusion on her face. "Really? Kyul-ah, you aren't kidding me right?"