Chapter 1

From Afar

"I LIKE DU DU DU DU DU DU! YOU LIKE DU DU DU DU DU DU! WE LIKE DU DU DU DU DU DU! DU DU DU DU DU DU!....."

"Aah" Nayoung screams as she feels a body land on her back as We Like plays in the background. "Its time to wake up Narongie we are both going to be late for school. Its already the fifth time your alarm is ringing." Kyulkyung laments. "Fine fine fine omg now can you get off me I feel my lungs running out of oxygen..." Nayoung replies as she is panting. "Yay, Narongie is finally awake, you're sucha a lazy I have no idea how I fell in love with you." Kyulkyung says as she gets of Nayoung's back and walk towards the cupboard to pick out her clothes. Meanwhile, Nayoung has gotten up, sitting cross-legged on the bed as she massages her shoulders before turning her head to where Kyulkyung was. Kyulkyung was wearing an oversized sweater and super short shorts, so short that she looks like she isnt wearing anything bottom....hmmm maybe she isnt. I wonder how you became mine...Nayoung thought as she stared dreamily at the back of the gorgeous woman in front of her. 

Hmmm...Muscle tees with shorts or a flannel with jeans or perhaps a crop tee with...Kyulkyung's thoughts were interrupted when she felt a pair of long arms wrap around her and a weight on her shoulders. She could smelll the sweet caramel flavoured shampoo of the red-haired woman who was hugging her from behind as she leaned in to the hug. If only we could do this all day She thought. But nope school is calling. "As much as I love you Narongie and your wonderful hugs I dont think I want to kiss you when your mouth smells like that. Go brush your teeth and wash up please we have lectures in an hour now shoo." Kyulkyung can feel Nayoung pout on her shoulder as she drags her body to the toilet. Going back to choosing what clothes to wear to school today Kyulkyung smiles to herself as she wonders how on earth did she get Im Na Young, the hottest girl on campus and the person she has been crushing on since she was 16 to be hers. But then again she was any less stunning.

BACKGROUND

Kyulkyung and Nayoung alike grew up in Pledis orphanage with their other friends. (A/N: All the members are the same age in this story for simplicity). Kyulkyung and her two pals, Sungyeon and Siyeon have been there since they were born and neither had the slightest idea of who their parents are assuming they all died before they were born. When they were all 8, a rather tall 8 year old with close to zero expressions on her face came. Their caretakers introduced her as Im Nayoung. Im Nayoung seemed rather quiet all the time and sat at the corner when everyone else was playing. Kyulkyung and her friends never bothered much about her until one day when Kyulkyung was walking towards the rooftop of their orphannage, her favourite hiding spot to observe the stars that painted the nightsky, she heard the faint sound of a kid sobbing and decided to check it out. To her surprise she found 5 year old Im Nayoung with her hair shriveled and night down looking so very vulnerable. Kyulkyung being 8 did not know what to do, she approached Nayoung carefully and said "Want to watch the stars together?" as she extended her small pinkish hand to the tall girl. As Nayoung looked up, Kyulkyung saw her brownish and sparkling orbs filled with tears and smiled while scrunching up her nose. This placed a smile on Nayoung's face as she took the hand extended to her. The two kids spent the night up at the rooftop where Kyulkyung learned that Nayoung's family died when she was baby and her grandma who was in charge of looking after her passed away after falling down a flight of stairs at the park while trying to catch Nayoung. That night on the rooftop, Kyulkyung let Nayoung cry her eyes out and said "Its ok just like the stars that are always there for me, I will be here for you forever." From that day on, Nayoung joined Kyulkyung's group of friends.

A year later a few more kids their age joined who became close friends with the four. First was Kyla and Yewon who came in together and then came Eunwoo and Yaebin. And somehow just somehow, Eunwoo and Kyulkyung came to be very close and were almost always together. Seeing the two, 9 year old Nayoung felt something stir in her since Kyulkyung used to be the one always clinging on to her but she got over it in no time. The 8 of them grew really close to one another as they played pranks on the other kids at the orphanage and schemed to steal the chocolates and sweets from the kitchen. The next year 2 tall 10 year old kids joined they were Minkyung and Kyungwon. Just as how Eunwoo and Kyulkyung clicked the moment they met so did Minkyung and Nayoung who often went off on their own which made 10 year old Kyulkyung feel things she didnt understand who just shrugged it off.

Fast forward to when they were 16 and they all attended the same high school which was nearby their orphanage, Kyulkyung finally understood what that feeling was when she saw a guy in their school confessing to Nayoung. She walked up to that guy, took the flowers in his hand, threw them on the floor and stepped on them as she walked out of the class. That night, Nayoung found Kyulkyung on their rooftop where both just sat in comfortable silence lifting their unspoken feelings to the stars hoping the stars would convey it for them.

It was not until they entered college where they all moved out and were supposed to shift to dorms on their campus. The other 8 tired of seeing the two dance about with their feelings for each other made it such that the two shared a room. Let us just say after a night at the freshmen party where they were both tipsy, some stuff happened in their room which led to them naturally getting together.

That was all 1 year ago, for Kyulkyung getting together with Nayoung was a dream come true after years of crushing on her and trying to not let her feelings show. She hoped that they would last forever but life almost never works out the way we want it to right?