010-DECLA-RATION

HOTLINE 010
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*RING* *RING*

 

Dara bit her lip as she bounced her leg anxiously against her wooden bedroom floor. Her schoolwork had been dutifully ignored on her desk and her dirty clothes had been thrown on the side of the room to make a foul-smelling pile. 

 

*RING* *RING*

 

He wasn't picking up the phone and it was making her more irritable than it should have. Dara wiped a hand across her face and checked to see if it was still on the line. It was but he just wasn't picking it up. 

 

Karma's a , she thought ruefully. 

 

After a few more seconds, he finally picked up and she found herself releasing the breath she unconsciously held. She tucked her legs closer to her chin and waited for the sound of his voice. 

 

"Dar?" he sounded sleepy, almost as if he had been awakened from sleep. The girl pressed her lips together and suppressed the curl on the corner of .

 

"Dar?" she muttered incredulously. "Is that supposed to be my name?" He was only one letter short. 

 

The man yawned over the line and she heard him smacking his lips mindlessly. "Isn't that your name? Dar?"

 

A grin formed on her face as she shook her head amusedly. "Not quite." she answered. "Besides, 'Dar' sounds retarted."

 

"SEE! That's what I said. We think so much alike, baby. We really are meant to be for each other." 

 

She laughed and he laughed along with her, albeit a little confused on what was going on. When he heard her chuckles subside, he took a chance to sit up and savor the soft melody. He smiled to himself and raked a hand through his bedhead with a playful bite to his lip. 

 

"Hey," he started.

 

Dara shook her head, "Hey."

 

"This is your first time calling me." he said. Dara scoffed but her cheeks warmed at her statement. "My foxy noona's getting bold now, isn't she?" She rolled her eyes. "What's up? Why're you calling at 3 in the morning?" 

 

She scrunched her brows in confusion. "It's 11 am already, shoes guy." 

 

"It is? Stupid watch." he groaned, sounding surprised. A second later, he was chuckling that chuckle that she hated so much. "Keep calling me that. Shoes guy." he snickered again making her frown. 

 

She really didn't want to admit that his laughter was doing... things to her. She hated it. 

 

"Shoes guy," he giggled. 

 

"Ahhh it brings so much memories." 

 

"What kind of memories?" She was curious. After dissecting that cut off photo of them, that was all she could think about. She didn't even sleep that night because of him. That was a problem. A big problem. Nothing stops Sandara Park from sleep.

 

But this man apparently did. 

 

"I don't think you wanna know." she could imagine a teasing smile in his face and she didn't like it one bit. Him, Seunghyun, and Bom's responses to the alleged 'incident' between them made her strongly believe that the experience was something that she should just bury in the ground and leave to be forgotten.

 

But she just couldn't.

 

"I wanna know." Dara mumbled with conviction. 

 

"Do you though?" 

 

She gritted her teeth. "How would I know what to decide if I don't even remember?" she huffed. "Just tell me." 

 

"Why so sudden though?"

 

The picture... 

 

"Is everything alright, babe?" she hated that she could hear the concern in his voice.

 

"Why do you keep calling me 'babe'?" it sounded strained. 

 

He yawned. "Because we never exchanged names and I still don't know your name." She was about to respond when he cut her off. "The others won't tell me either." 

 

Same, she thought sourly. And by 'others' she knew he meant Bom and Seunghyun. Those two seemed like the only ones who knew about him and their little 'affair'. 

 

Dara moistened her chapped lips and clear . "Was I drunk when we met?" 

 

"There's a reason why my name on your phone is 'Don't Drink'." He laughed softly. "I'll be your own personal reminder." 

 

She cringed. "Was I that bad?"

 

"Absolutely not. You helped me see colors again and helped me stand up from my wheelchair. You were simply a godsend, darling." 

 

"... Are you serious right now? Are you... in the hospital or something?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter