010-IT'S-GENETIC

HOTLINE 010
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYONG

 

The chilling draft from the overhead vent made her shudder and snuggle closer to me while I shuddered for different reasons. Like a threatened mama papa bear (because I'm her daddy after all), I tucked the sleeping cherub closer to me so I can protect her from the sadistic and terrorizing cold. 

 

Where are we, you ask?

 

Well if you read your lazy- back to the last chapter, you would know that we've been thrown out in jail. Am I breaking the third wall? Yes, are you gonna arrest me? Too bad, because I'm already in ing jail.

 

Stupid tools of the capitalist burgeoisie and enemy of the people (aka "the police").

 

There was a time that I was totally fine with the cops. We were chill, meaning that they mind their own business while I mind my own. But then my experience in the great west just ruined it all. I don't believe cops are scum—although some of them are.

 

Let's just say I'm an all or nothing person. I gave them my all, my complete trust and faith that they weren't gonna be bags. In return they gave me nothing. Actually, they gave me bags of —which is them by the way. 

 

I may be close-minded now but not one insensitive police in this hell had offered me a consoling donut or even a pat on the back. I bet my hatred for them would decrease if they just did either of those but guess what? THEY DIDN'T. 

 

So I may stick to my belief that they are, in fact, bags, thank you very much!

 

We were in what seems to look like an interrogating room which might as well be a dungeon with how sad it looked. There was only a metal table and a few sets of chairs. I'd be more comfortable rolling in my grave than in this bland room. 

 

There was also a huge mirror across from us and for anyone who's watched any kind of police or crime show, you'd know that those mirrors are special. So with that in mind, I gave them a very special salute that involved my middle finger. I was subtle with it though. I didn't just it on them like the intense son of a they seem to think that I am. No, I simply (and only) used my 'special' finger to scratch the bridge of my nose. Repeatedly. 

 

Because I'm sticking it to the man. 

 

I scratched my ear frustratedly as the incessant ticking of my watch made my hearing sensitive amidst all this quiet. We've been for about 30 minutes... maybe 40? And every second felt like that Chinese water torture thing. The first few drops are fine, they're no problem at all! But after 20 or more drops, those drops turn into '-you-better-stop' drops because it's becoming more annoying and frustrating that you just want to get out of it. 

 

Am I exaggerating? 

 

That doesn't matter because a tortured man is a broken man. I'm a broken man now. No, the man degenerated me by making me stay in this boring box like I'm in a time out. 

 

I'm a broken boy. 

 

"Ahh-choo~" 

 

Omo omo omo omo omo~!!!! Dara sneezed! Oh my god, I never heard her sneeze! That was the most adorable sound ever! ! I should've recorded it! Maybe if I tickle the spot under her nose, she'll sneeze again. 

 

Carefully, I grazed my fingertips under her nose while I readied my phone on my other hand. As I was about to tickle, she suddenly sniffed and I don't know what happened but she (again) suddenly woke up and started choking. From her spit, from my invigorating manly musk, from the overwhelming sight of me, from the memory of her undying love for me? We'll never know. All we know right now was that she was choking. 

 

And honestly, it was probably from her spit. 

 

"CAAACKK! CAACKKKKK!"

 

She looked like she was dying... wow, but she was dying with utter style and grace. 

 

I shook my head and quickly tended to her by soothing her back and checking if she's alright. From her dry-heaving, I'm guessing that she isn't. But I still ask her anyway just to make sure. Maybe she was exaggerating.

 

"I'm dying!" She wheezed in between breaths. 

 

Okay, maybe she wasn't exaggerating. 

 

I don't know what the hell or how the hell she started choking but from the way her face was paling, things are getting real. I wasn't a son of a world-class doctor for nothing so I did what I'd do when I see someone choking. 

 

"Hang on, baby, I'm gonna Heimlich you!" 

 

I quickly shot up from my seat to position myself behind her while I put my arm around her waist and positioned my hands for the procedure. Dara, lovely dying girl that she currently is, was limp under my hold, her body giving out and bending down from the lack of energy.

 

As I was about to apply the pressure on her stomach, the door suddenly slammed open, revealing the same bag who arrested us. 

 

"You dare do that in a police station?!" 

 

I was about to be offended when I looked down and noticed that Dara was tiredly leaning on the table while my arms were around her waist and our hips were positioned to do some 'actions'. I gulped. 

 

"She's dying." It came out as a squeak.

 

It was a good thing that Dara and I were truly on the same wavelength because she heaved and coughed, muttering a choppy, "I'm dying" as proof that I wasn't lying. That's my girl. 

 

When Dara let out another one of her dying coughs, I quickly went back to saving her while the policeman gave her a water bottle. I scowled at him in my head as I watched Dara take it. While I was still trying to Heimlich her maneuver, she suddenly pushed me away and drank a big gulp of the water. 

 

I should be offended but she looked much better after drinking so I just let it pass. The policeman let out a relieved sigh and I did too. Dara sat back on her chair with a weary droop on her shoulders and I sat beside her, massaging out the dejection in them. She gave me a weak smile as she mouthed a thank you. 

 

"You alright, ma cherie?" I rubbed her back and lifted her chin so that I can check her expression for any tension but I all I saw was her all-familiar glare coupled with the sweet blush on her cheeks. Dara always showed such an expression whenever I speak to her in French. Smiling softly, I pressed my lips against her head, knowing everything was alright. 

 

A clear of the throat got out attentions and we both turned to the cop who was beside another cop-looking guy (but he wasn't wearing a uniform like he was). "We've found evidence that you two aren't in fact the exhibitionists." The first cop announced. 

 

I couldn't help the smug smirk on my lips. Jiyong = 1 The Man = 0. "And why would that be, officer?" I asked innocently. 

 

The two men by the door shared a look before they parted hesitantly to reveal, my dear Adie looking like a cold-hearted General with 10 of my family's lawyers behind her. Usually, I wouldn't go into such an extent. In this case, I typically represent myself because I do have some lawyering knowledge but when my baby's threatened, daddy has to let out the big guns. 

 

"They presented CCTV footage of you before the incident..." And then he started going on about other proofs but I went ahead and muted it out because I was too focused on Dara's tense body. 

 

I knew she was worried about all of this and how being here might end up in her records. Do you know why we were in here for so long? It's because as soon as we sat down in this room, Dara started begging and bawling her eyes out for mercy. Yes, it went on for about more or less half an hour because she was so adamant about letting everything out. 

 

The police couldn't get a word in let alone a breath since she was so passionate about her spiel. Dara even went as far as to telling them her humble beginnings just to rectify the fact that she was innocent and not at all one of the devil exhibitionists they were accusing her of.

 

And with all the crying that she did, Dara's energy plummeted and she eventually dozed off, leaning on me and exhausted as hell. 

 

I for one, didn't say a peep. I went for the I'm-not-talking-without-my-lawyer route which was the safest way. I would've insisted Dara to do the same thing but she never let me speak amidst her 'testimony'. So I let her talk since it wouldn't really hurt her. And I knew my lawyers would be on their way so this would easily be a clean sweep. 

 

"No charges will be placed and your records will remain clear..." At that, Dara let out an audible sigh of relief. "Except for Mr. Kwon." Dara's head quickly snapped to me, brows high and alarmed, before they shot back to the police man.

 

I put a reassuring hand on her shoulder and confessed, "I've been arrested before."

 

"What?" She muttered incredulously.

 

I nodded gravely. "I got arrested for stealing your heart." 

 

The room—the whole station—was so deafeningly quiet that when one of my lawyers coughed, it sounded like an explosion. I looked at Dara and all I got was a glare. There was no squirm, no blush, no nothing. 

 

But , I may be insane, but I just couldn't help but smile. 

 

And as if rehearsed, everyone shook their heads, either scowling or sighing in resignation. Dara rolled her eyes at me and I answered with a quick peck on her temple because I know that it always go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter