010-UNLIKELY-ENCOUNTER

HOTLINE 010
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Yeah, I'll call you later tonight."

 

"Sure. See ya."

 

*TUT* *TUT* *TUT*

 

Dara set her phone, screen-down, on the table as she nonchalantly nibbled on an ice cream sandwich. Meanwhile, Seunghyun was peering at her with a teasing expression as he protectively held on his microwaved corndog. The taller man gave her a playful nudged while the girl just glared at him. 

 

"You and shoes guy are getting pretty darn close, huh?" 

 

She grumbled, now taking a huge bite of her ice cream much to the man's disappointment. "His name is Jiyong."

 

"Oh~" came another teasing look. "First name basis now, aren't we? Ho ho ho. Santa's coming to town early."

 

"What the heck is that supposed to even mean?" 

 

They suddenly heard someone clear their throat and they looked back to see an acne-infested clerk looking at them with a face that could care less if his body was in flames right now. 

 

"Excuse me, kind ma'am and sir." his voice was completely monotone. "There is no loitering in the store. Policy rules." he gave them a not-so apologetic shrug that could very well just say 'oh well'. "I think I'm gonna have to ask you to leave."

 

Seunghyun chewed his hotdog obnoxiously. "We're still eating here. Loitering dictates that we're not doing something. Clearly," he waved his bitten sausage to the man's face. The latter didn't even flinched. "We're still doing something." 

 

Not even a sigh was heard from him. Instead, the clerk just went back on his post and closed his eyes, just waiting for gravity to take him to the ground and await for his inevitable decomposition. The only other two people in the store quickly went back to their business. 

 

"So, you and Jiyong," he wiggled his brows. "Are getting chummy now?"

 

"No one's getting chummy with anybody." she scoffed flicking his forehead when he wouldn't stop. "He just happens to be a good distraction." 

 

"Oh? From what exactly?" 

 

She took another bite, not looking that she was in the mood for an answer. 

 

"A distraction for your thundering heart whenever you think about him?"

 

She shot him a cold look.

 

"How about when his voice sends tingles down your spine?"

 

Dara gritted her teeth, nudging his head forcefully as he chuckled. 

 

"To distract yourself from thinking about the moves he pulls on you?"

 

"Can you shut the up?"

 

"OOOhhhhh, someone's blushing~" 

 

Dara readily started pinching all his weak spots and the man shrieked at every landed hit. He nursed all his oos with a quiet coo before propping his hand up to rest his chin on it. 

 

"I thought you hated, shoes guy?"

 

"I do." she grunted.

 

Seunghyun's face erupted into a bright smile. "But why do you look so happy when you we're talking to him?" 

 

"I was not."

 

"And you we're purposefully moving away so that I can't hear your conversation?"

 

Dara shook her head. "You're thinking too much." 

 

"You have the hots for shoes guy, don't you?"

 

"I DON'T!"

 

"Aww wittle bwaby is flustered!" he pinched her cheeks. "Wittle baby has a crush!" 

 

She heaved a calm breath before looking up at him with a slight smile. "I know where the most sensitive parts of a man is. Now, if you don't want me to knee you in that special place, I would appreciate it if you take your hands away from my face." 

 

He threw her a knowing grin but immediately removed himself right after. Dara let out a sigh before going back to her ice cream. 

 

"Really though, what happened between you two?" he asked, intrigued. "Didn't you just mention that you were going to file a restraining order against him a couple of days ago?" 

 

She shrugged. "People change."

 

"Yes, but what exactly changed?" And then he stilled as if he got an idea. "You're attracted to him, aren't you?" 

 

"Can't two people from the opposite genders just be friends without speculation of attraction?" 

 

He snorted. "Pfftt, no. A man with a can't restrain himself." 

 

Dara scrutinized him from head to toe before stopping back to meet his gaze. He just gave her a raise of the brow. "Aren't you a man with a ?" 

 

Seunghyun turned to face her. "Are you saying that you're not a man with a too?" he gasped. "Y-You're a girl?! How could I have not known???" 

 

She laughed, hitting him on the shoulder. "But seriously though, we're just friends... more of friendly 'acquaintances' actually." 

 

"Acquantances." he chuckled amusedly. 

 

"Well in my part anyway." she explained. "We don't really know each other on a deep personal level, you know." 

 

He gave her a slight nudge. "Not like us, best buddy?"

 

She rolled her eyes. "No not like us, best chum." she laughed before it abruptly died down. "Besides, he... He..." 

 

"What is it?"

 

Dara cleared , looking away from him, embarrassed to see his reaction. "He said that he wants me to be his girlfriend." 

 

He gasped. "No ?" 

 

"B-But he said that he'll do that when we meet in person." she muttered shyly. "He says that we should get to know each other first and that we're not ready to meet." 

 

"So that's why you're so sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter