010-MESS-AND-A-HALF

HOTLINE 010
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seunghyun snorted in Dara's ear as she restlessly did (and 're-did') her hair. She gave him an icy glare through the mirror while the latter just smiled innocently. Rubbing his germs off her ear, Dara turned to see her family dressed in the most formal clothes they had.

 

Jiyong didn't really specify what to wear other than saying 'comfortable', but knowing his family, their form of comfortable had labels of Armani, Gucci, and Louis Vuitton in them. 

 

Her parents were dressed in a matching dark blue ensemble. Dara could vaguely remember seeing the same attire in their wedding picture, and by the tight fit on some areas, she believed that her hunch was right. The buttons on the jacket of her father's suit were practically holding on for their dear lives, while the unwanted fat on her mother's arms as a cause of old age were almost looking as plump as Choi Seunghyun's thighs. 

 

An almost grateful sigh escaped the eldest daughter's lips when she saw her siblings. Durami wore a simple knee-length dress that had some embroidery while Sanghyun wore the same church clothes that he always hated. Thankfully, they were a bit more bearable than her parents.

 

And hey, whoa! She wasn't implying that her parents were embarrassing! Well, they already were, but they weren't as embarrassing as—

 

"Oh my god! Appa!! Did the back of your pants just inflate?" Durami shrieked. 

 

Mrs. Park hit her husband in the arm, growling, "We're not even there yet and you're already ruining our name!" 

 

"Jesus, I can't help it if I'm human! What do you want me to do? Die?!" 

 

"Go ahead!! If I throw flowers at you, will you die faster?" 

 

Yeah... no, they were just eccentric. 

 

"Knock, knock, knock-ity, knock~!" 

 

Like a certain fool she's unfortunately in love with. 

 

Sandara Park's plan was just to casually walk to the door, and act all cool and collected... but then Seunghyun came into the picture. Apparently, the two men had become best friends without her knowing, and like a dog that's eager to hear his master's call, Seunghyun began to run to the door, leaving her behind to race up to him. 

 

"Y-You bastard, he's mine!!" Dara practically screeched, trying to push Seunghyun's head out of the way. 

 

"You can't even speak French, you stupid vache sans éducation (uneducated cow)!! We share the language of love!" Seunghyun retorted, trying to stick his finger up her nose to disorient her. 

 

When they finally made it to the door, Seunghyun was the first to hold the door knob, making Dara want to claw him even more. She was about to push him away when Seunghyun opened the door, revealing a wide-eyed Adrienne instead. The blonde European looked at both of them before settling on Dara. 

 

"Is something wrong, Ms. Park?" Her French-accented English was hesitant—even shy. Dara however was paying attention to the figure who was behind Adrienne with a giant grin on his face. Seeing this, Adrienne reluctantly turned to Seunghyun who had his face puckered as if he had just tasted the sourest lemon on Earth. Adrienne looked at him, disturbed.

 

Unlike the strict and professional get-up Adrienne Dubois always wore, her usual tight bun had been freed and her golden hair was flowing openly like the great Pacific Ocean. Her pencil skirt had been replaced by bell bottom jeans, and her white shirt and blazer combo had been replaced by a baggy cardigan and a top that's tucked into her pants. Finishing off her ensemble, her glasses somehow looked cuter on her pert little nose. 

 

Seunghyun's face scrunched even more.

 

Meanwhile...

 

Jiyong sauntered over to his girlfriend and put his hands on her waist. "Look who the cat dragged out of its y bag," Dara was about to smile, but when he heard that come out from his mouth, she scowled instead.

 

Jiyong hummed contentedly and placed a lingering kiss on her cheek. "I missed you," he whispered. Her eyes softened at the tenderness of his voice and before he knew it, she had her arms wrapped around his neck and kissed the yearning in his voice away. 

 

Due to Dara's residency and Jiyong's business, they haven't really seen each other in a week. Yes, they would talk constantly on the phone, but hearing a voice is always different than seeing them in front of you. Intimacy is much more craved through the senses. A lover's touch would make you shake in yearning anticipation, and their natural scent would make you want to hold them closer as it brings you to a serene comfort. In other words, being in front of them makes you want to be with them even more. 

 

And right now, the couple wanted to be with each other... a little too much. 

 

His wandering fingertips on her clothed back sent a chill down her spine. It was crazy how she shivered as if she was under his fingers. Jiyong hummed contentedly as she bit his lip, pulling it slightly as she drew back. A devilish smirk appeared on his face. Much to her curiosity, his sly look from earlier ended with the same tenderness from before.

 

"Je t'adore." He brushed a stray of her errant hair away and kissed her brow. "Je t'aime." He moved to give her cheek a lingering peck. "Je vis pour toi." And then he kissed her again because he couldn't get enough. 

 

Meanwhile, Dara's family and Seunghyun casted the couple one last disgusted look before they invited Adrienne in, and closed the door. 

 

As they parted, Jiyong marveled at the dazed and sated look in her eyes. With a somewhat shy voice, she asked, "What did you say?" 

 

Jiyong smiled and kissed her little nose. "I adore you. I love you. And I live for you." Her smile was bright, but then he cupped her face and practically squeezed her cheeks together. "My adorable, happy, little girlfriend." 

 

"Oh shut up." Because that always was her go-to tsundere reply... but then, "I love you too, stupid." Because Sandara Park really did love this fool.

 

"Glad you agree, babe." Jiyong patted her and swiftly moved himself away before she could hit him (with love, of course). He chuckled at her scowling face and then his eyes moved to her dress, making him slightly amused. "Didn't I say to wear something comfortable?"

 

Dara rolled her eyes. "Oh please. Do you really think our comfortable is in the same league as your parents' comfortable?" While she spoke, she looked at his own clothes and found him wearing a buttoned shirt under a sweater and some slacks. Dara raised a brow. "Hi pot, meet kettle." 

 

He cleared his throat. "Omma made us do it. She gets a little nervous when meeting new people and she wants to leave a good impression." 

 

Dara gave him another disbelieving look as she took his hand and pulled him to their door. "What kind of impression is she going for? The you're-too-poor-to-date-my-son kind?"

 

Jiyong snickered as he opened the door for them. "No, she's going for the this-is-how-I'm-gonna-look-in-your-wedding because you know I'm gonna have to marry your y ." 

 

Dara tried to ignore his indirect proposal but she could already feel the heat on her cheeks. She turned to her family and whispered a retort to him. "Your mom's gonna marry me?" 

 

"Aghh, no that's not what I meant—" He stopped himself when he saw her family. An amazed breath came out from him. "You guys clean up nice!" At that, Sanghyun high-fived him while Mrs. Park gave him a shy "Oh stop it you~" 

 

"Ughh, we look like we're going to a prom, and there's no universe where I want to be in a prom with my parents!" Durami wailed. 

 

As a cause of Jiyong being the youngest and not having a sister (that's not a psychotic ), he wanted to console the little duckling, but before he could do so, Dara tugged him towards her and looked at him meaningfully. "Those tears are a trap. She just wants you to hug her." 

 

"Why?"

 

My little sister is lusting for you, and I'm the only one who should be lusting over you! "She's a ert."

 

He sighed and shook his head in mock dismay. "Too bad I'm only letting one ert play with me." He booped her nose. "And it's you, baby doll. Do you wanna drive my car?" And then he whispers, "It's a real stick." 

 

"Oh my god!" Dara immediately stomped away from him, fuming and blushing at the same time while Jiyong giggled, saying it was just a joke with a wink. 

 

Throughout all this, Adrienne was sitting primly on one of the Park's sofas. The cushion was so soft and worn that she thought she'd get inside the seat as soon as she sat. Beside her—on the other end of the couch, actually—was Seunghyun who seemed to be acting weirdly ever since she arrived. 

 

Although she was only a mere passerby in his life, Adrienne known him to be sociable and amusing. She had likened him to her boss, but Seunghyun (she felt) was more down-to-earth—more carefree and comfortable with himself, perhaps. It's not as if Jiyong wasn't like that too. He was, but his almost borderline bipolar personalities got Adie into thinking that her boss is more calculative than everyone seems. 

 

When she glanced Seunghyun's way, she saw him talking animatedly with Dara's siblings. Since they were all speaking in Korean, she didn't really understand their conversation, but by the way the kids cackled and how Seunghyun wiggled his brows, she knew that it would be something ridiculous.

 

When she let out a small smile, she caught the young Park boy's eyes and he blushed. The next thing Adie knew, Seunghyun was looking at her. He was talking to her in Korean but when she just threw him a confused look, he waved a dismissive hand. 

 

"Sorry, I forgot you can't speak Korean." His French vocabulary was perfect, but his accent was just a little off. Adrienne fought against the threatening curl of her lips. 

 

"It's fine," she assured in English so that the Park siblings could understand her too. When they just blinked at her European magnificence, she turned to Seunghyun and decided to speak in French. "Your French is very good." 

 

"I just said one sentence."

 

Adrienne almost scoffed, but held herself back. "I mean, from the past," she mumbled, her tone growing awkward. "I've heard it and it's good." 

 

For a moment, he just looked at her. Hell, she could feel everyone looking at her. She thought that she would get used to it eventually but being so different among such a homogenous bunch made her feel... like she didn't belong. 

 

"Thank you," Seunghyun replied although sounding absent. 

 

Adrienne nodded and suddenly stood up. She silently went to the Dara and asked for the bathroom, unto which the girl answer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter