010-SURPRISE-STRIKE

HOTLINE 010
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I don't wanna be here. I don't wanna do this." Jiyong chanted, looking like a mental patient. "I really don't wanna be here and I really don't wanna do this." 

 

"They're just asking you to pee in a cup, son." 

 

Jiyong glared at his father and pushed back the small cup towards the confused and amused nurse. 

 

"It's not just some cup." he muttered crazily. "I don't like being tested and dissected on!!"

 

"No one's gonna dissect you, Jiyong." Changhee put a hand on the boy's back and smiled reassuringly. "At least not until later."

 

"WHAT?!" 

 

"Oh son," the older man was caught in fits of giggles. "I'm just messing around with you." 

 

"You don't ever joke about that, dad! No one ever jokes about that!"

 

"Arasso, arasso," he nodded dismissively as he patted his son's head. "I'll tone it down—"

 

"I don't want you to tone it down!" Jiyong whined. "I want you to stop!" 

 

A clear of the throat suddenly got their attention and they're heads instantly turned to the sound, both their expressions neutral and somewhat unnerving. The nurse gulped at the sight of their identical stoicism and hurriedly looked back down at her clipboard, mumbling, "We can postpone the urinary test if you're not comfortable doing it today..." 

 

Jiyong almost screamed 'Hallelujah' but his father stepped in and took the small plastic cup from the nurse's trembling hands. The older man pushed the cup to his son's chest, earning him a wince and a glare. Jiyong always wondered why he didn't adopt his father's firm physique and strength. Compared to him, he looked like a man who just barely finished the final stages of puberty. He wasn't built like his dad but he wasn't lanky either. He may be able to punch a pillow into complete flatness but other than that... uhmm... well, he can open jars too? He shot an inconspicuous scowl at his father as he nursed his slightly aching chest. At least he was taller than the old rat bastard. 

 

"Jiyong's doing it today, darling." His father announced. The nurse nodded briskly and told them in a quiet mutter where the cup should be placed when Jiyong was done. After that, she zoomed back to her position inside the safe confines of the nurses' station. 

 

"DaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAdddd!!!!" Jiyong complained yet again. 

 

Changhee sighed exasperatedly and practically hauled him to the nearest bathroom and locked him there. It was one thing when Jiyong was a pain in the when he was younger but it was another when the same boy was already a grown man. He looked at the closed bathroom door one last time before setting himself in the bench area and waited. He would've thought that Jiyong would be comfortable around a hospital setting like his sister since their mother was a renowned doctor but then again, his son was always one for surprises. Shaking his head, he took his phone out and called his lovely ex-wife to pass the time and ask giddily about their baby. 

 

Jiyong felt like he was in a prison. He always appreciated a nice bathroom but right now, he couldn't even acknowledge the beauty of the porcelain seat and classy tiles without thinking that he was in a hospital. . And what made it worse was that he had to pee in a cup like some savage. To tell you the truth, Jiyong really didn't have the best aim in the shooting range, if you get my drift. He would always try his hardest but in the end, a drop would always somehow land on a toilet seat, or worse, on his hands. 

 

And now they expect him to pee on a tiny- cup? What did they think he is, a ing sniper? Jiyong shook his head in disdain. The expectations they had in this hospital were far overreaching!  

 

He flinched when he heard a knock on the door. "What's taking so long, Jiyong?" It was his dad. 

 

"Leave me alone!" Said the angsty teenage man. 

 

"You've been there for 5 minutes, boy. Do you want your mother to come help you—"

 

"Oh god no!" he grimaced. "She's not there, is she?" 

 

"She will be if you keep stalling." 

 

"STOP PRESSURING ME!!!" he practically shrieked. 

 

"Arasso, arasso." And then he heard his footsteps gradually disappear, making him sigh in relief. 

 

His eyes switched back to he cup in his hand and he swore he saw his life flash before his eyes. 

 

. . . !!!

 

Oh c'mon, Jiyong. You're just peeing in a cup, urged his traitorous conscious. What can go wrong?

 

"Oh I don't know, they find out that I have an incurable disease?!" 

 

Great, now he's talking to himself. 

 

Then isn't it better if you did this now rather than later?

 

"But I don't wanna pee in a cup!" he whined childishly. 

 

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK* 

 

"Didn't I tell you to go away, you old fart?!" 

 

There was silence on the other side before he was met by a voice of an angel. "What the did you call me, ?" 

 

Without another word or thought, Jiyong opened the door and pulled the girl in, earning him a surprised screech. Dara landed on his chest with an oomph before she looked up and shot him the deadliest glare she could muster. 

 

"They want me to pee in a cup." He said as if it was the most impossible and outrageous thing he's ever heard. 

 

Dara pushed herself off his chest and scowled, "Are you kidding me right now?" 

 

"I KNOW!! Who makes people pee in a cup?!" 

 

"Jiyong." she said exasperatedly. "You're just peeing in a damn cup." 

 

"Do you hear yourself?" he gasped scandalously. 

 

"Is this your first time doing this?" 

 

He shook his head vehemently. "Omma forced me to do it when I was younger and I told her that I wasn't gonna be a doctor if she made me do it again." 

 

She paused, looking at him thoughtfully. "But you're not a doctor now." 

 

"Doesn't that explain everything?" He scoffed, "She made me do it again when I was 18. I take my threats very seriously, baby doll."

 

Dara cringed. "Don't call me that." And it was worse since they were in a public bathroom. 

 

"Can you pee in it for me?" he suddenly asked. 

 

She looked at him as if he was insane. "I'm not gonna pee in a cup for you, Jiyong!" 

 

He waved a dismissive hand, "It's not like they're gonna know." 

 

"Uhh yeah they will." she said in a 'duh' tone. "Urinary tests can tell if the patient's sample is from a man or a woman." 

 

"." 

 

Dara just scowled again. 

 

"Why are you even here anyway?" he muttered sulkily. 

 

"I was walking by and your dad saw me. One thing led to another and I just found myself here." she shrugged as if it was a daily occurrence. 

 

Jiyong was pleasantly surprised at how nonchalant she sounded at his father's randomness. A typical human needs at least a week of Changhee exposure until they could get used to him. Heol, his mother needed a year until she warmed up to him. It was good that they were childhood friends. Anyway, Dara seems to understand the enigma that was his father only after one day of meeting. He knew he didn't win any real lotteries but knowing that Dara was 'considerate' of his father already felt like he had just won a million bucks. 

 

After that thought, Jiyong composed himself and went back to whining. He wasn't going to let her hot doctor girlfriend to sway him. Oh no. He had a dignity and a right! He plans to uphold those!

 

"I really don't wanna do this, DaraaAaAaaaaaAAAAA!" 

 

Even if it meant that he was going to be ironic about it. 

 

"It's just a cup!" She repeated with more aggravated emphasis. "Gosh, you're 25! Be mature for once, will you." 

 

And that's when she realized the error of her ways because before she knew it, her back met the wall and his arms were suddenly encasing—practically cornering her. His eyes that were once full of mirth and mischief were now dark and menacing. Dara couldn't help the tremble in her body and she had to look away since she couldn't handle his piercing gaze. He wasn't that much taller than her but somehow, it felt like Jiyong was towering over her. She allowed herself another peek, only to see him with the same cold and unreadable eyes. The sight made her get goosebumps and she flushed. 

 

Why did he look so hot?

 

Dara was probably a closet masochist.

 

"I don't like hospitals." he breathed against her ear, making her shudder. "I don't like how they make me feel vulnerable. I may look like I'm a ing idiot all the time but I know what I'm doing." he growled. "I don't like knowing the medical that's happening with me. I don't like knowing that I can't figure it out for myself and fix it for myself. People die here every time and half of them are completely clueless. They're only left here to rot and wait for death. Why am I being so ing immature about this?" The growl on his voice grew stronger and her knees started trembling... with lust!

 

GASP. 

 

Now that she was in this position, she suddenly realized that Jiyong rarely uses curses and hearing it now...  me. She wanted to hear more... more... MORE!

 

His wet lips brushed the skin of her ear while her hands gripped on his clothes as if to save her from dear life. "I'm ing immature about this because I'm scared."

 

Dara stilled as she heard the hoarseness of his voice. Even though it may sound ridiculous, she could feel the truth in him—Jiyong was really scared. Seeing the seriousness in his expression, she put a comforting hand on his cheek as she gave his arm a gentle squeeze.

 

To be honest, the argument that he gave earlier was flawed in all its entirety. If not figuring out thing was making him so ansty like this then he must've been a real pain in the when he was in school. No one ever knew when they're in school, hence someone teaching them. 

 

But then her mind drifted off to somewhere else. He had mentioned people dying in the hospital and the fact that people are clueless and helpless to whatever sickness they were experiencing. Jiyong wasn't afraid of hospitals. He was afraid of death. 

 

Whoa, how did that get deep so fast? 

 

She found him burying his face on her shoulder while she responded by petting his head. She wasn't really sure how this confession turned into something so serious. Dara had always thought that he was a lighthearted man but then it seemed like the weight of the world was suddenly on him. 

 

Honestly, she felt like a . 

 

"Jiyo—"

 

"Kiss me better." His voice dark and sultry just as the expression on his face.

 

An anxious but excited sensation ran through her as she watched how he slowly descended down to level with her eyes. Dara's heart started racing against her chest, barely able to breath. She slowly closed her eyes and waited eagerly for the familiar touch of his lips. It seemed like an electric current passed through her at the brush of his mouth. Instinctively, Dara started to pucker but that was when she felt him move away. Before she knew it, she heard a click of the camera and Jiyong's boisterous laugh. 

 

"Oh m-my god!!" He stuttered in between giggles. "You're so cute!!!" He then started mimicking the photo he took of her by puckering his lips obnoxiously. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter